Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom interior complete!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 12:45 PM
monicatomokc
Pro

Received 293 Likes on 154 Posts

Looks great! I'm a big fan of contrasting interior colors, but like I've said in some of my previous posts, you can get the job done much cheaper by pulling the pieces you want re-done and take them to a reputable upholstery shop and they can do it for much cheaper than buying all new panels. Here's mine that I had done for under $1000. For anyone interested and if you want more details, here is my experience at this link below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lt-pieces.html
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by monicatomokc:
2cnd Chance (06-07-2016), Mello Yello Maizey (06-23-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 09:11 AM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by 2cnd Chance
Yes per piece. Thanks.
There are so many different part numbers for each piece because of the options. Your best bet is to message Gene or Patrick from Cultrag and give them the list or a picture and circle each piece you are looking for and in what color and type of leather ( 1 or 2LT or the 3LT Napa leather). I went with the 3LT as that's what my car was and I wanted all the textures to match. The cost is higher on the 3LT parts but was worth it to me to have it all match. I hope that helps. Thanks again - Paul
The following users liked this post:
2cnd Chance (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 10:32 AM
jaki30
Safety Car

Received 541 Likes on 310 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by monicatomokc
Looks great! I'm a big fan of contrasting interior colors, but like I've said in some of my previous posts, you can get the job done much cheaper by pulling the pieces you want re-done and take them to a reputable upholstery shop and they can do it for much cheaper than buying all new panels. Here's mine that I had done for under $1000. For anyone interested and if you want more details, here is my experience at this link below.

I tried Leather Seats, but, the only material that they have that comes close to GM Kalahari is the leather from a Ferrari! Way too expensive to have done (250% more). They were investigating an alternative, but, I haven't heard back from them since May 6th. They said there wasn't a great demand for the Kalahari pieces.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:17 PM
monicatomokc
Pro

Originally Posted by jaki30
I tried Leather Seats, but, the only material that they have that comes close to GM Kalahari is the leather from a Ferrari! Way too expensive to have done (250% more). They were investigating an alternative, but, I haven't heard back from them since May 6th. They said there wasn't a great demand for the Kalahari pieces.
Probably not. Mine came from stock they had and it was a close match. I believe material cost was just $80.00. Obviously it's the labor time that drives up the cost. Good luck!
Old 06-07-2016, 01:47 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 936 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp
I received my new 3LT Kahlahari 2016 Door panels from Patrick and Gene at Cultrag Performance yesterday. Great service as always, the door panels were packaged perfectly and I was able to swap them out in no time.

I can tell you the driver side door is a little more involved getting that aluminum and leather strip piece to line up perfect but you can easily adjust them with the 7mm socket bolts that hold it in. I'm sure this is what they check at the factory to align the driver door area to the dash.

Now I have the full wrapped look without the lighter seats which is what I wanted from the start. Here are the results, the car was originally 3LT Jet Black but now has a splash of color:
Would going the reverse (buying the seats after) be cheaper? Especially if you did a seat swap.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:01 PM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
Would going the reverse (buying the seats after) be cheaper? Especially if you did a seat swap.
I originally wanted the all Jet black interior but after seeing how many cars all looked the same, I wanted to do something different. The black just got boring to me.

If you mean the car was ordered with 3LT Kalahari and then swapping out just the seats for black ones, I'm sure it might be a little cheaper but that was not the case.

In the end, I was able to achieve the look I wanted with all OEM parts and now have the ability to put them back if I ever wanted to. I don't see that happening anytime soon though as I love the look I created.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:08 PM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Received 977 Likes on 533 Posts

How difficult was it to pull them out (especially the passenger pieces) and then to replace them? Thanks.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:04 PM
monicatomokc
Pro

How difficult was it to pull them out (especially the passenger pieces) and then to replace them? Thanks.
Not easy, but with a lot of patience and carefully following all the DIY instructions available on this forum, it can be done by the amateur home-garage mechanic.

The console has to be removed to access all the screws to remove the glovebox and then one of the screws to the dashpad might be difficult to access, depending on how the factory aligned everything. It's alot of trial and error for sure.

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2016, 10:27 PM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Received 977 Likes on 533 Posts

Not easy, but with a lot of patience and carefully following all the DIY instructions available on this forum, it can be done by the amateur home-garage mechanic.

The console has to be removed to access all the screws to remove the glovebox and then one of the screws to the dashpad might be difficult to access, depending on how the factory aligned everything. It's alot of trial and error for sure.

Good luck!
What about the red area on the passenger door? Thanks.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:00 AM
monicatomokc
Pro

What about the red area on the passenger door? Thanks.
Taking the passenger door off isn't that hard, but the company I had do the work took care of the removal of that piece. Here is the video of him doing the work to my car.

The following users liked this post:
2cnd Chance (06-08-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Interior looks awesome. Thank you for your business and positive feedback.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 02-16-2024, 07:52 PM
Szabol
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp
I received my new 3LT Kahlahari 2016 Door panels from Patrick and Gene at Cultrag Performance yesterday. Great service as always, the door panels were packaged perfectly and I was able to swap them out in no time.

I can tell you the driver side door is a little more involved getting that aluminum and leather strip piece to line up perfect but you can easily adjust them with the 7mm socket bolts that hold it in. I'm sure this is what they check at the factory to align the driver door area to the dash.

Now I have the full wrapped look without the lighter seats which is what I wanted from the start. Here are the results, the car was originally 3LT Jet Black but now has a splash of color:
how did you remove the passenger side dashpad?. I plan to upgrade mine but no luck in how to remove it!

Old 02-16-2024, 09:25 PM
monicatomokc
Pro

Originally Posted by Szabol
how did you remove the passenger side dashpad?. I plan to upgrade mine but no luck in how to remove it!
See this post and look at each attachment within. It's quite a process and time consuming.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nger-dash.html
Old 02-17-2024, 09:44 AM
Szabol
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 125 Posts

See this post and look at each attachment within. It's quite a process and time consuming.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nger-dash.html
that’s the one. Holy money, no wonder no one posts a video…
Old 02-17-2024, 10:12 AM
monicatomokc
Pro

Originally Posted by Szabol
that’s the one. Holy money, no wonder no one posts a video…
Yeah, it's been 8 years now since I did this and it wasn't fun, but I sure like the results. I just couldn't believe all that had to be done just to get that glove box out!!

Quick Reply: Custom interior complete!