Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Factory amp type?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 09:13 PM
jeremysz
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Factory amp type?

I am trying to put an aftermarket headunit in my wife’s 2006 C6. I am using an Axxess ax-gmcl2-swc interface. In the instructions it has directions for both analog and digital amps, which type do these cars have? Her car has a 7 speaker Bose system. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:05 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Follow the directions for digital amplifier. I'm not sure why they word it that way. Either your car has an factory amplifier or not, very simple, but they try to word it to make it more complicated and confusing.

I always prefer the Pac Audio interfaces. They are not perfect either, but I always consider them the best available option.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:16 PM
jeremysz
Instructor

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
Follow the directions for digital amplifier. I'm not sure why they word it that way. Either your car has an factory amplifier or not, very simple, but they try to word it to make it more complicated and confusing.

I always prefer the Pac Audio interfaces. They are not perfect either, but I always consider them the best available option.

Ok, I will do that. I had actually bought this interface for another vehicle I had and it will work on the Vette so I figured I would give it a try. If it don’t work for some reason I will definitely get a PAC one. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:43 PM
dave.f
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremysz
Ok, I will do that. I had actually bought this interface for another vehicle I had and it will work on the Vette so I figured I would give it a try. If it don’t work for some reason I will definitely get a PAC one. Thanks for the help.
sorry to resurrect an old thread, but how did that interface work, i've been looking at using that in mine.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:46 PM
jeremysz
Instructor

Originally Posted by dave.f
sorry to resurrect an old thread, but how did that interface work, i've been looking at using that in mine.
It worked great. We don’t have the car anymore so I can’t speak to how well it works long term but it did great for as long as we had the car.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:21 PM
dave.f
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremysz
It worked great. We don’t have the car anymore so I can’t speak to how well it works long term but it did great for as long as we had the car.
Awesome, thanks for the info

Get notified of new replies

To Factory amp type?

Quick Reply: Factory amp type?