Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

What are the exempt smog laws

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 06:02 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

My in laws in are in the middle of no where Montana, and still deal with that.

Well my one doesn't, but she has to deal with grizzly bears and moose attacking. Almost rather have the tweakers.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:04 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

I expect Florence is a nice town, but remember there are 5 prisons there and (this may be a gross over-generalization) people living in a prison town either have family that work there or have people who are in there and often, they can be 'in the life'. You may want to consider Maricopa or Queen Creek or Gilbert - - all reasonably priced, all generally safe and close to city events- but far enough away to feel rural.

Good luck-

Last edited by CQRT; 07-22-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:42 PM
'Shifter
Thoroughly chapped
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 409 Likes on 327 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

Just north of there is Gold Canyon and Apache Junction....good jump-off points to Mesa/Tempe/Scottsdale, as well as a little less than halfway to Tucson to the south.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:46 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

If I was moving to Az, the last two areas I'd retire in would be the Phoenix or Tucson areas. They do require emissions testing there. The rest of the state does not have any emissions for any year car.

Many retirees (police and fire) are in Lake Havasu City along the colorado river. We are a huge car town and "they" say whomever "they" are that Havasu has more classics per capita than anywhere in the country. While I don't know about that I can tell you we have more car stuff going on then meets the eye. I am the cars and coffee coordinator here in town and we welcome new and old cars. Otherwise its all older cars, classics, big boats, toys and more toys. Monster garages here too for all your stuff!

Quick Reply: What are the exempt smog laws