Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 Show Me Your Subs

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
Hidden Amps..

Really like the hidden look, any issue's with heat?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by okie08vette
Really like the hidden look, any issue's with heat?
I did get a couple sub amp shut downs during the summer when I was cranking the stereo and it was a 107+ outside. There are a couple screens 2"x 8" (more like wire mesh) over each amp and under the carpet for ventilation. The spray that was used to glue to carpet to the cover kind of plugged some of the holes up. Also, the glue on the back of the carpet which was pretty breathable compromised the flow through the carpet as well.

I had planned to go back and clean that up some but added added a JBL MS-8 shortly after that picture was taken. In doing so, I had to cut an opening on the back side of the cover for the wires to the MS-8. That hole pretty much resolved the ventilation issue. That said, I still need to modify the cover so the MS-8 is hidden as well. When I do it, my ventilation will be improved upon with larger sceen openings and less glue on them. I also have a low profile 8" long silent 12v blower fan just in case I need it.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 PM
RED_LSWHEE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
If you're willing to come and get it, you can have it

Shipping it would be
I wouldn't mind paying the shipping for it. I'm in Afghanistan, so I can't come get it....That and I live in Mobile when I'm home. PM me if you want to talk about it some more.

Bryan
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I'll check into the shipping costs and get back to you tomorrow
Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by slief
I did get a couple sub amp shut downs during the summer when I was cranking the stereo and it was a 107+ outside. There are a couple screens 2"x 8" (more like wire mesh) over each amp and under the carpet for ventilation. The spray that was used to glue to carpet to the cover kind of plugged some of the holes up. Also, the glue on the back of the carpet which was pretty breathable compromised the flow through the carpet as well.

I had planned to go back and clean that up some but added added a JBL MS-8 shortly after that picture was taken. In doing so, I had to cut an opening on the back side of the cover for the wires to the MS-8. That hole pretty much resolved the ventilation issue. That said, I still need to modify the cover so the MS-8 is hidden as well. When I do it, my ventilation will be improved upon with larger sceen openings and less glue on them. I also have a low profile 8" long silent 12v blower fan just in case I need it.
Nice! I am just in the first phase now, can't decide if I want to cover the box with carpet or leather, going to go see what black leather would look like and since I only have one amp I am planning on putting in two openings one on each side just for storage bin type thing. I did look at mounting the rear speakers on each side on the amp in the box instead of replacing the rears, what do you think of that?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:30 PM
RED_LSWHEE
Instructor

Sounds good to me. Let me know either way. Thanks
Old 02-02-2011, 02:32 AM
chevyc6z51
Burning Brakes

whats the best sub set up for SQ sub?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

oakie08vette, here is a pic of "simulated" leather....... I installed 2 small vents above each fan on the amps. My sub box is a 12" and in a ZO6 so I didn't have a top to store. So a pic of sub enclosure would not apply to this thread.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 AM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Buddy A
oakie08vette, here is a pic of "simulated" leather....... I installed 2 small vents above each fan on the amps. My sub box is a 12" and in a ZO6 so I didn't have a top to store. So a pic of sub enclosure would not apply to this thread.

I like it, going to see how it looks in my car, I have the tan interior so debating if I want it black or tan. Will try and get some pics but first have to shovel the two feet of snow in the driveway but at least its warmer today, its about 15 degrees today vs. 10 degrees yesterday and the wind is only blowing about 20 today.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:55 AM
7795TAs
Instructor

Has anybody tryed a C6 Corvette Partition Subwoofer Box from Subthump.com I have been looking at this box for my setup. Its for only a single or dual 8" subs which will be more than enough for me. I dont know if its against forum rules to post the link. Could be an option for the OP.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:31 AM
sumphead
Advanced

Still a work in progress and I apologize for the crappy cell pics. I just HAD to install it and test it before sanding away and sending off to get covered. So imagine it pro covered ebony with red stiching.... :0)

In progress glassing

and body filler waiting for sanding and cover.

Amp again is a Vibe litebox4 (behind passenger seat)

Polk MM6501 components in doors.

Complete RAAMat deadener.

Pioneer Avic 700BT Nav head (older but I LOVE this head)

I'll get better pics all finished up and cleaned when the weather gets better.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:50 PM
HeadPapago
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-04-2011, 11:09 AM
johnnyko12
Instructor

Originally Posted by HeadPapago

sexy!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
v3tte
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeadPapago

I thought mine was cool!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:53 PM
jeremyjay46
Racer

Originally Posted by 7795TAs
Has anybody tryed a C6 Corvette Partition Subwoofer Box from Subthump.com I have been looking at this box for my setup. Its for only a single or dual 8" subs which will be more than enough for me. I dont know if its against forum rules to post the link. Could be an option for the OP.
I can't speak for this particular box... but I will say that I have worked extensively with Steve at Subthump on the development of his dual 10" sub box. Not only is it a great product (fits well, very high quality, carpet is a near perfect match), but Steve is a stand-up guy and I wouldn't hesitate trying anything from him. The quality surpasses the price.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:53 PM
7795TAs
Instructor

Originally Posted by jeremyjay46
I can't speak for this particular box... but I will say that I have worked extensively with Steve at Subthump on the development of his dual 10" sub box. Not only is it a great product (fits well, very high quality, carpet is a near perfect match), but Steve is a stand-up guy and I wouldn't hesitate trying anything from him. The quality surpasses the price.
Thanks for the info
Old 02-12-2011, 12:09 AM
0Subman99
Former Vendor

Default Sub Box

[IMG][/IMG]
Light weight and sounds Great at any volume. Keep your top in the back also!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Show Me Your Subs

Old 02-24-2011, 08:55 AM
VICOUS
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

looks great will that fit 2 JL 10w3's
Old 06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
sumphead
Advanced

Finally finished and leather wrapped
Old 06-28-2011, 04:34 PM
00Hawk#140
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can someone tell me if you loose much sound quality with having the sub in the back rear corner ? I was told by one installer it should be placed like the one in this last posters. I really cant put one there and have a custom enclosure in the back corner and plan on having a bigger enclosure build in the same area, I have a ID idq d2 v3 10Sub and i really want it to sound it's best. If I go with a sealed 1ft box in a kinda triangular shape would that sound ok ? Or should I shoot for 1.2 ft ? I listen to mostly heavy metal music (korn/hellyeah,godsmack) and want decent fast kick drums etc out of the sub.

I know this isn't my orig post but it might help the orig poster too

thx

Quick Reply: C6 Show Me Your Subs