Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Terrible experience with Zip Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 05:59 PM
JD77
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Terrible experience with Zip Corvettes

Normally, I try not to gripe about small issues with companies. People are human; I get it. However, this fiasco I've been having with Zip the last couple months is just too much.

I ordered a Steeroids kit back in early March from Zip Corvettes. After about a week without any email or info on the state of the order, I started calling their customer service. They informed me that the order was shipping directly from Speed Direct and that it was currently with them. Not a big deal. I asked if they could check with Speed Direct and find out the status of the order and get back to me. They said they would. They didn't. I called back a few days later with the same request. Again, Zip never got back to me.

After about a month of this, calling every couple days with no tangible answer, the folks at Zip told me that some of the kit parts were on backorder at Speed Direct and it'd take a couple weeks to ship out. At that point, I decided to cancel the order (I'm getting ready to move soon and didn't want to run into any more delays getting the car ready). I canceled over the phone and called a different company up, which had the kit in stock and ordered from them. Problem solved, right?

Well, a week after I canceled the order, Zip called me and said that the order shipped from Speed Direct anyways. I suspect that Zip didn't tell Speed Direct it was cancelled and a conversation I had with someone at Speed Direct supports this, but whatever. I end up with both kits arriving on the same day and now I have to send the Zip one back. I had to call Zip and request they send me mailing labels for the two boxes that made up the order. They send me one label a day or two later, so I have to call back and request a second label.

At this time, I notice they had charged my credit card anyways for the order. The customer service rep says they'll refund it when they get the parts back, which is fair. I send back the parts and wait for them to refund my credit card. They still haven't done this. The UPS tracking numbers show that they've had the parts for almost two weeks now. They haven't even sent me a receipt or email stating that the order has been cancelled. I've asked for some documentation indicating this, and they refused to send me anything. They've also said they won't refund my credit card until they itemize the parts (which they've had for almost 2 weeks)

Frankly, the whole situation has been pretty absurd. I never thought I'd have this much headache dealing with a company's mistakes. Some of Zip's customer service reps have been very polite and assuring, but others have been flat-out rude. Hopefully, no one else has to deal with a mess like this.

On a positive note, the Steeroids kit is pretty great.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:07 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Moving to Transactions Feedback section.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:21 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,291 Likes on 3,919 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Thanks for the insight. Ive heard bad reviews from Zip before. Thank you
Old 05-16-2016, 09:43 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Do you know who the sales rep you were talking to? First I'm sorry you are experiencing this, but let me say this. We are not speed direct, we have a salesperson that we deal with over there. When you call to inquire about an order, our sales person will get with purchasing. Purchasing will call our sales person at SD, most of the time we have to leave messages, not just with SD but with allot of companies. Our sales person should have called you back to let you know that we have done this and as soon as we have an answer we will let you know. About 90% of the time this happens pretty quick so the answer is fast, however the other 10% of the time it may be several days to weeks before we can actually get a good answer from the vendor. When this happens it is frustrating for everyone involved, but we should have called to let you know this instead of waiting. The same is on the cancellation of the order. We may have cancelled it on our end, but if the vendor doesn't cancel it will ship, this happens more often then it should but it is a break down in communication on the vendor's side not Zip's. The rest of it is our issue though, I don't know if we are sending the call tag or if Speed Direct was sending it because it was their mistake in not cancelling the order and shipping it. I would like to know the name of the salesperson though if you don't mind. I also going to look into this right now and fix it.
I will let you know in a just a bit.
Justin
Old 05-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Jared
Ok so I found the box. They were not waiting to inventory for your return. They do have to do that but it is not holding up your return. Our computer system had issues all last week and that is what held it up, it was in for processing last week and Beverly is issuing the credit to your card today. The problem with the cancelled order and why it shipped was just timing. When you cancelled it our sales person notified purchasing and they then notified SD. SD called back a couple of days later and said it was too late that the package had already been shipped. So we will get this cleared up for you today and I apologize that it turned into this.
Justin
Old 06-11-2016, 10:18 AM
viperz0677
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JD77
Normally, I try not to gripe about small issues with companies. People are human; I get it. However, this fiasco I've been having with Zip the last couple months is just too much.

I ordered a Steeroids kit back in early March from Zip Corvettes. After about a week without any email or info on the state of the order, I started calling their customer service. They informed me that the order was shipping directly from Speed Direct and that it was currently with them. Not a big deal. I asked if they could check with Speed Direct and find out the status of the order and get back to me. They said they would. They didn't. I called back a few days later with the same request. Again, Zip never got back to me.

After about a month of this, calling every couple days with no tangible answer, the folks at Zip told me that some of the kit parts were on backorder at Speed Direct and it'd take a couple weeks to ship out. At that point, I decided to cancel the order (I'm getting ready to move soon and didn't want to run into any more delays getting the car ready). I canceled over the phone and called a different company up, which had the kit in stock and ordered from them. Problem solved, right?

Well, a week after I canceled the order, Zip called me and said that the order shipped from Speed Direct anyways. I suspect that Zip didn't tell Speed Direct it was cancelled and a conversation I had with someone at Speed Direct supports this, but whatever. I end up with both kits arriving on the same day and now I have to send the Zip one back. I had to call Zip and request they send me mailing labels for the two boxes that made up the order. They send me one label a day or two later, so I have to call back and request a second label.

At this time, I notice they had charged my credit card anyways for the order. The customer service rep says they'll refund it when they get the parts back, which is fair. I send back the parts and wait for them to refund my credit card. They still haven't done this. The UPS tracking numbers show that they've had the parts for almost two weeks now. They haven't even sent me a receipt or email stating that the order has been cancelled. I've asked for some documentation indicating this, and they refused to send me anything. They've also said they won't refund my credit card until they itemize the parts (which they've had for almost 2 weeks)

Frankly, the whole situation has been pretty absurd. I never thought I'd have this much headache dealing with a company's mistakes. Some of Zip's customer service reps have been very polite and assuring, but others have been flat-out rude. Hopefully, no one else has to deal with a mess like this.

On a positive note, the Steeroids kit is pretty great.
did you get taken care of
Old 06-11-2016, 10:30 AM
JD77
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by viperz0677
did you get taken care of
Eventually. After I made this post, the wheels finally started turning and we were able to resolve the issue.

Get notified of new replies

To Terrible experience with Zip Corvettes

Quick Reply: Terrible experience with Zip Corvettes