NoviStretch Presents Corvette of the Week: 1990 ZR-1 Test Car
How would you like to own this sweet 1990 ‘Vette, just the 102nd C4 ZR-1 ever built?
Well, I can hear you thinking, that depends on how well it was maintained, what kind of history it has, and of course, the price.
You, my friend, are a wise negotiator. You ask all the right questions. And in this particular case, I think you’ll find all the right answers. Certainly right enough to be our NoviStretch Corvette of the Week!
This week’s COTW comes to us from Corvette Forum member jemidyette, who has, after a long and storied love affair, decided to part with this fine looking piece of automotive history. So he’s posted it in the for sale section with the photos below and a highly alluring description. Here’s some of the highlights:
- Original Dark Red Metallic paint with Saddle interior
- Lotus DOHC LT5 boasting over 400hp
- Transmission recently rebuilt by ZF Doc
- “New clutch and flywheel, new Bilstein shocks, 16 new fuel injectors, and more done in the last 5000 miles”
- Custom ForgeLine 2-piece forged wheels with Corvette logo
- Mostly garaged
- Destination listing suggests it was either a test car, promo car, or fleet car
Jemidyette has listed this fine piece of American engineering for $13, 500, which seems like a very reasonable price, considering the love put into it, and the fact this world-beating supercar used to cost more than $100,000. Yeah, it’s got 102,000 miles on her, but as Jemidyette points out, “That’s nothing for the mighty LT5 .”