Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

New C6 owner asks special favor of Oro Valley/Tucson AZ member who might help

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 12:14 PM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New C6 owner asks special favor of Oro Valley/Tucson AZ member who might help

Friends, I have a special favor to ask of any C6 owner in the Oro Valley, AZ or greater Tucson, AZ area who might be willing to help out a new forum member and First time Corvette owner (as of last weekend!) who currently lives in Madison, WI. Long story short: we are actively looking for a retirement home in Oro Valley/Tucson and visited an open house there that we might make an offer on, but only if we are comfortable our very recently acquired 2009 C6 base coupe with F55 magnetic ride suspension (in case that bears on ride height or approach angles) can safely go up and down the driveway which has a fair incline where it joins the street. We have had little more than an hournof driving time in our C6 since buying it from the original owner and most of that was on rolling back country roads, so I just don't have a sense from personal experience as to whether our car will go up and down the driveway of the Oro Valley home without issues. I would be immensely grateful to any C6 owner who might reside in OV or Tucson if you would consider driving by this for-sale home and let me know if the driveway angle is easily navigated in a stock C6 without risk to the bits of the car that may be challenged by an upward sloping driveway. If you can help with this unusual request and would like the address of the property, please send me an email at: Lcagan@yahoo.com or send me a message through the forum platform. Thanks for your interest. --Leigh
Old 03-29-2016, 03:00 PM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,033 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by Ldc1955
Friends, I have a special favor to ask of any C6 owner in the Oro Valley, AZ or greater Tucson, AZ area who might be willing to help out a new forum member and First time Corvette owner (as of last weekend!) who currently lives in Madison, WI. Long story short: we are actively looking for a retirement home in Oro Valley/Tucson and visited an open house there that we might make an offer on, but only if we are comfortable our very recently acquired 2009 C6 base coupe with F55 magnetic ride suspension (in case that bears on ride height or approach angles) can safely go up and down the driveway which has a fair incline where it joins the street. We have had little more than an hournof driving time in our C6 since buying it from the original owner and most of that was on rolling back country roads, so I just don't have a sense from personal experience as to whether our car will go up and down the driveway of the Oro Valley home without issues. I would be immensely grateful to any C6 owner who might reside in OV or Tucson if you would consider driving by this for-sale home and let me know if the driveway angle is easily navigated in a stock C6 without risk to the bits of the car that may be challenged by an upward sloping driveway. If you can help with this unusual request and would like the address of the property, please send me an email at: Lcagan@yahoo.com or send me a message through the forum platform. Thanks for your interest. --Leigh
Leigh - Tried to send a second PM but it isn't going through. Here's the followup message.
Leigh - Just occurred to me that since not all Southwest members actually look in the Forum for Regional Events, you might actually do a search of members here on the Corvette Forum to find who lives in the area you're considering. I just plugged in Oro Valley Arizona and came up with '7'. If you haven't done a member search before, go the dark red bar up above look for 'Other'. Click on it and the dropdown menu will contain Member List. Do an Advance Search using Oro Valley or Tucson or whatever fits and you'll find the local members.
Mike T - Prescott AZ
Old 03-29-2016, 06:07 PM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Mike, thanks for these further suggestions which I have noted for the future. We were drafting an offer today when we learned from selling agent that sellers had accepted another offer that came in earlier today. --Leigh
Old 03-30-2016, 07:42 PM
LMBZ4ME
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post a picture from Google Maps street view. I am sure by seeing a picture the experts on this forum could tell.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Ldc1955
Intermediate

Another great suggestion that I will most definitely follow is this question comes up on whatever place we end up in. Thanks much. --Leigh
Old 04-01-2016, 01:30 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,672 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

Check out the ACE (Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts) forum. There's a few people on there from that area.

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/
Old 12-26-2019, 09:43 PM
BabyBlueVert
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Or, telephone the nearest Corvette Club’s elected staff and tell them you’re transferring and interested in becoming a member.

Tell them your membership is contingent on your new home’s driveway height/Corvette’s front end clearance and need the answer quickly. I’d bet you’ll get a call back in 24 hours with the answer.

If the clearance is close, hard plastic skid-plate protective covers are available. They can be screwed or glued into place. There’s other types - small wheels, metal covers, yet, many forum threads incl. a forum vote thread favored the hard plastic style:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...tecting-fangs/

Get notified of new replies

To New C6 owner asks special favor of Oro Valley/Tucson AZ member who might help

Quick Reply: New C6 owner asks special favor of Oro Valley/Tucson AZ member who might help