Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radio Works but No Sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 09:42 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

With the radio on the white wire at pin B3 of the big plug should have +12vDC to trigger on the oem amp and door subs.

C6 prints are HERE
Old 07-21-2016, 01:31 PM
mochi
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
With the radio on the white wire at pin B3 of the big plug should have +12vDC to trigger on the oem amp and door subs.

C6 prints are HERE
hi there,

yes im getting 12v continuously there even when i turn off the radio and also when i turn off the car. I hear a slight "pop" when I turn the vol from min to one notch above and vice versa. like the amp or the radio is coming on. im not sure

thanks!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:23 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

In C6 the chimes are generated by the radio and played by the speakers via the amp, so the B3 trigger wire is hot as soon as you open a door and stays hot for a few minutes after the car is locked, it's normal that it doesn't just come on with the radio itself.

Without just throwing parts at the car, you'd have to troubleshoot with known good parts. Even an aftermarket radio will do with an interface adapter.

Where are you located?
Old 07-21-2016, 11:27 PM
mochi
5th Gear

Originally Posted by markcz
In C6 the chimes are generated by the radio and played by the speakers via the amp, so the B3 trigger wire is hot as soon as you open a door and stays hot for a few minutes after the car is locked, it's normal that it doesn't just come on with the radio itself.

Without just throwing parts at the car, you'd have to troubleshoot with known good parts. Even an aftermarket radio will do with an interface adapter.

Where are you located?
I see. I will have to check that when i lock the car and see if it changes. I do not have any spare parts or any aftermarket radio on hand but if anyone on the forum has a radio please let me know.

I'm located east of downtown CA. I'm not sure if there is a good test without extra parts for me to know if it is a bad radio, amp or signals

Thank you
Old 07-31-2016, 09:46 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

The radio worked before taking the car to the shop and it leaves with a broken radio. Out of curiosity, why didn't you go back to the body guy?
Old 08-16-2016, 10:42 PM
mochi
5th Gear

is there anyone on this thread that has a stock radio for sale in the south CA area?
Old 01-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Brad's LS3 Vette
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I just had this same exact problem. I installed a Z06 oil cooler on my 2012 C6 Grand Sport and decided to pull the battery cables before I started the project.. Well I got distracted and only pulled the negative terminal. Car sat for a few hours while installing the oil cooler, but when I got everything put back together... No sound was coming out of my Speakers. I checked all fuses and everything was fine. Then I went last ditch and pulled the positive cable on the battery and let the car sit for 10 minutes. Hooked it back up and the speakers WORKED again!

Hope this helps. Just a rare occasion of a simple fix.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:24 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Hi,
I have a after market HU and recently it will not have sound until I have been driving then it for a while and then it will come on sometimes. I have checked the connections.
The HU looks like its working. I changed the factory amp but still no change. It has one of those PAC TR-12 and RP3-GM11 interface things. Could that be the issue?

Thanks
Christian

Quick Reply: Radio Works but No Sound