Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Not even happy with HRE,and you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:15 AM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Plenty can happen in 1000 miles, even chips from impact damage due to road debris, rocks, curbing a wheel, etc. Just because there's limited mileage on the wheel set itself doesn't mean that they're not subject to road debris, come on now. That's like saying, I drove my brand new 2017 C7 for 1000 miles and I already have rock chips on the bumper, it's Chevy's fault!! I know it sucks, I've been in your shoes too where I'm wondering, 'Why me!?,' but we've certainly tried our best to answer your questions and be fair. We even mentioned to you that if you sent in your wheels for inspection and we were able to verify impact damage again, that we would discount the repair costs 50%. We certainly didn't have to offer you a 50% discount if it comes to that, but at the end of the day we want to help out and hopefully resolve things in a positive manner.

If there's an issue going on with your wheels, we need to see them in person in order to make a determination of what has happened. Photos aren't good at all to judge whether a wheel was damaged due to a defect or due to an impact or otherwise. If at the end of the day it's a defect by us, we'll own up to it and warranty the wheels and get them back your way, pretty simple. In the event that it is determined the damage on your wheels is not covered under warranty due to impact damage again, we will still extend the 50% off refinishing discount that Jon had offered to you a while back.

If you'd like to proceed then reply back to Jon's email that he sent to you about an hour ago and we'll get the ball rolling. If we can't see the wheels here in person though, the process cannot start, nor can we make a determination on the damage. Only way we'll know for sure if it's a defect or if it's an impact is if it's here.
The ooollllllllle "na uhhh, you did that!" defense. Bold move, let's see if it pays off.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:58 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by AORoads

If it were me, I'd work with HRE to see what they can do, going forward. IMO, short of hitting the wheels w. a rattle can of clear coat, that is your best bet unless you have someone local who can/does that type of work.
Rattle can a $1500 wheel,I don't so. Yes,the rear wheels on my car were $1500 apiece. Anybody that's not familiar with HREs,they use to be the pinnacle in wheels,you want the best watch you buy a Rolex,you want the best wheel you buy an HRE,that's why I bought a set. At this point I'm so disgusted with this BS I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:46 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

My HRE's had been perfect until a tire shop scraped up 3 of my lips installing new tires. Riteway Wheel Repair in WC did a great job repairing them for me.
HRE has always been very helpful. They went above and beyond on a set of their wheels I bought used and they helps me out when I upgraded to ZR1 carbon ceramic brakes.

Best of luck HRE sounds like this isn't going to have a happy ending anytime soon.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:17 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Closed per the rules.

Quick Reply: Not even happy with HRE,and you?