Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Here

I am here
Old 11-14-2009, 10:13 AM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Another two cents worth

Tuffluv, keep in mind when you are looking that the NPP exhaust option is very nice, I wish I had gone with it. Sometimes you just want more, sound out of the car and NPP gives you that option. Good luck in the search.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:11 PM
c6toy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in as well

Danny can't wait to see the new Beast

Now we are gonna need to come up with a new name for it though
Old 11-14-2009, 01:57 PM
C4fan
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '10

Originally Posted by okie76vette
Tuffluv, keep in mind when you are looking that the NPP exhaust option is very nice, I wish I had gone with it. Sometimes you just want more, sound out of the car and NPP gives you that option. Good luck in the search.

Thanks, my head is starting to spin already. Getting what you want AND staying within your budget is a little tough sometimes. I'll keep an eye out for the NPP option. When was is offered. Also, what changes were made between 07 and 08? Is it worth the extra cash?
Old 11-14-2009, 02:25 PM
beav626
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffLUV
Thanks, my head is starting to spin already. Getting what you want AND staying within your budget is a little tough sometimes. I'll keep an eye out for the NPP option. When was is offered. Also, what changes were made between 07 and 08? Is it worth the extra cash?
Npp was offered in zo6 vettes and 08+ vettes.
08 began the LS3 which is worth every penny. Not to mention various interior upgrades and steering upgrades, and a new key fob design.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:02 PM
89Corvette6spdFX3
Safety Car

Checking in... man I was having withdrawls!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by c6toy
Im in as well

Blue *****?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:53 PM
XSPOWER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Silverbullet00
Blue *****?
How about BLUEJOB
Old 11-14-2009, 03:57 PM
XSPOWER
Melting Slicks

Or BLUEME
Old 11-14-2009, 06:20 PM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Hey are we still on for the track tomorrow? I see rain on the horizon. I wanna go so maybe you south siders can post up the weather down there in the morning so I know if its gonna be better down there.

Lets race!!
Old 11-14-2009, 06:23 PM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Originally Posted by XSPOWER
How about BLUEJOB
Or BLUEME

maybe bluedvl or sonicblue or bluebies.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Corvette Don
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by c6 batmobile
Hey are we still on for the track tomorrow? I see rain on the horizon. I wanna go so maybe you south siders can post up the weather down there in the morning so I know if its gonna be better down there.

Lets race!!
70% chance tomorrow
Old 11-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Itallian33
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c6toy
Im in as well

keeping with the snowflake theme i have been calling it RainDrop

I think it has the correct lively theme...
Old 11-14-2009, 07:20 PM
beav626
Le Mans Master

Or BLUEME
I like it
Old 11-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Godholio
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

A few days ago I finally got finished with the Focus suspension work. Ended up with new struts/shocks and springs all around. I also have a rear swaybar now, but I can't install it as the sedan didn't come with brackets...they can be added, so I'm gonna hold onto it for a while. The final hangup that made it sit for almost a week was that I loosened the 3 upper strut mount nuts so they were only on by a few threads. I just wanted them to hold it upright while I messed around with stuff at the bottom. Well, two of them popped off and fell into the engine bay...but never hit the floor. I could not find them to save my life. So I had to order replacements from the dealership. But first I had to come up with a way to do so without walking up to the counter and saying, "Yes, I'd like to order two nuts, please!" I figured it out, placed my order, and planned on picking them up the next day. Sure enough the next day I got a call:

"Hi, this is so-and-so from Joe Cooper. We have your...uh...nuts here."

After all that, I rotated the tires, which was a waste because they were all shot anyway. Worn to the nubs. So I called around looking for the same tires, Fuzion HRIs...not a great tire, but for the price they're awesome ($69 on tirerack). Hibdon said they could have them in about an hour, at only $57. SOLD! So I get there and wait while they start their work. Half an hour later, Patrick (the guy I talked to on the phone) comes over and says we need to "regroup." Uh oh. He shows me a printout of the order for the tires, which shows the correct size...but for some reason the warehouse screwed up and sent a different size. So he gives me a choice: I can come back Monday and get the Fuzions at a discount, or I can take what he has in stock right now...Falken Ziex 912s, which retail at $106 apiece...but they're mine for the price of the Fuzions. AWESOME. These are fantastic tires, they're very popular in the sport compact and autocross communities, and the road manners are stellar. They handle great, and there's almost no road noise...even my little 4-banger drowns it out at cruising speed. Between the tires and the SVT suspension, it's a whole new car. Body roll is basically gone, little bumps in the road are gone, and big bumps dont rattle my teeth anymore. You could say there's a noticable difference between the current setup and the 112k mile original stuff I replaced. It's been a while since this car was fun to drive, it's nice to have it back.

So yeah...Hibdon hooked me up, to the tune of $195 off the total price. WOW.

Last edited by Godholio; 11-14-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To NCCO-Non Club Club of Oklahoma #40

Old 11-14-2009, 08:46 PM
GS039
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

This little black bomb looks like a decent deal maybe?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1465715755.html

Originally Posted by beav626
Npp was offered in zo6 vettes and 08+ vettes.
08 began the LS3 which is worth every penny. Not to mention various interior upgrades and steering upgrades, and a new key fob design.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Godholio
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Anybody know a white C6 convertible with a black stripe up the middle? Saw it in Moore today.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:09 PM
joseph_shelly
Burning Brakes

So yesterday being Friday the 13th which should had been my first thought of just staying in bed and not going any where. First we go out to do our weekly errands not to bad so far our credit union changed their routing number on the checks causing a hell of a mess we get that straightened out. So its about lunch time I invite Justin to grab some lunch with us and we go to Chilis. Order some chips and caso and I knock over the salsa and it hits the floor breaks dish and it makes a huge mess. I am now smelling like a salsa dish.
Shellys burger has a long *** hair in it so manager feels bad for me and gives us lunch for free

So we go to walmart pick up some toys for the toys for tots dinner, then off to the house for a bit I decide I will work on this new door i installed and start getting fustrated and swing my hammer miss what I am trying to hit and knock a hole in the wall. Ok thats it I am done I am not doing anything else today, but I needed some smokes so I will run to 7/11 and then stay home rest of the night.

I decided take the vette it will help relax you and I open the door sit down in the seat and a loud snap and I fall about 2 inches what the f**k was that I get out and the track on the seat broke. All I have to say its a good thing I love that car at this point in my day. If it would have been our tahoe I would have beatin that thing with a 15 pound sledge it would had looked worse then the sledgestang from our ncco show.

Closed the door to the car got in the truck got my smokes and said F it and went to bed. My blood pressure must have been at stroke levels last night.

Just thought I would share my friday the 13th

Quick Reply: NCCO-Non Club Club of Oklahoma #40