Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Caution re: Amp d'Autosport

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 11:37 AM
docb
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Caution re: Amp d'Autosport

Just a caution for dealing with Adam. I am a Canadian and spoke to him last week over the phone to order Carbotechs. He asked for my email address to send me a receipt. A few days later I checked my credit card statement online and the charge for the pads was higher than I expected. I realized Adam had never sent the invoice, and I asked him about it. When it did get sent I noticed that the shipping was $82.50. I pointed this out and Adam said it must be a mistake. I have had dozens of shipments from the States, and the shipping has never been more than $35-40.

Adam said he would look into it and then wrote me back to say that the shipping cost was right. I replied that I didn’t think this was reasonable and he stopped communicating with me.

Forum vendors should be better than this.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Carbotech ships from their facility in Concord, NC 28027. It would be very easy to use the UPS time and cost calculator to estimate shipping costs from Concord to your location. You have the package so you know package size and weight just enter Carbotech's zip code (it as a commercial location), your address and the package details to get the estimate. If it comes out close to $82.50 then you have verification of what he wrote back to you.

Bill
Old 06-01-2016, 12:48 PM
docb
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Carbotech ships from their facility in Concord, NC 28027. It would be very easy to use the UPS time and cost calculator to estimate shipping costs from Concord to your location. You have the package so you know package size and weight just enter Carbotech's zip code (it as a commercial location), your address and the package details to get the estimate. If it comes out close to $82.50 then you have verification of what he wrote back to you.

Bill
It was shipped USPS. I have no idea what service was used, and I don't have a tracking # to find out.

Last edited by docb; 06-01-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:12 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Works both ways:

Brokerage fees on commercial products add up. My steering wheel from Caravaggio came due over $100 in fees he didn't pay on his end, for example (though I use it in my avatar, so I clearly got over that trauma).

I hate ordering stuff from Canada, it's way too expensive to cross the border.

Last edited by davepl; 06-01-2016 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

I just don't understand all these shipping charges......... I realize there are walk up and commercial accounts. I sent tires from Ohio to CA........ $50 a tire. I bought wheels from a forum member in Wisconsin....... he used his business account ....Wisconsin to Ohio $20 a wheel.

Guess you bear market prices.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Yes, the pads shipped direct from Carbotech USPS. I told you I would look into and I did I sent you a message stating that cost is correct minus the $7.00 for shipping and handling. I did not stop communication it is what it is. If you would like to send them back go ahead and I will refund your money. We do not make anything on shipping you have the package let me know how much it is to send back and if your cost is significantly cheaper you keep them and I will send you a check for the difference in shipping cost.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 06-01-2016, 02:07 PM
docb
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Yes, the pads shipped direct from Carbotech USPS. I told you I would look into and I did I sent you a message stating that cost is correct minus the $7.00 for shipping and handling. I did not stop communication it is what it is. If you would like to send them back go ahead and I will refund your money. We do not make anything on shipping you have the package let me know how much it is to send back and if your cost is significantly cheaper you keep them and I will send you a check for the difference in shipping cost.
I don't have the package yet and I have no intention of sending them back and going through that inconvenience. You told me you've shipped to Canada before, I suspect more than once. If that's the case you may have heard what the shipping costs were. Please just make a commitment when you have Canadian customers in the future to inform them of the cost at the time of the transaction, not after shipment.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:27 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

I bought from adam as was happy. You have to realize the weight of these pads. 82 buck to Canada is about right my man. Im sure there is a cheaper method but I ship to Canada all the time for work and it 9 out of 10 time over 82 bucks.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by docb
I don't have the package yet and I have no intention of sending them back and going through that inconvenience. You told me you've shipped to Canada before, I suspect more than once. If that's the case you may have heard what the shipping costs were. Please just make a commitment when you have Canadian customers in the future to inform them of the cost at the time of the transaction, not after shipment.
I
understand I have shipped to CANADA many times before and my thought would be $46-$50 FOR Shipping. USPS must have changed something and I'm sorry I do not know what they changed. I had a customer ask me for a quote to Canada for a Z51 car this morning and I asked him for his exact address to avoid this issue I will report the cost of shipping as soon as he gives me the ship to address.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:46 PM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

Adam is golden. No issues at all with this fellow. Should all vendors be as honest and as helpful as him. As for shipping charges, I just shipped 15 pounds to England via USPS -- $145! Frank
Old 06-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

I researched the issue and now you have your answer below.

Gentleman and lady's here is your issue

http://www.fp-usa.com/ratechange/jan...rate-increase/

Effective January 17, 2016, USPS shipping rates increase an average of 9.5%. The January increase does not impact letters, First-Class flats and cards.

Last edited by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com; 06-01-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

[QUOTE=docb;1592331897]Just a caution for dealing with Adam. I am a Canadian and spoke to him last week over the phone to order Carbotechs. He asked for my email address to send me a receipt. A few days later I checked my credit card statement online and the charge for the pads was higher than I expected. I realized Adam had never sent the invoice, and I asked him about it. When it did get sent I noticed that the shipping was $82.50. I pointed this out and Adam said it must be a mistake. I have had dozens of shipments from the States, and the shipping has never been more than $35-40.

Adam said he would look into it and then wrote me back to say that the shipping cost was right. I replied that I didn’t think this was reasonable and he stopped communicating with me.

Read the link below..
Old 06-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

It was shipped USPS. I have no idea what service was used, and I don't have a tracking # to find out.
You can still use the estimator to get a shipping estimate. FedEx and USPS also have online estimators. No need for a tracking number. If you were estimating cost before shipping something you wouldn't have a tracking number. The estimators will give you a list of delivery times with the associated costs. It is really easy to do. The only thing you won't see are any handling charges the shipper may apply.

I sell used parts from my cars and that is how I estimate how much it will cost to ship something somewhere. All you need is ship to, ship from, package size/weight, insured or not, special handling requirements (applys to tires and wheels) and delivery speed. The estimator will provide the cost including any surcharges that apply due to excessive package size, etc. I imagine the USPS estimator is updated with their rate changes that Adam posted.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 06-01-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:19 AM
gbmidyear66
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
You can still use the estimator to get a shipping estimate. FedEx and USPS also have online estimators. No need for a tracking number. If you were estimating cost before shipping something you wouldn't have a tracking number. The estimators will give you a list of delivery times with the associated costs. It is really easy to do. The only thing you won't see are any handling charges the shipper may apply.

I sell used parts from my cars and that is how I estimate how much it will cost to ship something somewhere. All you need is ship to, ship from, package size/weight, insured or not, special handling requirements (applys to tires and wheels) and delivery speed. The estimator will provide the cost including any surcharges that apply due to excessive package size, etc. I imagine the USPS estimator is updated with their rate changes that Adam posted.

Bill
Docb - not sure how far you are from the border in Vancity - sign up for one of the shipping services at Pt Roberts WA. Shipping costs are way cheaper to lower 48. I get all my packages sent there and just go pick them up every couple of weeks. For items under about $250 - they also usually give you a pass on PST / GST charges as well. I've saved thousands on shipping and taxes over the years with this service (and for an added bonus you can fill up with cheap gas while you're down there - save more $)
Old 06-02-2016, 12:40 AM
gbmidyear66
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

[QUOTE=Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com;1592333632]
Just a caution for dealing with Adam. I am a Canadian and spoke to him last week over the phone to order Carbotechs. He asked for my email address to send me a receipt. A few days later I checked my credit card statement online and the charge for the pads was higher than I expected. I realized Adam had never sent the invoice, and I asked him about it. When it did get sent I noticed that the shipping was $82.50. I pointed this out and Adam said it must be a mistake. I have had dozens of shipments from the States, and the shipping has never been more than $35-40.

Read the link below..

Adam, I'd look at a more competitive shipping supplier - your current supplier is not doing you or your customers any favours. I very recently bought a set of pads for my Z06 from another vendor and the shipping cost from US Midwest to my door (by ground) in Vancouver was $15 (CDN) - that's only about $11 in real money.

Last edited by gbmidyear66; 06-02-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:11 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

If you have had a post removed or you received a forum sanction, it's because your post contained complaints about the site or its moderation in an open forum.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

Regarding the following posts:

The point of this is to caution other potential forum members. Why do you think it's appropriate to bury it?

The issue is in part the shipping costs, but it's more about communication.
Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
Clarify, are you suggesting a vendor complaint has no place in an area where it is going to receive exposure?

The quote above almost reads as a typo and that it should say something like "I'm for this..." but again, the logic of why eludes me.
Originally Posted by musclesbmf
He was making a joke that he was in the thread before it gets moved or locked due to someone talking negatively about a vendor.
I'll take this opportunity to explain, again, that these posts are not "buried," or put in a place with "no exposure." Complaints about vendors, Supporting or otherwise, about transactions are placed according to forum rules in the Transaction Feedback section where they can be accessed by all members.

If the General discussion areas were filled with each persons personal complaint you would never be able to read anything.

Regarding the falsehood that "talking negative about a vendor" is not allowed, those posts are again, placed in the Transaction Feedback section where they belong. There are no sanctions against vendor complaints when placed in the proper section.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:53 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
I researched the issue and now you have your answer below.

Gentleman and lady's here is your issue

Effective January 17, 2016, USPS shipping rates increase an average of 9.5%. The January increase does not impact letters, First-Class flats and cards.
Vendor has responded and thread will be closed per forum rules. If there is an update either the OP or vendor can contact me and I'll add it to the thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Caution re: Amp d'Autosport

Quick Reply: Caution re: Amp d'Autosport