Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Problem with Corvette Central

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:59 PM
ydeer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Problem with Corvette Central

Just let me say that I have been on this forum for over 10 years and I love it. I must say that one of the best vendors I have had dealings with is Chip of CCA. Back in April I ordered a set of Silicon hoses for my C6 Vette. When they arrived I opened the box ,saw the hoses inside, closed the box and stored them. It is now August and I decided to install them. Low and behold they were for a C5. Called chip and he had the them replaced in one day. Now that is what I call a great vendor. On the other hand a month ago I ordred a set of chrome hood latches from Corvette Central. Took 2 weeks to get them and when they came they did not supply chrome washers, like advertised, but stainless steel one's. I called and told them I had to purchase them at a cost of $14. They offered no compensation or discount. Fast forward and 1 week ago I ordered a set of chrome hood hinges from Corvette Central and they came with no mounting hardware at all. Again I called and was told to look in the box. I told them I wouldn't be calling them if I hadn't looked for them in the box for them. After a brief conversation I was told that an order was being put in for them to ship to me and I would get a e-mail when sent. They havn't been sent an EM as of yet. I recalled and asked for them to be over-nite them to me. No way. So this in my opinion is one lousey vender. The only reason I ordered the second time from them is that they , as far as I can see, are the only vendor to sell what I have been looking for. Never will I purchase anything from Corvette Central. As far as I can see is that they have my money and the hell with me. I don't usally vent on this forum but I sent Corvette Central over $600 and they could care less. All I can do is wait for the hardware ( if I ever receive it ) in order to install the hinges they sent me.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 287 Likes on 127 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

If you charged it, contest the charge. With Amex, if I contest a charge I've been with them so long, they usually side with me over the vendor.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 PM
CorvetteCentral.com
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ydeer
Just let me say that I have been on this forum for over 10 years and I love it. I must say that one of the best vendors I have had dealings with is Chip of CCA. Back in April I ordered a set of Silicon hoses for my C6 Vette. When they arrived I opened the box ,saw the hoses inside, closed the box and stored them. It is now August and I decided to install them. Low and behold they were for a C5. Called chip and he had the them replaced in one day. Now that is what I call a great vendor. On the other hand a month ago I ordred a set of chrome hood latches from Corvette Central. Took 2 weeks to get them and when they came they did not supply chrome washers, like advertised, but stainless steel one's. I called and told them I had to purchase them at a cost of $14. They offered no compensation or discount. Fast forward and 1 week ago I ordered a set of chrome hood hinges from Corvette Central and they came with no mounting hardware at all. Again I called and was told to look in the box. I told them I wouldn't be calling them if I hadn't looked for them in the box for them. After a brief conversation I was told that an order was being put in for them to ship to me and I would get a e-mail when sent. They havn't been sent an EM as of yet. I recalled and asked for them to be over-nite them to me. No way. So this in my opinion is one lousey vender. The only reason I ordered the second time from them is that they , as far as I can see, are the only vendor to sell what I have been looking for. Never will I purchase anything from Corvette Central. As far as I can see is that they have my money and the hell with me. I don't usally vent on this forum but I sent Corvette Central over $600 and they could care less. All I can do is wait for the hardware ( if I ever receive it ) in order to install the hinges they sent me.
I am very sorry that you have had difficulties with your orders. I am having our customer service department investigate this issue and will PM you with an update. We greatly appreciate your business and I hope we can resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with Corvette Central

Quick Reply: Problem with Corvette Central