Southern California Southern California

Monterey Historics Road Warning

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Skyguy^^
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Monterey Historics Road Warning

For anyone planning to visit the Monterey Area please be advised that Highway 1 north of Monterey is being resurfaced. I just drove on a section of Hwy 1 (with a rental car) last night from Hwy 156 into Monterey. They were putting down a fresh layer of asphalt. So unless you don't mind "undercoating" your car, I suggest that anyone comming in from the north avoid this area. I don't know how far to the north they are resurfacing but I wouldn't use Hwy 1 southbound, beyond Watsonville. Comming down 101 should be OK until hwy 68 at Salinas. 68 goes past Laguna Seca into Hwy 1 in Monterey. See ya this weekend.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:52 PM
CALVette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by Skyguy^^
For anyone planning to visit the Monterey Area please be advised that Highway 1 north of Monterey is being resurfaced. I just drove on a section of Hwy 1 (with a rental car) last night from Hwy 156 into Monterey. They were putting down a fresh layer of asphalt. So unless you don't mind "undercoating" your car, I suggest that anyone comming in from the north avoid this area. I don't know how far to the north they are resurfacing but I wouldn't use Hwy 1 southbound, beyond Watsonville. Comming down 101 should be OK until hwy 68 at Salinas. 68 goes past Laguna Seca into Hwy 1 in Monterey. See ya this weekend.
I think they did the center lane a couple of days ago, I'd stay out of the
slow lane for sure. You can also get off in Marina and get back on in Seaside. I just went out and checked my truck which I drove down/up
yesterday and its clean, no oil, asphalt, or sealer in the wheel wells.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Skyguy^^
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CALVette
I think they did the center lane a couple of days ago, I'd stay out of the
slow lane for sure. You can also get off in Marina and get back on in Seaside. I just went out and checked my truck which I drove down/up
yesterday and its clean, no oil, asphalt, or sealer in the wheel wells.
It's the section north of Marina that was being done Wednesday nite, both lanes.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:33 AM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

With the amount of traffic that road gets I'm not going to worry about it, that is unless they put more down today. The Ferrari's and the Lambo's should have the road packed down before the Corvette's ever get there.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:12 AM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Hwy 156 into Monterey was no problem today or tonight, I do however like coming in on 68 so that I can make right turn into Laguna Seca.

Get notified of new replies

To Monterey Historics Road Warning

Quick Reply: Monterey Historics Road Warning