Southern California Southern California

California speeding

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Jim_H
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default California speeding

After reading about all the speeding ticket and CHP posts I'm mystified by the fact that I'm always being passed by young girls in ratty cars or Soccer mom looking women in SUVs.

I typically drive at least 10 mph or so miles an hour over the limit everywhere. Yesterday I was in Santa Clarita on Soledad Canyon Rd being tailgated by a woman in a Honda Pilot. I'm going 50 in a 40 zone, I pull over and she blows by me like I'm standing still. On the highway I always see young girls driving anything from a POS Toyota to BMWs tooling right by me in the right lane, and I'm usually doing 80.

I've only been living here 18 months but I started to noticed this right away, must've counted dozens, what gives? Am I just not noticing guys driving that way too, must I admit to being sexist? Why would the cops have to bother with speeding Corvettes with all this low hanging fruit to pluck?

Is it just me?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Black02LS1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im afriad this may just be some random coninsidence. This sort of thing would never fly around where I live.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:36 AM
dpfaff
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually I think the I-15 is turning into one long drag strip for the commuter vans headed south in the AM. I am suprised that there has not been a serious mishap with those knuckle heads. They are constantly rolling up behind me in the slow lane doing 80 plus. Or passing on the right.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:43 AM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

on southbound 15 yesterday doing 84 with a group of cars and a motor cycle CHP drove by us all and never even looked.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Richard EVO
Pro

A buncha he-man Corvette drivers complaining that girls drive too fast! You guys are a riot!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
Im afriad this may just be some random coninsidence. This sort of thing would never fly around where I live.
Nope it's a common occurrence once school starts. tailgating, unsafe lane changing and speeding it's all out there, Mini vans drivers are the worst urban shuttles crafts, watch out.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 392 Likes on 246 Posts

If you think I-15 traffic is fast now, you should have driven it when Temec, Menifee, Wildomar, Murietta had 5 people total for a population...not unusual to see exotics running 170+ for miles and miles. What a great time! Races started at 100MPH...

I raced a CHP Mustang with my car (turbo GTC) and crept by him doing 146 (his RADAR.) Great fun! (He wasn't too happy getting beat by a 4 banger!)
Old 11-16-2009, 05:14 PM
pablocruise
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah man. I'm with you. I got nailed in my silverado when I was struggling to keep up with the flow of traffic. I was just getting smoked by most of the traffic (8:30 am on the NB 101 in Woodland Hills).

Effin CHP picked me yet all these SUV's and shet are just flying all over the place.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:01 PM
rjensen3
Pro

Location: San Diego, CA, Point Loma-Home to the USN & USMC. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.

Originally Posted by Jim_H
After reading about all the speeding ticket and CHP posts I'm mystified by the fact that I'm always being passed by young girls in ratty cars or Soccer mom looking women in SUVs.

I typically drive at least 10 mph or so miles an hour over the limit everywhere. Yesterday I was in Santa Clarita on Soledad Canyon Rd being tailgated by a woman in a Honda Pilot. I'm going 50 in a 40 zone, I pull over and she blows by me like I'm standing still. On the highway I always see young girls driving anything from a POS Toyota to BMWs tooling right by me in the right lane, and I'm usually doing 80.

I've only been living here 18 months but I started to noticed this right away, must've counted dozens, what gives? Am I just not noticing guys driving that way too, must I admit to being sexist? Why would the cops have to bother with speeding Corvettes with all this low hanging fruit to pluck?

Is it just me?
As a female and a vette driver, I can concur with your observation to a point; that being, I see the housewives and young girls who drive recklessly, but I do not see them getting special treatment, as I have seen many of them getting a ticket.

Yes, I have been passed by CHP while I was doing 75 and either getting a hard look or no look at all, but that is because I am driving safely (not erratically and changing lanes) and keeping with the flow of traffic.

Husband says I am over due, but since he is checking the mail everyday for that photo-enforced ticket, as of late he is pretty quiet on the topic

But all and all, I do agree, they are watching for the hot rides,
I'm sure they figure it is just a matter of time.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

I just got busted for 70 in a 55 in the middle of the frikken desert, Yacca Valley, no one around for miles yet it's 55 go figure. Instant on
V1 and her lights came on together. Then tried to get me on tinted windows and non perscription sunglasses. Politians **** the money away and bend us over for the difference.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 PM
HellaciousA
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jim_H

Is it just me?
I see it all the time as well. Be careful on Soledad, SCV sheriff loves to hide in the median on a bike shooting radar right in front of Saugus Speedway. They hide near the landscaping.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 79 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jimman
Then tried to get me on ......... non perscription sunglasses.
Let me get this straight - They tried to write you up for wearing non-prescription sunglasses?

What'd you do - take off and leave em in the dust?

...and you were doing only 70 on a deserted stretch of highway in the desert? Was this a dream?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
SDLS1Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just got busted for 70 in a 55 in the middle of the frikken desert, Yacca Valley, no one around for miles yet it's 55 go figure. Instant on
V1 and her lights came on together.
Laser or radar Jim?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SDLS1Rider
Laser or radar Jim?
maybe LIDAR
Old 11-17-2009, 06:06 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

A friend years ago got fined $400 for propositioning a meter maid in San Diego...over a $10 parking ticket...
Old 11-17-2009, 06:50 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dave68
Let me get this straight - They tried to write you up for wearing non-prescription sunglasses?

What'd you do - take off and leave em in the dust?

...and you were doing only 70 on a deserted stretch of highway in the desert? Was this a dream?
and also tinted windows when I asked why 55 mph in an area, Yukka Valley, where there was absolutely nothing around she said it was because people walk here.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:51 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SDLS1Rider
Laser or radar Jim?
instant on radar her lights and my Valentine whet off at the same time.

Get notified of new replies

To California speeding

Old 11-17-2009, 06:51 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rihwoods
A friend years ago got fined $400 for propositioning a meter maid in San Diego...over a $10 parking ticket...
but damn flatbed she lookes so good
Old 11-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

V1 and her lights came on together. Then tried to get me on tinted windows and non perscription sunglasses. Politians **** the money away and bend us over for the difference.
What in the world could have possibly taken your attention off yer drivin' to get busted at that speed..........
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Varmit
What in the world could have possibly taken your attention off yer drivin' to get busted at that speed..........
Something came up and I was preoccupied

Quick Reply: California speeding