C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

95 No Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 01:15 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
Indeed. That was a good one.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:17 PM
qws
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

took the pump off, and do you think the coupling is near there?.. of course not. I hate having missing parts.. you never know where they may show up later!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:07 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Don’t think you’re the only or first person who has done that. I did it once but caught myself when the installation was too easy since it did not have to be lined up.

That’s all I could think of with your extreme condition especially since you said the coolant went up and not down when you reved the engine which was a key clue for me.

Well if you can find it, at least you know you can buy one on EBay if need be.

Last edited by pcolt94; 11-30-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:26 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by pcolt94
Don’t think you’re the only or first person who has done that. I did it once but caught myself when the installation was too easy since it did not have to be lined up.

That’s all I could think of with your extreme condition especially since you said the coolant went up and not down when you reved the engine which was a key clue for me.

Well if you can find it, at least you know you can buy one on EBay if need be.
but some poor guy behind him will find it bouncing off thier windshield.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
but some poor guy behind him will find it bouncing off thier windshield.
LOL...I was thinking the exact same thing! That's why it drives me bat-**** when I lose a nut, small socket..what ever. Unacceptable, to my OCD self!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:52 AM
qws
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh man, now I gotta worry about somebody's winshield...
Not really since I'm selling this once I get it going. No need for 3 of them.

I went thru that entire engine bay with lights, magnets every crack,every crevice....nothing

Then it hit me
I had purchased the wrong LT1 pump thru summit (Camaro), When I dry fitted it up I remember it being a small PITA to get the spline to go in correctly. Once fit I realize it wasn't the correct one. I removed it and put back into the box.

Meanwhile I picked up the correct pump locally, that fit on a bit to nicely.

How much you wanna bet that coupling went back to summit on the water pump?.. they are now a proud owner of 1 old water pump coupling..

Order the OEM part off ebay yesterday, should have it before the weekend

Last edited by qws; 12-01-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:10 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by qws
Then it hit me
I had purchased the wrong LT1 pump thru summit (Camaro), When I dry fitted it up I remember it being a small PITA to get the spline to go in correctly. Once fit I realize it wasn't the correct one. I removed it and put back into the box.

Meanwhile I picked up the correct pump locally, that fit on a bit to nicely.

How much you wanna bet that coupling went back to summit on the water pump?.. they are now a proud owner of 1 old water pump coupling..

Order the OEM part off ebay yesterday, should have it before the weekend
Another "argument" for the "buy local" - the "local" even had you been sold the incorrect pump would have opened the box with you "toe to toe" with him to check it and the coupling would have been found and handed back to you.

Local purchases beat all

Now having just done cylinder heads on a later LT engine why don't you visit this thread and maybe comment. I've never owned an SBC C4 and it's very difficult for me to understand the OP's "obstructions" that created his issue. Tool choice initially wasn't maybe great but he mentioned "obstructions with engine in car". You can maybe pass on some useful information. Did you remove your plastic inner skirt above the control arms? Does it help if they're removed? I really don't know but the OP I'm sure would appreciate help:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...en-a-bolt.html

**You hadn't mentioned anywhere earlier but now that you're introducing another new or whatever coupling you need to make sure that you replace the seal in the timing cover. I've seen guys not disturb it when doing only a pump and leaving the coupling as is but I'd think it's now become a "need to do".

Last edited by WVZR-1; 12-01-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Quick Reply: 95 No Start