Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wireless rear view cameras?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 03:42 PM
clyjr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wireless rear view cameras?

Has anyone had any experience with any of the wireless rear view cameras? I've seen several wireless adapters available, I have a 2013 C6 and I don't really want to take the interior apart to run a backup camera, so I was wondering if a wireless camera would work decent?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Costco had one online for about $160. I installed it on the neighbors 2010 Cadillac SRX. Only thing I didn't really care for is the monitor that clips over existing mirror. Picture looks excellent but you can still see the outline of where the monitor is and mirror is a little darker than normal mirror. Other than that, it works great. She loves it and uses it all the time.
Chris
Old 01-22-2014, 01:59 PM
clyjr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone have experience with the wireless adapters that you can use with an aftermarket radio? That's more what I'm talking about, my pioneer HU has backup capability. I saw on ebay/amazon/etc... where they have rca to wifi adapters that you can use on backup cameras but I've seen a wide range of reviews... Something like this,
Amazon.com: 2.4g Wireless Color Video Transmitter and Receiver for the Vehicle Backup Camera/front Car Camera: Car Electronics Amazon.com: 2.4g Wireless Color Video Transmitter and Receiver for the Vehicle Backup Camera/front Car Camera: Car Electronics
Old 01-22-2014, 10:08 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

i have one on my car trailer so I can see behind me.
Its not the best. I am going to find a better way to connect one direct to radio.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
i have one on my car trailer so I can see behind me.
Its not the best. I am going to find a better way to connect one direct to radio.
Get 2 pair of male/female QD plugs with at least 4 pins at radio shack. Connect one complete set to car mounted camera with plug near the rear bumper, and one of other set to wires on the trailer. That way you can have a normal camera on the trailer (that will show up on nav unit automatically when in reverse) with a QD plug that you can swap out in a few seconds.

I know a guy who can get you the camera CHEAP
Old 03-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Wampa
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I installed a wireless camera for a friend on his work pickup truck...sucked. I ended up running hard wire into cab and mounting transmitter under dash to get it close enough to receiver to get a reliable clear picture. I think you will save time/money/headache to go with a wired camera
Old 04-10-2014, 12:11 PM
bonnell
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I wouldn't put this in my vette but I may put in in my wife's SUV:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4G-Wireles...-/111318202357

Get notified of new replies

To wireless rear view cameras?

Quick Reply: wireless rear view cameras?