Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok here is what I think:

Old 02-15-2018, 09:55 AM
Tommy R
Advanced

Originally Posted by sgtsteve
I would have to agree. I would be down with adding them to next season too.
Ditto!
Old 02-15-2018, 10:06 AM
WNCmotard
Racer

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
randy was even able to hop right in my tune and drive without issue. even set fast lap between the 3 of us.
Yep, and this says a lot IMO, as both Cory and Steve are usually faster than I am. I've said it many times, but I'll say it again, good pedals are a game changer.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:08 AM
TLS
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'11, '14

great data! that really helps.
its funny i used to hate the C6R solely because of brake lockup. i would spend hours tuning just to minimize brake lockup. now after 1.5 seasons of GTE no-ABS driving i can drive and brake the C6R without any issue. its amazing what time and practice can do.
now that being said, yes my new issue was tire spin on exit. even at max 5 TCS is no where near enough for that car. (aston being the newer car/iRacing modeling may be lots better)
however i found softer psi, flater camber (I and M identical) and loosening up the diff. it became a near non issue.
even for several of us Silver drivers. randy was even able to hop right in my tune and drive without issue. even set fast lap between the 3 of us.
I only ran a few laps, and my tune probably sucked, but the higher I turned up the TC the worse it felt. It would start to spin and slide, then TC would kick in hard and a lot of times the back would just keep going around. I ended up turning it way down, at least then I knew what it was going to do. I did not enjoy the car at all.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:19 AM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Received 378 Likes on 265 Posts

ok with FR2 and S17 approaching here is my thoughts

so far we seem to have about twice as many people wanting GT1 added to the mix, than people wanting to keep it as is.

Here is what i would like to propose

GT1 VS GTE at Spa for FR2

GT1 VS GT3 for S17 (Mirroring IMSA or Blancpain Series?)

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 02-15-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:48 AM
wvmgnut
Burning Brakes

ok with FR2 and S17 approaching here is my thoughts

so far we seem to have about twice as many people wanting GT1 added to the mix, than people wanting to keep it as is.

Here is what i would like to propose

GT1 VS GTE at Spa for FR2

GT1 VS GT3 for S17 (Mirroring IMSA or Blancpain Series?)
I don't think GT1 is in either of those series. They are GTE and GT3 series. That being the case the mirroring of the series would not work due to the unavailability of a setuo for the GT1 cars for the arrive and drive guys. Conversely if you mirror a series with GT1 in it, there is no setup available for the GT3 drivers.

I know you are dying to run the Corvette, but in the current official series I don't believe there are any that run the GT1/GTE or GT1/GT3 setups. Doing a DP/GT anything wouldn't work either as there is to much time difference between the classes to make our current points setup feasable. That was why the current GTE/GT3 races worked with our points.

Case in point last season. I only won the championship because of the podium at COTA. The gold class had a lack of participation when we were in the GTE cars forba coupke races (3 drivers) that without that ppdium would have made a shot at the overall championship impossible.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:03 PM
michel944
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by michel944

with S16 almost over here is my vote

GT1 vs GTE for the fun run at Spa

GT1 vs GT3 for S17

100%
This...
Old 02-15-2018, 12:18 PM
TLS
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wvmgnut
I don't think GT1 is in either of those series. They are GTE and GT3 series. That being the case the mirroring of the series would not work due to the unavailability of a setuo for the GT1 cars for the arrive and drive guys. Conversely if you mirror a series with GT1 in it, there is no setup available for the GT3 drivers.

I know you are dying to run the Corvette, but in the current official series I don't believe there are any that run the GT1/GTE or GT1/GT3 setups. Doing a DP/GT anything wouldn't work either as there is to much time difference between the classes to make our current points setup feasable. That was why the current GTE/GT3 races worked with our points.

Case in point last season. I only won the championship because of the podium at COTA. The gold class had a lack of participation when we were in the GTE cars forba coupke races (3 drivers) that without that ppdium would have made a shot at the overall championship impossible.
As much as I thought I would like driving the C6R again, it sucked. I think a lot of the guys would skip the part of the season they have to run that car. I would be tempted to either skip it or just run GT3 all season. I'm all for running any combination in Fun Runs, and we don't have to wait until the end of the season. A Fun Run can be set up anytime, just post up in the thread / iRacing communication, you are setting it up.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Tormania
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I wouldn't mind giving the GT1s a go again, something different at least. I struggle in most anything without ABS but I can't only run GT3s and MX-5s for all of my iRacing career.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:27 PM
TLS
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tormania
I wouldn't mind giving the GT1s a go again, something different at least. I struggle in most anything without ABS but I can't only run GT3s and MX-5s for all of my iRacing career.
Have you tried them recently? I thought it would be fun, but when I actually ran it, it sucked.

Is the C6R faster or slower than the GTE in a good driver's hands?

Last edited by TLS; 02-15-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A change would be good drivers are better and if I recall correctly a few changes have been made to both GT1 cars for better or worse worth ago.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:14 PM
michel944
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TLS
Have you tried them recently? I thought it would be fun, but when I actually ran it, it sucked.

Is the C6R faster or slower than the GTE in a good driver's hands?
I'll compare the Aston and the Ford GT at Spa sometime this evening, not that I'm a good driver though......
Old 02-15-2018, 02:26 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

a few notes to point out:

1. we are talking about adding GT1, not just the vette. the Aston is 10 times easier to drive than the vette. it also the newer car/modeling from iRacing which probly has alot to do with it. the aston drives very close to a GTE car, with slower turn in. also the Aston has alot more options for TC than the Vette does.

2. OG the GT3 and GTE suck on stock tune too. the right tune was a world of difference in our vette test. i will share it with everyone.

3. currently voted:
In Favor of adding GT1 to S17
Stang Killa
Michel
SgtSteve
WNCmotard
Tommy R
Tormania
Cloaked

against GT1
OG
Wingnut

4. also i say the winner of S16 should get final say or a double vote as a prize
Old 02-15-2018, 02:39 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Originally Posted by michel944
I'll compare the Aston and the Ford GT at Spa sometime this evening, not that I'm a good driver though......
I would be very interested in your findings!

also i would suggest an A-B-A test
ie whatever car you start testing with(A), test then other car(B), then go back an finish up a few laps with the first car again(A).
ie to eliminate faster times in the B car due to more track time.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:52 PM
TLS
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

a few notes to point out:

1. we are talking about adding GT1, not just the vette. the Aston is 10 times easier to drive than the vette. it also the newer car/modeling from iRacing which probly has alot to do with it. the aston drives very close to a GTE car, with slower turn in. also the Aston has alot more options for TC than the Vette does.

2. OG the GT3 and GTE suck on stock tune too. the right tune was a world of difference in our vette test. i will share it with everyone.

3. currently voted:
In Favor of adding GT1 to S17
Stang Killa
Michel
SgtSteve
WNCmotard
Tommy R
Tormania
Cloaked

against GT1
OG
Wingnut

4. also i say the winner of S16 should get final say or a double vote as a prize
1) If we add both GT1 cars, we really limit the GT3 choices.

2) I ran a tune from Setup Sync I found for the Vette, but it might not have been very good.

3 & 4) How many of those people are committed to running the whole season?
Only one vote really counts.

Last edited by TLS; 02-15-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:15 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

LOL gotta love this bunch!

1. how many cars can you have for a race?
we had 2 GTE cars. so however many GT3 cars we had left would be the same as S15 and S16

2. i got one from there too. yeah it wasnt good at all. turned like a tank, and lit up the rear tires like they were 225 wide winter tires.

3. OG for pres!
Old 02-15-2018, 03:20 PM
wvmgnut
Burning Brakes

Ok plain and simple the GT1 cars suck to drive. They used to be decent. IRacing in their infinite stupidity decided to change them in the 2017 S2 update and completely fucked them up. I ran both the things in Autobahn last season because they were decent before the update. After that I couldn't wait to get out of the car. Ran both of them during the season. They were so bad that any time my one teammate wasn't at a race I ran the GT3 car, points be damned. The car would feel fine for practice with the race set in it. Come race time 5 or 6 laps in it went completely to ****. Completely fine in any practice session I ran no matter the weather. Felt nice and stable. Come actual race it was almost undriveable well before the halfway point. They have not done an update to the car since 2017 S2.

Get notified of new replies

To iRCFS Fun Run 2/ Season 17 discussion

Old 02-15-2018, 04:15 PM
michel944
Safety Car

In the 2013 S2 and 2013 S3 William won GT1 in the overall seasons standings in the defunct Prototype and GT Challenge ! There was the Corvette in GT1, the Ford GT in GT3 and the HPD....

He completely annihilated the competition in GT1 ( that was before the Aston ) and he told me that since then they broke the Corvette....He's not interested in it anymore, that from a guy who was twice the best in the world with it !!!
Old 02-15-2018, 11:10 PM
michel944
Safety Car

Test at Spa Endurance - temp default - afternoon

Aston DBR9 GT1 : 2:17.361

Ford GTE : 2:17.617

Vette C6R GT1 : 2:17.147

All cars within a few tenths of their optimal....

Old 02-16-2018, 07:01 AM
TLS
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Based off the testing results so far, I think we can consider adding the C6R for anyone (STANG) who really wants to run it. It will take a little more testing though. If we decide to run GTE / GT1 of the last Fun Run we can see how they stack up.