C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rookie Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 01:58 PM
kolczk
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rookie Question

I have an easy question for you that know parts. I have been trying to figure out what I am missing here but don't seem to know the exact part name. Can someone help me with this easy question? Thanks

Old 02-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Pop Chevy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 784 Likes on 536 Posts
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Dust shield.
The following users liked this post:
kolczk (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 02:04 PM
kolczk
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knew it was easy. Just started second guessing when I was looking at some other things.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:41 PM
EIGHTY
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.zip-corvette.com/68-82-c3...ds-w-pins.html
Old 02-09-2016, 07:22 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

For what it is worth to you...

BE AWARE....that when you press in the push pins....when you get down on each side of the inner skirt when you get closer to the frame... you better support it or hold it or you can bust it. These push pins can be a BEAR to get in and seated some times.

And...when you get the push pins all fully seated. The flap end....goes over the top of and around and under the top of your UPPER A-ARM....thus allowing you to CLEARLY SEE the shock absorber. And the tabs on the flap end...get slide under the UPPER A-ARM to keep it in place. The dust shield just does not lay there OVER the shock absorber and UPPER A-ARM cross shaft.

DUB
Old 02-09-2016, 07:31 PM
procketus
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by DUB
For what it is worth to you...

BE AWARE....that when you press in the push pins....when you get down on each side of the inner skirt when you get closer to the frame... you better support it or hold it or you can bust it. These push pins can be a BEAR to get in and seated some times.

And...when you get the push pins all fully seated. The flap end....goes over the top of and around and under the top of your UPPER A-ARM....thus allowing you to CLEARLY SEE the shock absorber. And the tabs on the flap end...get slide under the UPPER A-ARM to keep it in place. The dust shield just does not lay there OVER the shock absorber and UPPER A-ARM cross shaft.

DUB
Yep Dub is correct, they can be a bear to get pushed in. Mine are also tucked in the way he describes it.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi,
The way the flap is cut it's possible to put 2 fingers on the other side of the fiberglass apron (above and below the hole you're working on) to support it while you push the 'pins' in place.
Regards,
Alan

Note the original 'tuck' as Dub mentions.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:55 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

You can 'pop' those pins in with a small plastic hammer. Just give each pin a quick rap with the hammer to pop it in. Start with too light a rap and work up until you get it to go. You don't want to damage the inner fender wall.

Get notified of new replies

To Rookie Question

Quick Reply: Rookie Question