STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Received 378 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by michel944
Test at Spa Endurance - temp default - afternoon

Aston DBR9 GT1 : 2:17.361

Ford GTE : 2:17.617

Vette C6R GT1 : 2:17.147

All cars within a few tenths of their optimal....

wow thats nuts. SO close
great driving/times.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:32 AM
michel944
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
wow thats nuts. SO close
great driving/times.
That's crazy, 47/100 separating these very different cars on a track this long ! The Corvette needs more sweat than the others though, lap times are less consistent....The Ford is a charm, no wonder OG won Sebring easily with it, this car is so predictable compared to the 488 !!!
Old 02-16-2018, 10:44 AM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TLS
Based off the testing results so far, I think we can consider adding the C6R for anyone (STANG) who really wants to run it. It will take a little more testing though. If we decide to run GTE / GT1 of the last Fun Run we can see how they stack up.
the group has voted (over 3 to 1) and spoken
we want both GT1s for Season 17!

now for the other class we havent decided.
my suggestions is GT1/GTE for upcoming fun run at spa
and GT1/GT3 for Season 17 to keep the gold/silver class gap
Old 02-16-2018, 10:57 AM
TLS
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'11, '14

the group has voted (over 3 to 1) and spoken
we want both GT1s for Season 17!

now for the other class we havent decided.
my suggestions is GT1/GTE for upcoming fun run at spa
and GT1/GT3 for Season 17 to keep the gold/silver class gap
You must have missed post #35.
We haven't had a real poll with everyone involved yet, and if you poll adding the Vette or running just GT1's it may be a different result because honestly the GT1's suck to have to race.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:04 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Old 02-16-2018, 01:01 PM
wvmgnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my suggestion. Since you want to run the Corvette so badly put it in the class with the GTE and run 3 of the GT3 cars for the other class. I can tell you unequivocally I will NOT run a GT1 car. The last update to them was damn near a year ago and they destroyed them with that. IRacing has allowed the class to die. The cars are absolutely no fun to drive at all in their current state.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:23 PM
TLS
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wvmgnut
Here is my suggestion. Since you want to run the Corvette so badly put it in the class with the GTE and run 3 of the GT3 cars for the other class. I can tell you unequivocally I will NOT run a GT1 car. The last update to them was damn near a year ago and they destroyed them with that. IRacing has allowed the class to die. The cars are absolutely no fun to drive at all in their current state.
This is what I was proposing when I said we could add the C6R. And I'm in the camp that will not run a GT1 at all.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:10 PM
michel944
Safety Car

Originally Posted by wvmgnut
I can tell you unequivocally I will NOT run a GT1 car. The last update to them was damn near a year ago and they destroyed them with that. IRacing has allowed the class to die. The cars are absolutely no fun to drive at all in their current state.
Well, I must admit that the Aston drives as easily as the GTE's ! Anybody in this league could drive it without drama ! It's really well balanced with a good set !
Old 02-16-2018, 02:28 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

yeah OG keeps talking about the Vette. were adding GT1s because the aston is so much easier to drive. ie something for everyone. and variety on the grid.
weather you welcome the challenge of the vette. or want a sunday/GTE drive of the aston.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:40 PM
wvmgnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the Aston is just as bad to drive.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:49 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

yes kevin, we already have you down as a "no"

i think your in the minority on that feeling as well
Old 02-16-2018, 06:29 PM
TLS
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

yes kevin, we already have you down as a "no"

i think your in the minority on that feeling as well
I agree with Kevin. Both GT1 cars are 0 fun to drive after a few laps. I can tell you for sure if it is GT1 / GT3 only the participation will be down to a half dozen cars by season end. That is a fact. I don't want to see it that low, so the GTE cars need to be included.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:44 PM
Tormania
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

The real problem is that we are limited to 5 or 6 cars in a season, so that means if we can't include ALL GT1, GTE, and GT3 cars. If we can have 6 cars we could run all GT1 and GTE cars and pick two GT3 cars. As it stands the AMG and 488 seem to be the only GT3 cars anyone has run in recent seasons so we could run those as our options. This way we could group the cars into a GT1/GTE group and a GT3 group. Since the GT1 and GTE are so close in lap times anyway it really would come down to driver for faster times so drivers could pick a car from either group for that half of the season and then run the AMG or 488 as a GT3 in the other half of the season......can almost make everyone happy that way.

That is IF iRacing allows for 6 cars in a session.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:33 AM
michel944
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Tormania
The real problem is that we are limited to 5 or 6 cars in a season, so that means if we can't include ALL GT1, GTE, and GT3 cars. If we can have 6 cars we could run all GT1 and GTE cars and pick two GT3 cars. As it stands the AMG and 488 seem to be the only GT3 cars anyone has run in recent seasons so we could run those as our options. This way we could group the cars into a GT1/GTE group and a GT3 group. Since the GT1 and GTE are so close in lap times anyway it really would come down to driver for faster times so drivers could pick a car from either group for that half of the season and then run the AMG or 488 as a GT3 in the other half of the season......can almost make everyone happy that way.

That is IF iRacing allows for 6 cars in a session.
Exactly what I've been thinking in the last few hours to solve the issue !!! Yes there are 6 cars that we can use so the two GT1's, the two GTE's and the two most popular GT3's ! And yes Mark Wilson they are the AMG and the 488....
Old 02-17-2018, 11:59 AM
Tormania
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by michel944
Exactly what I've been thinking in the last few hours to solve the issue !!! Yes there are 6 cars that we can use so the two GT1's, the two GTE's and the two most popular GT3's ! And yes Mark Wilson they are the AMG and the 488....
Great minds think alike!
Old 02-17-2018, 08:05 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

including the GTEs doesn't solve the needed class gap though. unless they ran with the GT1s.

would prefer GT1 vs GT3 but would be open to the above as well.

another thought I had to help the two guys that cant handle the GT1s is not do dynamic weather this season. set up a fixed weather for optimal grip (whatever that is)
thoughts on that?
Old 02-17-2018, 08:45 PM
Tormania
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

including the GTEs doesn't solve the needed class gap though. unless they ran with the GT1s.
uh.......come on Stang.....didn't you read what I proposed and Michel thought of as well........run the GT1s and GTEs in the same "class" vs the GT3 cars of the AMG and 488. Still two competing "classes", one is GT3 the other is a combo-class of GT1 and GTE. That would ensure the addition of GT1s into the mix BUT doesn't force anyone to use a GT1. If you think the GT1 is truly faster than that provides incentive to run the GT1 rather than a GTE, but they are close enough that comfort in a GTE could tip the balance the other way. I have no problem with that. I'd run Aston/AMG if we go that way just to provide some more variety to the mix.

Get notified of new replies

To iRCFS Fun Run 2/ Season 17 discussion

Old 02-17-2018, 09:22 PM
michel944
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Tormania
uh.......come on Stang.....didn't you read what I proposed and Michel thought of as well........run the GT1s and GTEs in the same "class" vs the GT3 cars of the AMG and 488. Still two competing "classes", one is GT3 the other is a combo-class of GT1 and GTE. That would ensure the addition of GT1s into the mix BUT doesn't force anyone to use a GT1. If you think the GT1 is truly faster than that provides incentive to run the GT1 rather than a GTE, but they are close enough that comfort in a GTE could tip the balance the other way. I have no problem with that. I'd run Aston/AMG if we go that way just to provide some more variety to the mix.
What he said !
Old 02-18-2018, 12:43 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

see sentence 2

despite the near identical GT1vs GTE lap times. i assume the GTE will eventually come out on top threw the course of a season due to there friendliness and responsiveness. but im ok with that
Old 02-18-2018, 01:26 PM
michel944
Safety Car

see sentence 2

despite the near identical GT1vs GTE lap times. i assume the GTE will eventually come out on top threw the course of a season due to there friendliness and responsiveness. but im ok with that
Well, that's called a compromise....

If you don't want to clear the ranks I think this is the only way to go now if you want to run the Vette....There's a little something to satisfy everybody !