Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 12:42 PM
shreded1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's badass!!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My wheel has finally showed up at the UPS facility in McKinney. Should be delivered to me sometime today, hopefully before Discount Tire closes I haven't driven my car now in 3 weeks Ready to put some miles on the road again You about ready to get out and play my friend Shreded1

Dirty Harry "Lee" -Torch Red 03 Supercharged
North Dallas Corvette Club / [Founding Member]
http://ndcctx.com/
Old 12-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Depending on what's going on with my car situation on Sunday, not to mention the thunderstorms expected, I'm going to try and make it up to the GTG in my new-to-me DD. The new owner of my C5 is going to try to pick it up Saturday morning, and if so I'll be able to get my new car the same day, otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday to pick it up. If not this week then definitely next week.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:43 PM
shreded1
Racer

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
My wheel has finally showed up at the UPS facility in McKinney. Should be delivered to me sometime today, hopefully before Discount Tire closes I haven't driven my car now in 3 weeks Ready to put some miles on the road again You about ready to get out and play my friend Shreded1

I'm more then ready!!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by shreded1
I'm more then ready!!!!

I know you are

I'm still waiting for my wheel to show up,,UPS probably stuck it at the back of the truck to deliver last today
Old 12-12-2014, 04:41 PM
shreded1
Racer

I know you are

I'm still waiting for my wheel to show up,,UPS probably stuck it at the back of the truck to deliver last today
Whenever I'm waiting for something, it's a 7pm delivery.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Found my new car today; it's a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE, which is a special order version of this particular car that is also turbocharged, and I got it for a steal. I don't think the dealership realized what they had or they'd have been asking a lot more than what I paid for it. It's going to need some work and a lot of cleaning, and even though it's not a Vette, it's still got a lot of scoot to it with the turbocharged V6 and the six speed manual. I was actually impressed with its acceleration when I took it out for the test drive. I'll be driving it to the GTG this weekend weather permitting and will be picking it up from the dealer tomorrow.

Lee, do you know if 21st does any work on the tuner cars? I'm pretty sure this car could benefit greatly from a tune.

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 12-13-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:11 AM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Found my new car today; it's a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE, which is the special order turbocharged version of this particular car, and I got it for a steal. I don't think the dealership realized what they had or they'd have been asking a lot more than what I paid for it. It's going to need some work and a lot of cleaning, and even though it's not a Vette, it's still got a lot of scoot to it with the turbocharged V6 and the six speed manual. I was actually impressed with its acceleration when I took it out for the test drive. I'll be driving it to the GTG this weekend weather permitting and will be picking it up from the dealer tomorrow.

Lee, do you know if 21st does any work on the tuner cars? I'm pretty sure this car could benefit greatly from a tune.

So the vette got picked up?

I'm sad you needed to sale, but glad it didn't take too long.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:55 AM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Found my new car today; it's a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE, which is the special order turbocharged version of this particular car, and I got it for a steal. I don't think the dealership realized what they had or they'd have been asking a lot more than what I paid for it. It's going to need some work and a lot of cleaning, and even though it's not a Vette, it's still got a lot of scoot to it with the turbocharged V6 and the six speed manual. I was actually impressed with its acceleration when I took it out for the test drive. I'll be driving it to the GTG this weekend weather permitting and will be picking it up from the dealer tomorrow.

Thats an aftermarket Turbo Ed... Hyundai never made a turbo version of that motor.. Previous owner probably had it installed.. I looked at these cars for a dailey driver.. Wound up buying The Mazdaspeed 3 Turbo.. Cobb Tuning in Plano does all the work for all Foreign and American turbocharged cars.. They have been around for awhile and have a great reputation. I've never heard of a Turbo kit for the Tiburon.. Call Mike or Gary at Cobb.. I'd at least have them look at it to make sure, whoever installed the kit, knew what they were doing, and your tune is correct.. Internals of that motor are not intended for Forced induction.. I'd definately follow up, just to be safe.. Here is the link http://www.cobbtuning.com/Cobb-Tuning-Plano-s/70465.htm

Last edited by David426; 12-13-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:17 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Whenever I'm waiting for something, it's a 7pm delivery.
Well it showed up around 5:20, not giving me time to get up to Discount and back before we had to leave for a show we were going to . So I will be going to Crest Cadillac in the morn at 8 for a recall fix and then over to Discount Tire to mount the tire on the wheel. The wheel didn't come back to me polished so I will have to try and get that done later.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:18 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Cool Ed,
That will be a fun little DD until you get another Vette

Old 12-13-2014, 01:28 AM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Well it showed up around 5:20, not giving me time to get up to Discount and back before we had to leave for a show we were going to . So I will be going to Crest Cadillac in the morn at 8 for a recall fix and then over to Discount Tire to mount the tire on the wheel. The wheel didn't come back to me polished so I will have to try and get that done later.

Glad you got your wheel Back Lee! At least you can get the beast back out on the road!
Old 12-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by oyealiz
So the vette got picked up?

I'm sad you needed to sale, but glad it didn't take too long.
Yeah, the new owner was anxious to pick it up and he had a wedding to go to today so he and his wife showed up last night and drive her away. Definitely not a good night for me, but a great one for him.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by David426
Thats an aftermarket Turbo Ed... Hyundai never made a turbo version of that motor.. Previous owner probably had it installed.. I looked at these cars for a dailey driver.. Wound up buying The Mazdaspeed 3 Turbo.. Cobb Tuning in Plano does all the work for all Foreign and American turbocharged cars.. They have been around for awhile and have a great reputation. I've never heard of a Turbo kit for the Tiburon.. Call Mike or Gary at Cobb.. I'd at least have them look at it to make sure, whoever installed the kit, knew what they were doing, and your tune is correct.. Internals of that motor are not intended for Forced induction.. I'd definately follow up, just to be safe.. Here is the link http://www.cobbtuning.com/Cobb-Tuning-Plano-s/70465.htm
My mistake David. Made a typo after having had a few beers to ease the pain of watching my baby drive away. Made a change so it will read correctly. The SE version with the red leather interior that I have was the special order. This particular car just happens to also have a turbo, and from what I saw without taking the engine cover off, they did a pretty good job with the install, at least interior-wise, because it still looks stock even with the added gauge set on the dash.

Thanks for the info on Cobb. I'll give them a call next week and see if they can do a quick look for me and give me some quotes on checking the tune, etc. I know that adding a turbo to the V6 required quite a bit of parts exchanging from stock to those that could handle the added stress, and that it's not a cheap modification in any way.

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 12-13-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Glad to hear you finally got that wheel back and that it's finally fixed. I know you're anxious to get out there and put it to the test.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Diavel
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your job CorvetteEd. I was hoping you would have the same luck I did landing a job here in DFW.

Is the club meeting Sunday? My Vette still isn't in town yet. I will have to show up in the Jeep. It will be nice to meet the crew though.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:15 AM
shreded1
Racer

Originally Posted by Diavel
Sorry to hear about your job CorvetteEd. I was hoping you would have the same luck I did landing a job here in DFW.

Is the club meeting Sunday? My Vette still isn't in town yet. I will have to show up in the Jeep. It will be nice to meet the crew though.
It is every Sunday at 6 rain or shine. Many will come in their DD if it's raining but, I bought a version that doesn't melt. It's actually my DD so, I have no choice. Come out and meet the group tomorrow.

Get notified of new replies

To Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:35 AM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Ed, the Tiburon sounds like a nice daily:thimbs: Did you ever think about buying an LT1 C4? I know most of you guys don't like them, but they are pretty fun.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Diavel
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is every Sunday at 6 rain or shine. Many will come in their DD if it's raining but, I bought a version that doesn't melt. It's actually my DD so, I have no choice. Come out and meet the group tomorrow.
Sounds good, I will be there. I wanted to keep my Jeep in case I needed the room to haul things. I haven't driven my Vette in 2 months. I'm moving from Indiana and snow and bad weather prevented me from doing so. So it's sitting in the garage back in Indiana attached to a battery tender. The car mover picks it up on the 18th or 19th. Depending on how long it takes them to deliver it I should have it by years end I think. I miss it and my other 4 toys (I have 4 motorcycles). This Dallas winter weather rocks. As a native of the area I've missed it!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Glad to hear you finally got that wheel back and that it's finally fixed. I know you're anxious to get out there and put it to the test.
YEp, it's back , mounted and on the car! Will be cruising today. The only issue I had was the barrell wasn't bare aluminum like the old one so I guess I will have to take it to Wheel Specialties in Carrollton and get the paint or powder coat or what ever is on it off so I can put that mirror shine on it again

Originally Posted by Diavel

Yep , Club almost always Sunday at 6pm. If for some reason we aren't making it Either myself or Vann will post up here and on facebook that it is cancelled.

about Ed, hopefully something good will pop up soon for him

DD's are always welcome when the Vette is down or missing in action or the weather isn't cooperating

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
Ed, the Tiburon sounds like a nice daily:thimbs: Did you ever think about buying an LT1 C4? I know most of you guys don't like them, but they are pretty fun.
If I could find a C4 ZR1 cheap I might use that for the rainy day car instead of my Cadillac Pimp mobile

Quick Reply: Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.