Testing Sig Testing | Image Testing | Post Testing

Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 05:41 PM
Sabre34

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 767 Likes on 704 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Test

https://www.washingtontimes.com/

A Maine restaurateur is getting her lobsters high on marijuana before boiling them as a way to give them a “kinder passage” to the plate.

Charlotte Gill, an animal-rights supporter who has owned Charlotte’s Legendary Lobster Pound in Southwest Harbor for seven years, told the Mount Desert Islander newspaper that while she still boils or steams her lobsters alive, customers can request for their lobster to be sedated first.

I feel bad that when lobsters come here there is no exit strategy,” Ms. Gillsaid. “It’s a unique place and you get to do such unique things but at the expense of this little creature. I’ve really been trying to figure out how to make it better.”

“The animal is already going to be killed,” she said. “It is far more humane to make it a kinder passage.”
Next season, Ms. Gill hopes to sedate all of her lobsters before cooking them by using an air mattress pump to infuse marijuana into their tank water.

“For this new process though, in order to alleviate any and all concern about residual effect, as we will be dealing with the chemical compound THC, we will use a different method,” she said. “THC breaks down completely by 392 degrees, therefore we will use both steam as well as a heat process that will expose the meat to 420 degree extended temperature, in order to ensure there is no possibility of carryover effect (even though the likelihood of such would be literally impossible).

*“I’m not selling an edible,” she added.

Ms. Gill, who holds a medical marijuana caregiver license with the state, is using her own product that she grows in order to guarantee its quality, the Islander reported.

“The difference it makes within the meat itself is unbelievable,” she said. “Everything you put into your body is energy.”

Quick Reply: Test