Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Quality Issue With Wheel Spats From Corvettemods.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 07:56 PM
PG County Boy
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Quality Issue With Wheel Spats From Corvettemods.com

My wife bought me a pair of wheel spats in carbon flash for my '19 GS from the vendor, Corvette Mods. My wife ordered the item on June 4, and the items didn't arrive until approximately July 10. Because of how the wheel spats were wrapped, I did not take them out, and assumed they were in pristine condition. When my auto body professional had installed the wheel spats (along with a front splitter and winglets, bought from another vendor), he called me and informed me that there was a small chip of the carbon flash paint that was off. Further, he indicated that the part didn't seem to be primered first, and the finish was soft (when pressed with a fingernail). I figured Corvette Mods would either send a replacement part, or work with my installer to have him refinish the piece. When I heard from them today, a representative told me that because I had already installed the part, there was nothing that could be done now. I wrote them back and tried to reason with them, pointing out that they sold me a product with quality issues. I told them I would be okay with them paying the installer to touch up the damaged area or refinish it. They came back and still said that they have already been installed and there is nothing more they can really do.

Is this normal from this company? First of all it took over a month for just a pair of wheel spats to arrive (where from?). By contrast, the carbon fiber front splitter, and carbon flash stage 3 winglets all arrived within a couple of weeks of ordering. But again I had to wait over a month for these wheel spats and it was a sloppy production job, whoever manufactured the part. You can form your own opinion about this company, and I will not say anything further, other than I am very disappointed that they did not try to rectify the situation with me, other than saying, sorry, we can't do anything else because you already installed the part. I'm going to be vetting vendors I hear of from the web site a lot more carefully in the future.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:01 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Corvette Mods was removed as a forum vendor years ago, and will not be responding in this thread. Please check this sections archives for many threads on the company.

Quick Reply: Quality Issue With Wheel Spats From Corvettemods.com