C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

'67 power window motor replacement help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:54 PM
R6T7
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Default '67 power window motor replacement help

I think I need to replace the motor on my driver's side power window - it works, but it seems to stop and start when either raising or lowering the window - although it so far has never failed to completely open or close. The wiring harness and the PW switches are all new, so I think it's likely a tired motor. The passenger side operates smoothly with no problem.

My question is, what's the procedure for getting the motor out? And if I want to replace the felt channels at the same time, how do you get the window out? Would appreciate any tips and tricks that anyone can share on how to tackle this job.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

R6T7

The attached files might be of some help in getting at your PW motor. I can't vouch that all the door inner workings on the 67 are the same as on my 65 though.

Hope these are of some use to you.

Dave Z
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Corvette Door Anatomy-Mod.pdf (1.28 MB, 214 views)
Old 09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,039 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Originally Posted by DZVette
R6T7

The attached files might be of some help in getting at your PW motor. I can't vouch that all the door inner workings on the 67 are the same as on my 65 though.

Hope these are of some use to you.

Dave Z
Dave,
Thanks for the files -- just in time for me! I'm about to convert my 67 to power windows, and your articles are very useful. The only real unknown will be where exactly to cut the hole in the door post.

Lou
Old 09-03-2009, 05:19 PM
67vetteal
Melting Slicks

Received 99 Likes on 39 Posts

Louie, A Template made from a real OEM PW car should not be hard to get. Anyone? Al W.

Get notified of new replies

To '67 power window motor replacement help

Quick Reply: '67 power window motor replacement help