Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pioneer Nav. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 PM
06c6a6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok...It is all working! A few things didn't go as planed. The instructions? Well...when hooking up the amp wire (from the d3 to the gmos) you well not power up the amp. It only puts out 5v, you need 12v to trigger the amp. So i hooked the wire of the d3 to the other side of the harness, keeping hooked up to the incoming side but disconnecting the out side of gmos.
Then the brown wire on the gmos is supposed to be hooked up to the mute curcuit, but when you shut the door with this wire hooked up the volume would go very low. Unhooked the wire and presto sound with the door closed!
Now, the gmos wire for the VSS. When hooked up it made the speedo jumpy. So i disconnected that wire also. Speedo aok!
Next..the illumination wire on the gmos wiring harness goes to no pin in the factory harness you need to power that off the light curcuit of the traction control sw...Easy enough right?
The test drive, alt whine and i can't stand alt whine! I opened the little black box (gmos) and turned down the gain and the alt whine went away!!!
So all and all it works and i do like the d3. Ipod works great, and custom back grounds looks cool, Nav, well we will see..
Happy with d3 not with the gmos. I hope by disconnecting any of those wires that it does not cut out some feature that i'm not aware of.
If any one ever needs help pm me and to MARKCZ thanks for your help on the weekend.(that is when tech supourt should be open)

Aaron
Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM
C6Z51GUY
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help me lol

i am having major problems with this gmos 04 adapter i wired up my whole radio the way the instructions say but i was not getting any music out of the front speakers so i then took the wires apart and just wired up the fronts but the only way i get sound out is when the drivers door is open and you hear the door chime with the radio if anyone can help me at all with this i would graetly appreciate it btw i did not do the relay part of the install but i dont think that this should be the issue.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Z51GUY
i am having major problems with this gmos 04 adapter i wired up my whole radio the way the instructions say but i was not getting any music out of the front speakers so i then took the wires apart and just wired up the fronts but the only way i get sound out is when the drivers door is open and you hear the door chime with the radio if anyone can help me at all with this i would graetly appreciate it btw i did not do the relay part of the install but i dont think that this should be the issue.
Read post #5 HERE, if that's not it then install the relay, if that doesn't help do post #3 HERE. If that doesn't work you need to ditch the pos gmos and get a PAC interface.

Quick Reply: Pioneer Nav. Please Help