Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:04 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLog
When Preston zeroed out the bill in May, is the $7000 starting from June to current? Maybe there is just a misunderstanding of what happened in the May payment. Because if I was the customer and I zeroed out my bill in May 2010 for whatever amount that was agreed upon to zero out all outstanding claims, and suddenly get $7000 bill today, knowing that labor was set at $1500, then that would be an issue.
Yes exactly, thanks for your comments.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:05 PM
MOTOV8
Advanced

I know the owners at LPM, and I can vouch for them. They've never behaved unethically in ANY matter, and they go the extra mile to make sure every customer is satisfied. They are, and were vette owners and patrons of other shops in the valley before opening their own shop, so they've seen how NOT to do business in this town.

I personally saw the Way Too Fast C6Z at LPM's old shop in Chandler when I had my RPM tranny and nitrous installed by them in '08. It sat in the corner with no motor...forever....LPM then moved to bigger and better digs, and I took my car back in to them for new VBP springs and shocks, and that C6Z was still sitting there. It had become a shop joke.

I hope the OP lawyers up....he'll surely get his *** handed to him.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by MOTOV8
I know the owners at LPM, and I can vouch for them. They've never behaved unethically in ANY matter, and they go the extra mile to make sure every customer is satisfied. They are, and were vette owners and patrons of other shops in the valley before opening their own shop, so they've seen how NOT to do business in this town.

I personally saw the Way Too Fast C6Z at LPM's old shop in Chandler when I had my RPM tranny and nitrous installed by them in '08. It sat in the corner with no motor...forever....LPM then moved to bigger and better digs, and I took my car back in to them for new VBP springs and shocks, and that C6Z was still sitting there. It had become a shop joke.

I hope the OP lawyers up....he'll surely get his *** handed to him.
Everything I have stated is correct, just because they treated you fairly doesn't mean they do everyone.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
7RED
Advanced

Default ???

A year ago LPM put a 315 dif. in my z51, fast, friendly and reasonable.
My kind of shop, and by the way, (the flower pot) was sitting in their shop at that time.

Since this has been brought before the forum, perhaps we should hear the WHOLE story.

Patrick
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Well looks like a lopsided affair here! facts are the facts!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
AZhitman
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm wondering if the OP even knows the definition of the word "extort"? I mean, that's a pretty heavy allegation to be making on a huge online forum.

Here, let me help you with this:

Extort–verb (used with object)
a. to wrest or wring (money, information, etc.) from a person by violence, intimidation, or abuse of authority; obtain by force, torture, threat, or the like.
b. to take illegally by reason of one's office

Per Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law:

Extort - to obtain (as money) from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or unlawful use of authority or power

So, what we've got here isn't "extortion".

It's generally considered poor form to go rushing into battle half-cocked with one shoe on.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by PrestonG
Everything I have stated is correct, just because they treated you fairly doesn't mean they do everyone.
Talk about being fair, add up 2 years storage at $25 (???) a day and ask yourself if your being fair to LPM....
Old 09-29-2010, 12:23 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by Desertdawg
Talk about being fair, add up 2 years storage at $25 (???) a day and ask yourself if your being fair to LPM....
Seriously can no one f*cking read. IT WAS PAID UP TO DATE AS OF MAY 25th 2010. So any charges are only since then.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:26 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Hopefully its alright that I post this here. I just am hoping to help someone else from avoiding my same issues. I am not being slanderous at all, just stating the facts. I invite anyone to comment and let me know what you think I should do. ( well state the facts all of them especially the fact you left the car there for 2 years.)

Last year unforuntately the engine in my 2008 Z06 decided to throw a rod. It was a brand new engine, less then 300 miles on the engine. After getting quotes from several shops, I decided to take my car to Loud Pedal Motorsports in Tempe. I have dealt with other local shops, and had some issues, so I thought it might be good to try someone new out. They gave me a very reasonable quote, so I decide it would be the best place to take my car. I told them up front I would try and locate an engine for them to install in the car. They told me that was fine I could leave it there, and they wouldn't charge me any storage fees, etc. ( Actually 2 years now, gee you had other issues with other shops is that because you are dishonest as shown in this post? Sure they told you no fees they didn't expect to have your car take up permanet residency in their shop)

Some time later, and I finally find a builder willing to build be a great engine for a great price. I told them an engine was being built. During this time I bought a new mustang for the track and decide to bring that car in for some upgrades. They asked that I make the bill current, before they work on the car and I agreed. They even charged me storage fees, which even though they promised they would not, I still paid just to make everyone happy. They again assured me as long as the other shop was still building the engine, they will not charge me ANY MORE storage fees. I re-iterated that I would glady store the car elsewhere if it was a problem, they assured me it was not, so I left the car there.
(Dam very few engine shops in AZ to do LS7 so it took 2 years to locate them all?)
I took the engine builder a little over two months to get the engine built. I made sure Loud Pedal had the engine builders number, and could verify with them they were working on the engine. I was in constant contact with them to let them know the status. They said everything was good on their end, and as soon as they got the engine they would put it in the car. They assured me AGAIN there would be no storage fees involved. (two months to build a motor? That must be one ****ty shop as a typical ls motor with parts can be assembled easily in 2 weeks with machining)

Engine finally arrives on July 21st, 2010. I am very excited for them to get started on the work. They tell me they can have it in the car with in a week. After about a month, I ask whats going on. The tell me it will be done by tommorow. So the next day I ask them, they said it will be done by tommorow. I am told tommorow for over 5 weeks. Finally today 9/28/2010 I couldn't wait any longer, I figured 9 weeks, to put an engine in was too long. I told them I will pay them everything I owe them (which came to $3200, even though my original quote for removing and installing the engine was less then $1500). I had even already paid them more then half the original quote for removing the engine, when I had work done on my mustang. Mike (who runs the shop) then informs me that the owner is making him charge me storage. I asked how could this be possible when he assured me he would not charge me any storage, the previous owner assured me I would not be paid any storage as well. He told me its not up to him, even though he told me that the owner is making him.

(you can't wait 9 weeks for the shop but they had to wait 2 years for you? Don't throw Mark under the buss on this as he is the utmost honest and responsible person and a 20 plus year veteran)

The owner even refused to get on the phone with me and discuss it. He told Mike to tell me to email him. This is after being lied to every day for 5 weeks straight about the car being ready the next day. I know shops sometimes have problems, and I tried to be patient.
(Dave is the most corgal and outgoing guy who would help anyone so what did you do to **** him off? You tried to be patient for 9 weeks they were for 2 years!)

So now I have no idea what I can do. Its either pay around $7000 to get my car back. KEEPING IN MIND I GAVE THEM ALL THE PARTS FOR THE ENGINE. THIS NUMBER IS PURE LABOR. How much do you think an engine should cost to install? ( just pay your bill dude and quit making a joke of your self in the AZ corvette world as your car has been for 2 years!!)

If anyone has any suggestions of what I can do to remedy this, I would love for your input. At this point I am not sure what I can possible do to get this car back. But atleast I hope everyone should know and be warned to watch out with doing business with them. There are plenty of good shops I have used in the past, that would not take your money. Keep in mind a shop apparently can make up any number they want to charge you. And unless you want to spend $5000 on a lawyers retainer, and months and months of your time. They can keep your car.
( i would give the facts and apologize to lpm for this slanderous post and then request to meet with Dave! You know the truth will set you free and gain you respect)
Old 09-29-2010, 12:27 PM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

Wasn't 2 years, and as I said end of May in 2010 everything was paid current to their satisfaction. So its only the time between may and today. Which is 5 months, of which over 2months of it they had the engine. The other 3 months the engine was being built, and the engine builder said he would gladly back me up on that.
ok, I understand. thank you for the reply.

but you still have not responded to my question.
What Exactly was on the latest bill for $7000?
what are the line items are they using to justify so much money?

(to add humor) was it $7000 in paper towels? Zano wax? what?
was it just a sheet of paper with an LPM logo and a total of $7000?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:28 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

If you paid the storage then you must have a reciept to validate your claim correct?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by azZ06Mike
If you paid the storage then you must have a reciept to validate your claim correct?
They aren't even arguing about the fact it was paid current as of that date.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Well if you have a recipet showing it post it up! Dave is not going to tarnish his image over a few bucks of yours and look like a fool in front of the AZ corvette community!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:33 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Another thing is taking to a forum to bash a vendor is always bad news! I had bad luck with a sponsor of this forum in AZ and i just never went back and word of mouth helped!!

Your in a losing battle in the community on this one and it's gonna be a stretch a long one to sway us!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by 71'AirStrike
ok, I understand. thank you for the reply.

but you still have not responded to my question.
What Exactly was on the latest bill for $7000?
what are the line items are they using to justify so much money?

(to add humor) was it $7000 in paper towels? Zano wax? what?
was it just a sheet of paper with an LPM logo and a total of $7000?
It was for labor, storage, parts they broke when swaping the engine, and parts they lost when swapping the engine.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:38 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by azZ06Mike
Another thing is taking to a forum to bash a vendor is always bad news! I had bad luck with a sponsor of this forum in AZ and i just never went back and word of mouth helped!!

Your in a losing battle in the community on this one and it's gonna be a stretch a long one to sway us!
They aren't a vendor here to my knowledge. I would love for him to come in here and tell me its a mistake, they aren't going to charge me an extra $3k for storage when their shop manager told me he would not.

But they never even argued the fact yesterday that I was paid current. Both joe (someone who works there now) and mike both agreed that it was current as of that date. Also supposably dave on the phone with him agreed to it as well.

During the 3 months they want to charge me before I have full proof the engine was being built, and they were constantly notified during the entire build process.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Desertdawg
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09

Maybe when you "f*cking read" the name on the building you thought it said Loud Pedal Motorstorage...

Get notified of new replies

To Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]

Old 09-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Desertdawg
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09

Hey Preston, maybe you should f*cking read your own thread...

Originally Posted by eudlose
I am the owner of Loud Pedal Motorsports.

I will respond to this post in more detail later today after speaking with my attorney, but there is FAR more to this story than Preston is telling you and we were way more than fair with him. Rather than try to work this out with me he feels the best course of action is to launch a slander campaign against my company. Defaming a business with false information could end up costing him much more than a few month's worth of storage fees.

This car was dropped off at our shop almost 2 YEARS ago in a stripped out condition. It wasn't even steerable and we had to move it around on wheel skates. It was nick named "The Flower Pot" because it had been in the shop practically since we opened our doors.

For those curious, yes it is the "Way Too Fast" car that had the red vinyl stickers on the side. Anyone who has ever been to our shop surely has seen it in the corner under an inch of dust and looking like something out of a wrecking yard.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,589 Likes on 673 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Wow. Isn't there a saying by business owners.. customer is always right? They really should straighten this out. If the car was sitting for 2 years, I'd say something is wrong with the place doing the work!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:47 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by eudlose
I am the owner of Loud Pedal Motorsports.

I will respond to this post in more detail later today after speaking with my attorney, but there is FAR more to this story than Preston is telling you and we were way more than fair with him. Rather than try to work this out with me he feels the best course of action is to launch a slander campaign against my company. Defaming a business with false information could end up costing him much more than a few month's worth of storage fees.

This car was dropped off at our shop almost 2 YEARS ago in a stripped out condition. It wasn't even steerable and we had to move it around on wheel skates. It was nick named "The Flower Pot" because it had been in the shop practically since we opened our doors.

For those curious, yes it is the "Way Too Fast" car that had the red vinyl stickers on the side. Anyone who has ever been to our shop surely has seen it in the corner under an inch of dust and looking like something out of a wrecking yard.
You know I never even noticed this response.

I am not slandering anyone, I am stating the facts. You want to settle this right here in public I would be more then happy too.

1. Do you dispute the fact that everything was paid current and as mutually agreed on in the end of may?
2. Do you dispute the fact that I was told no storage fees by mike while the engine was being built? Since he admitted this while i was standing there yesterday?
3. Do you dispute the fact that you want $3000 for storage during that time?
4. Do you dispute the fact that you removed my decals without permission from me?
5. Do you dispute the fact that the engine arrived on july 21st, and the car is still not ready?

Also the car was not there 2 years.

Quick Reply: Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]