Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

OKC Corvette Meet & wrench day at The Shade Tree Garage

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
gsxtasee
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FRISKY
I made a special 50-mile trip to your shop today to bring you a couple sets of jacking pucks to use for the Corvette Day you have scheduled this coming weekend. We could have tested to see what it would take to get our really low cars on your lifts. Maybe some 2"x12" wood pads for the tires to drive up on so the lift arms could be swung under the frame rails?

But you weren't there.

I saw the sign on the front door, but didn't have a phone. I tried to stay around for a while, but the yard guys were mowing and seemed to be making a special effort to blow crap all over my car. I moved the car four times before I gave up and drove home.
wow, I am sorry that happened but I have no idea where I would have been for THAT long during the.. what time were you there? My hours are 11a-11p and I put up the sign anytime I leave so if someone comes they have my mobile number and I can be certain to get over there since I only live 2 blocks away.. if you were there before 11am then I was possibly at home but I have been running around a LOT this week in the mornings trying to get new fleet accounts and this is likely the reason I was late.. I do pretty much assume everyone has a cell phone these days and so I am pretty quick to throw up the sign and take care of business when I have no customers.. which happens all too frequently.. the no customers part- I mean

I sincerely appreciate your effort and I apologize for how things unfolded but perhaps calling before such a long trip could help me make certain to be there to meet you in the future. Please feel free to call myu cell at 310-seven 6 seven-6659 and I will make myself available to you, even during hours I am not usually open.

Jason
Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 PM
gsxtasee
Intermediate

look forward to seeing you guys this weekend! I checked out a Vette the other day and there are lift points under the car where I can get them with the pads on my lifts.. I don't see why you would need any adapters..
Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 AM
kennya35
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ANy chance of doing this again in the future? I will make a trip from McAlester just to come and hang out! May even have a job or two that needs done! I would come this weekend, but I am in the sand and not scheduled to return until the 17th of July.

Awesome idea though!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:28 PM
gsxtasee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kennya35
ANy chance of doing this again in the future? I will make a trip from McAlester just to come and hang out! May even have a job or two that needs done! I would come this weekend, but I am in the sand and not scheduled to return until the 17th of July.

Awesome idea though!!!!!
sorry it took so long to get back on here fellas but I appreciate all of you guys coming out on such a hot day and I am truly sorry I was not nearly as attentive as I should have been I ended up being sick for 3-4 days after that heat got to me. I was really happy you guys came though and am working to get some pucks for shop use to help out members who do not have them.

As for using the shop for stuff, you are all more than welcome to come by the shop anytime and use it; that's what it is for
Old 07-03-2010, 05:54 PM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by gsxtasee
am working to get some pucks for shop use to help out members who do not have them.
I have several sets of Oklahoma, U.S.A. made aluminum jacking pucks in stock. They are adjustable and will fit all makes and models. $79.95-set of four.

Quick Reply: OKC Corvette Meet & wrench day at The Shade Tree Garage