Southern California Southern California

CALIFORNIA STINGRAYS 2013 Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
imariver
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Default CALIFORNIA STINGRAYS 2013 Cruise

ALL CRUISERS IN THE SOUTH, PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO GO ON THIS CRUISE.

The California Stingrays are extending a cordial invitation to all C3 owners in the Western states, to cruise with us on May 11th 2013, to San Luis Obispo.
From the South, there will be a couple of meeting points, for those that want to cruise in a group. We will end up, meeting at the Embassy Suites, mid afternoon on the 11th, a dinner and meeting will take place that afternoon/evening. On Sunday a cruise to the coast, (maybe Morrow Bay) and then everyone will be on their own. A rain date of May 18th has been set.
For further detail please contact me, more information will be added in the future.
FYI: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF FACEBOOK TO VIEW THE PAGE. IT IS A PUBLIC PAGE FOR ANYONE TO VIEW

FACEBOOK LINK

There will be two major stops for the cruisers coming from the south.
First stop; Park n Ride in Camarillo, South East corner of Las Posas Rd. and the 101, we'll wait for other cruisers and DEPART at 9:00 AM There is a mini-mart close by to get gas and munchies, and a 10-100.
Second stop; Betteravia Mobil Service station, in Santa Maria, South East corner of Betteravia Rd and the 101. We'll try to plan it so we are there around 11:00 Am, wait for more cruisers and leave between 11:30 & 12:00

If you plan on bringing a mobil radio, almost everyone that has one already, will be using the Motorola MR350. People cruising from the south...... we will be using Channel 21, code 21 Otherwise it's a good idea to keep in touch by cell phone. i have two mobil numbers you can call to reach me; (714) 334-0222 & (714) 310-8247

It's a good idea to bring a small fire extinguisher too.

Please indicate, if you haven't already..........weather or not you will bring a guest, and if you will be having dinner /staying overnight.

IF YOUR NAME ISN'T HERE . . IT SHOULD BE! LET ME KNOW.

CRUISING FROM THE SOUTH:

01. IMARIVER............STEVE.........SILVER 73.......STANTON........................ ........ROOM IS BOOKED
02. JDECARLO............JIM.............WHIT E 81.......LAKE FOREST..........................
03. MRMAGIC.............DAVE..........RED 81............LANCASTER................. ...........
04. SPINADOG...........JOHN..........BLUE 70...........LONG BEACH...........................
05. MUZKGUY.............KIRK..........GRAY 70..........SHERMAN OAKS......................
06. TOD M ELLIOTT.....TOD............ORANGE 77.....CAMARILLO........................ .....ROOM IS BOOKED
07. RACERC3.............RON............PURPL E 74.......ALTA LOMA.............................ROOM IS BOOKED
08. 79CALSHARK....... ROLAND.......SILVER 79.......lOS ANGELES..........................
09. ......................... CHRIS..........RED 76............
10. ..........................GABRIEL....... BROWN 78
11. ..........................SANDY......... .YELLOW 69

Last edited by imariver; 05-02-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added info, corrected info
Old 01-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Racer C3
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default I'll Be There

I'm coming from the south too - Alta Loma. Looking forward to it!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 AM
imariver
Drifting

I got the sneaky suspicion that the rooms need to be booked early, otherwise there may not be any available.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 79 Likes on 50 Posts

The 2014 C7 Corvette is a Stingray. Will you be inviting owners of those cars as well? Get ready for some new members to quicken up the pace!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 AM
imariver
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dave68
The 2014 C7 Corvette is a Stingray. Will you be inviting owners of those cars as well? Get ready for some new members to quicken up the pace!
Arrrrr, let me check the by-laws on that.......

Ok, I'm not going to open up that can of worms. I already got my butt in hot water once over that issue.

Even though the flyer says "C3 Stingrays", first and formost this cruise is for any year C3.

I'm sure that a lot of people are making light of the new C7, I personally think it's kinda cool looking, especially for a first-run generation change, but nowhere as unique as some of the prievious generations.
Change is a hard pill to swallow, but none the less, inevitable. I'm not too sure if, (the C7) is worthy of being called a Stingray, but it's nice to see that moniker is being resurected . . . in ANY form.

A Corvette is a Corvette! Long may it live in any form.

And that's all I have to say about that.....
Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Dave68
Race Director

I think you made a good choice. We used to have an all- Corvette mountain "cruise" but somehow Cobras infiltrated the group.
If I still had my C3 vert, I'd be running with you guys.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
I think you made a good choice. We used to have an all- Corvette mountain "cruise" but somehow Cobras infiltrated the group.
If I still had my C3 vert, I'd be running with you guys.
You know...we luv all Corvettes and their owners! If we did open this run to all Corvettes or others...C-3's could easiely be the minority real quick...Dave, better get that C-3 back...quick!! Muddy
Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 PM
imariver
Drifting

Ok, as the time draws nearer, we are starting to nail down some of the details of the SLO cruise. The first staging point is in Camarillo at the park n ride. This is located on the Southeast corner of Las Posas Rd. and the 101 fwy. Thoses that are cruising should meet there sometime before 9 AM We will wait till all cruisers arrive and then head north on the 101. There may be one other stop along the way to pick up more cruisers.

Last edited by imariver; 01-31-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Originally Posted by Muddywaters
You know...we luv all Corvettes and their owners! If we did open this run to all Corvettes or others...C-3's could easiely be the minority real quick...Dave, better get that C-3 back...quick!! Muddy
You know, I never did see a C3 on any of our mountain cruises. The leader had a C4 and there were other C4s among us, but mostly C5s and then C6s.
Believe me, Muddy, if I had an extra garage, I'd still have the 68 vert. Fortunately, I did enjoy it for almost 22 years. The current owner came from Texas and drove her back there. He had been looking for one for over a year after his house and C3 burned down.

Dave
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 AM
imariver
Drifting

Arrr,...... Any chance he would let you borrow it for a couple days?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
imariver
Drifting

More details added to the frist page of this thread.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Originally Posted by imariver
Arrr,...... Any chance he would let you borrow it for a couple days?
That'd be great, but I'm a long way from Pearland, Texas!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Tod M Elliott
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm working on getting a few more guys rounded up from the V.C. area to tag along with us this year (looks very positive). For the 2013 run I'm actually going to have a co-pilot with me (My 13 year old daughter) might help to keep me a little more in line and out of trouble (Muddy). She has wanted to do this last year so we'll give it a shot and see what happens.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 PM
imariver
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tod M Elliott
I'm working on getting a few more guys rounded up from the V.C. area to tag along with us this year (looks very positive). For the 2013 run I'm actually going to have a co-pilot with me (My 13 year old daughter) might help to keep me a little more in line and out of trouble (Muddy). She has wanted to do this last year so we'll give it a shot and see what happens.
Why Tod, I thought you did real good last year, except that one incident when you and Thomas were trying to break into my hotel room. And I'm the one that had to take the rap for the "alleged" missing pillows!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM
Tod M Elliott
Burning Brakes

Why Tod, I thought you did real good last year, except that one incident when you and Thomas were trying to break into my hotel room. And I'm the one that had to take the rap for the "alleged" missing pillows!
Might wanna talk to Rhee about that....she was the master mind behind that plan.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Ahhhh, no Snaps for Mr. Catfish? I'd lend ya my Sitter....but, she likes Snaps too...LOL
Might wanna talk to Rhee about that....she was the master mind behind that plan.
Sooo, the truth comes out....Rhee is the B&E'er!! Muddy
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Tod M Elliott
Burning Brakes

Ahhhh, no Snaps for Mr. Catfish? I'd lend ya my Sitter....but, she likes Snaps too...LOL

Sooo, the truth comes out....Rhee is the B&E'er!! Muddy
The way I remember it was.......Thomas picked the lock (the breaker) and Rhee did the recon (the enterer)......I was merely an innocent by stander.

Get notified of new replies

To CALIFORNIA STINGRAYS 2013 Cruise

Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

The way I remember it was.......Thomas picked the lock (the breaker) and Rhee did the recon (the enterer)......I was merely an innocent by stander.
Ummm...guity by association <~~~~ = Conspiracy! -->10/life. Guard yells through peep hole, now lay down and lick your nutz!! Muddy
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 AM
blueray72
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ummm...guity by association <~~~~ = Conspiracy! -->10/life. Guard yells through peep hole, now lay down and lick your nutz!! Muddy
I'm glad she's not on here.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM
imariver
Drifting

I'll be at Donut Derelicts this comming Saturday, ( 02-16-13 ) Huntington Beach, corner (NE) of Adam's and Magnolia.

Quick Reply: CALIFORNIA STINGRAYS 2013 Cruise