Southern California Southern California

Another Van Nuys Blvd. cruise July 8th!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:23 PM
bluovl
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Another Van Nuys Blvd. cruise July 8th!

From what I have been finding on other sites the next cruise is scheduled for July 8th! Lets try to support this. I will post more info if I find it. Peter
Old 06-18-2009, 11:44 PM
b_pappy
Melting Slicks

Location: the GOCC are everywhere, even back from "band camp"
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

We want to make this one, last time looked great.
Bruce
Old 06-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please keep me posted I'm very interested in this. I cruised there in the 80's in a 70 Nova SS 396 those were great days and I'm glad somebody thought about trying this again.Sounds like the last turnout went well with 300+ cars
Old 06-20-2009, 12:19 PM
bluovl
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Van Nuys

Hey Torched,

I was on Van Nuys at the same time. Was your Nova White with exhaust coming out the back under the bumper?
Old 06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bluovl
Hey Torched,

I was on Van Nuys at the same time. Was your Nova White with exhaust coming out the back under the bumper?
It was maroon with a 4 pin fiberglass hood,centerlines, roll cage.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:33 AM
B R
Melting Slicks

Location: Los Angeles, CA.... I know a guy who has a Lambo with Corvette doors
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I might check it again
Old 06-21-2009, 11:57 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Used to ride with my Uncle in a light yellow Javelin, I was a kid. Never forget all the muscle out there, hanging out at Super Shops, etc.
Good stuff!

All the old "racers" were at the VN cruise recently, Bottle bob and the entire cast of characters is still out there.
Go check it out.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Used to ride with my Uncle in a light yellow Javelin, I was a kid. Never forget all the muscle out there, hanging out at Super Shops, etc.
Good stuff!

All the old "racers" were at the VN cruise recently, Bottle bob and the entire cast of characters is still out there.
Go check it out.
Bottle bob! no way now that brings back memories. I hope to make the next cruise in July one one problem I work a partial night shift. I'll figure something out.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:22 PM
slickfx3
Safety Car

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Torched
Bottle bob! no way now that brings back memories. I hope to make the next cruise in July one one problem I work a partial night shift. I'll figure something out.
yup, 1974 75 Wed nights, lotsa cammed up cars....
Old 06-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Razzle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, Groucho was out there too. July 8th, and every second Wednesday after
Old 06-21-2009, 07:09 PM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Gotta get mine running, this is the kinda cruise night Im up for!
Those were the days when old iron ruled the street..

Now its littered with gray hairs and Bingo stubs
Old 06-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

WOW this sure sounds fun! What about Mr. Black and white? Will cruising on Van Nuys Blvd. again freak out the man? Any problems last time?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Razzle
Racer

WOW this sure sounds fun! What about Mr. Black and white? Will cruising on Van Nuys Blvd. again freak out the man? Any problems last time?
The Police were VERY cool. A couple warnings for some mild mis-haps, and a deserved arrest and vehicle impound for an A*SHOLE. The Police have a JOB to do. Respect that, and you'll have nothing to fear. Some guy did a pretty impressive burnout. The Police pulled him over and said, I'm not writing you a ticket. But, I think I'll write, in BIG letters on your windshield, I'm the jacka*s that F*cked it up for everyone, and force you to cruise that way the rest of the night. Now, how are you gonna act?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Razzle
The Police were VERY cool. A couple warnings for some mild mis-haps, and a deserved arrest and vehicle impound for an A*SHOLE. The Police have a JOB to do. Respect that, and you'll have nothing to fear. Some guy did a pretty impressive burnout. The Police pulled him over and said, I'm not writing you a ticket. But, I think I'll write, in BIG letters on your windshield, I'm the jacka*s that F*cked it up for everyone, and force you to cruise that way the rest of the night. Now, how are you gonna act?
LOL yes always a @*shole in the crowd. I'm sure some of the cops are car guys and dig the cars. I work next to Bob's in Burbank the the Burbank police are always cool of your cool with them. Respect the man and I agree he will leave you alone.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Razzle
Racer

So, who else do you remember from the street races from back then? BTW, I'm Groucho. This board wouldn't let me join as Groucho
Old 06-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

So, who else do you remember from the street races from back then? BTW, I'm Groucho. This board wouldn't let me join as Groucho
Hey Groucho.How bout Frick and Frack and a guy who would show up once in a while with a red prostreet 66 nova named Anthony. I can't remember his last name but he rebuilt my holly 4 barrel and installed a electronic distributor so I not keep getting smoked by V8 Vega's
Old 06-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Razzle
Racer

Hey Groucho.How bout Frick and Frack and a guy who would show up once in a while with a red prostreet 66 nova named Anthony. I can't remember his last name but he rebuilt my holly 4 barrel and installed a electronic distributor so I not keep getting smoked by V8 Vega's
I don't recall the Nova/Anthony. Big frick died about 10 yrs ago in his sleep, and the shorter brother was at the Van Nuys cruise in a yellow 69 Nova w/primered front end from Palmdale. PS-did "WE" know eachother?

Get notified of new replies

To Another Van Nuys Blvd. cruise July 8th!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:48 PM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

How about Gramps...THe guy I think his name was John, he had a couple Boss 302 Stangs (days of Kevins Burgers on Desoto) ...Man tons of guys, had a BLAST back then.
Sepulveda, Glenoaks/Peoria, once SF road got hairy with problems of different sorts I quit going

Grouch my buddy F Koster was telling me about that mishap, was a friend of his car . Guess when he came to a stop and was getting his warning there was smoke drifting forward from the wheelwell in front of all of them. He used to run a bright yellow 67 rs Camaro with rallyes and a wicked smallblock back in the Van Nuys Bl days, still has it.
Nice warning lol

Last edited by cv67; 06-21-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Razzle
Racer

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
How about Gramps...THe guy I think his name was John, he had a couple Boss 302 Stangs l
Pop's Toy. Old man Boskavich, from Boskovich farms. They grew green onions (scallions), and owned tons of property. Anyway, he had the Candy red Mustang with a SOHC motor in it. It got stolen, and a reward was offered in the recycler for MONTHS
Old 06-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

I don't recall the Nova/Anthony. Big frick died about 10 yrs ago in his sleep, and the shorter brother was at the Van Nuys cruise in a yellow 69 Nova w/primered front end from Palmdale. PS-did "WE" know eachother?
Groucho, I'm not sure I was not a regular but remember those days well.Hopefully I can get a day off work on the 8th and meet up with everyone.

Quick Reply: Another Van Nuys Blvd. cruise July 8th!