Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Forum member feedback - KKris21188

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Goohead
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wil update

Forum member feedback - KKris21188

I wanted to write this review of a transaction I had with Frank Elliot / Total Power AKA KKris21188 who is a complete liar and scammer

on 12/5 I purchased what was suppose to be a mint condition, less than 3k miles used LT4 engine bare block from Frank.

I confirmed with Frank multiple times that he inspected the condition of the block and was in MINT condition (original ad and text attached). What I got was a block with spun main bearing on 2 main caps, scored cylinder walls in every cylinder and main caps that were not even from this block, making this thing basically worthless or the value of $200-$300 for all the machining work that needed to be done.

I have the full list of events for those that want to know the details below. But main story is this guy is dishonest and a liar and intentionally wanted to cheat me out of my money while lying the entire time that he did not know there was any damage AFTER he confirmed he inspected it multiple times.

On top of this, this guys also:

1)Asked me adamantly to send PayPal without buyer protection.

2)Ask me to return the merchandise without starting a PayPal claim because he was “working with me”

3)when the return got damaged (Fedex fault) wanted me to send him $1100 for the block anyways...the block is not even worth $300! (Also what about the rental truck I had to pay to pick up the block, the cost of return shipment, the inspect cost, hot tub cost, and magnaflux cost I already incurred: $550+)

4)files a PayPal claim for the $350 partial refund he original gave me! (for damages before I found out the main caps were not from the same block, essentially costing more to repair than what I paid)

This guy is a real scammer and the full detail and screen shots of conversation below:

Frank also was adamant to send him $1100 without using PayPal protection to save me $33 in fees, luckily I chose to eat the fees and send it with a PayPal buyer protection guarantee, more on this later.

After receiving the block I noticed immediate every cylinder walls were scored due to piston contact, 2 of the cylinder were a lot deeper ..ok not what I expected but I can bore it out. Looking deeper, main #1 and #2 were sanded down, looks like the block spun 2 bearing and someone tried to minimize the damage. The deck was also all scratched up and fitting the main caps showed damage on the side of the block from fitting in, and it looked like someone forced them to fit into the block.

All in all the machine needed to get this block working was at least $450-$600 from the machine shop for a line hone, cylinder bore and hone and clean the deck and still have to check the main caps.

Called frank and he refunded me $350 to partial cover the damages and I ask him if the main caps were from this block or another’s. He swears these are the right main caps. I was pissed I was sold a product not as described and needed to address all of these issue, but I’m a civil guy and took Franks word that he didn’t know, and it’s all a mistake (he told me originally multiple times there is 0 damage and he inspected everything)

I bring the block to a very respectable machine shop, Bill Ceralli Competition engine and Bill tells me the mains were not from this block and it is unusable unless I buy another set of billet mains and it would be about $800-$900 in labor to fit and the block is junk without the right mains, and it would be cheaper to look for another block.

At this point I am pissed, everything from not using secure PayPal to the description of this block makes me questions Frank’s motives and his original story, which changed from its his block he replaced with a sleeved block to now it was his buddy’s block and he didn’t know about the damage and the main cap (what happen to the inspection? What happened to putting together tons of engines together on the Ls platform and he knows his stuff) but still being civil I tried to work it out with Frank, he told me to ship the block back and he can look to see if he can refund me.

I also lost any confidence in a guy who has mislead me from the beginning so I called PayPal to ensure if I return this block how I can cover myself. They inform me to open a case before sending the block back. When I tell frank this he is 100% opposed to me opening a case and said he has been “working with me” this whole time. Regardless of Franks opinion I was not going to ship this back without taking PayPal’s suggestion.

Now the block is delivered it is damaged by Fedex, ok I will file a claim let the claim handle it and I will PayPal frank back AFTER he refunds me of my original purchase, Frank does not want to offer any refund because he wants to cover himself pending the outcome of the claim, very hypocritical if you ask me. I asked Frank one last time to refund me the purchase amount and that I was done, if not I will handle with PayPal and escalate the claim for them to handle, he refused, I escalate through PayPal

Fast forward, Paypal finally came through for me and refunded me. I get multiple text from Frank asking for the Fedex check to cover the damages to the block and that HE called PayPal to pay. The lies does not stop... I called PayPal to confirm and they said they closed the case based on the information I provided and was not voluntary by the seller. this is almost 2 month of dealing with this. On top of it I am on vacation and gotten 4 text and 3 phones calls (I don’t get to take off work much, me and my gf are tying to enjoy this time)

Fedex pays for the shipping damages and I come to an agreement to send back $200 to Frank for welding damages on the block. He agrees and I send him the $200. He later goes crazy and calls and text me multiple times when he found out he couldn’t get the $783 partial refund back PayPal gave me and want $1100 for a junk block without main caps and multiple damage!

I write this because I do not want anyone else to deal with this BS, all of his ads me mention mint condition and this was certainly not the case. I would recommend you think twice before dealing with this guy. For me it was not worth the trouble and I regret this transaction ever took place.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Goohead; 01-27-2020 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:48 PM
lbzraptor
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

If you got your money back through PayPal that you paid for the block and have not spent any money on the block then I would think he would be entitled to the money from FedX. Now if you are out money having the block checked or had anything done to the block or shipping charges then I think you should hold that amount from him.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:09 PM
Goohead
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanted to provide an updated this guy is a complete scam artist. Here is another thread showing a different forum member misrepresenting products and screwing people over:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ad-seller.html

I am still dealing with this issue multiple month later.

If you are dealing with:

Frank Elliot in 1489 West Bartlett Rd, Elgin, IL.
630-244-8789
totalpower@sbcglobal.net

DO NOT send this guy your money!

Get notified of new replies

To Forum member feedback - KKris21188

Quick Reply: Forum member feedback - KKris21188