Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finally my system is done!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 04:45 PM
DNAST1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 266 Likes on 130 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C5 of the Year Winner - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C8) - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C6) - Modified
2022 C8 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Default Finally my system is done!

First of all, I want to give a shout out to CF members TorchRedFred, Pb82Ronin, Racebum, and UmCanesZ06for advice given. It has been a long road getting my system together since being ripped off from DD mods a year ago! I ordered a system package and only receiving the sub and sub box. TorchRedFred started out with the same system package I was supposed to receive and over time he made changes to his system, which made me hesitant to use the sub and box received.

I have a full size single 12-inch sub in my C5, and I also wondered if I would be satisfied with the sound of a shallow sub. I/we were both concerned about space and wanted minimum footprint but quality sound. I also had a wind restrictor in the rear hatch area I did not want to get rid of since it was custom. DD mods sub box was small enough for both without taking up a lot of room.

Reaching out to others above who responded to my questions and using their advice, I started leaning toward a fullsize sub, what brand, and size speakers to use in the front and rear.

I had my mind made up which way I was going to go, and then UmcanesZo6 advertised his system for sale, which I could not pass up! (Yes, bought without hearing first!)

When I finally got home from deployment, I checked out the system received and found out the sub box he had custom made for the center hatch did not fit mine! (seepics). I don’t know when Chevy changed the rear center hatch area on the C6 but you can see mine is flat and not inverted.

I was going to do the work myself, (I did my C5 system myself back in day but my skills were limited to building a box myself.)

I went to one of the recommended stereo shops closest to me

DDMOD subbox

DDMod subbox

Box received from UmCanesZ06

Box in my rear hatch not inverted

Wind restrictor lit up

Wind restrictor natural light

New box cover off

Night shot.

Left

Center

Center

Right
with everything to include both sub boxes to see what they recommended as we talked it over.

Well, I ended up ditching both sub boxes and them making a custom ported down firing box to include the amps, and wind restrictor plexiglas inscription which lights up.

The workmanship, and sound is incredible! I am extremely happy! A huge shout out to House Of Sound of Houston for doing quality work!

Here is the list of components of my system:

Alpine ILX 207 (chose this one because pre-out was 4v vs2v on the ILX 107)

Alpine KCX-C250MC multi-camera interface

2 Pyle PLCM38FRV cameras front/rear

Hertz HCP 2 amp for rear

Hertz HDP4 1st version which now is the ML4 for front and sub

Hertz MPK165P Pro front speakers

Audison prima APX5 rear speakers

Sundown SA-10 d2 sub
Old 09-14-2018, 04:49 PM
DNAST1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry I don’t know how my pics were posted in the middle of text!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:30 PM
UmCanesZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks great. So, what are your thoughts on the hertz components and the sundown sub?
Old 09-15-2018, 12:09 PM
DNAST1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by UmCanesZ06
Looks great. So, what are your thoughts on the hertz components and the sundown sub?
To be honest with you I have been out of the audio technology for quite awhile since I did my C5 system back in 2003. Then I use Pioneer and Kicker. Technology has come a long way since then! These companies that I never heard of and some that I do, have made the Amps more compact, more options, that make my head spin! Same goes for speakers. The Sundown sub hits pretty hard!

For now, I have to say I am very pleased with the Hertz line up! The tuner left the HU EQ flat and used the crossovers from the Amps. So with the Alpine HU, I have a lot options to play with to fine tune to my liking (EQ, custom tunes to download from others with Alpine app) to include Time Alignment. If I mess something up, I can always go back and reset which is nice! So looking forward to playing around with my new toy!
Old 09-15-2018, 12:48 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

DNAST1, wow!!! That box looks awesome. Makes those other boxes you were considering look like they were built by preschoolers, lol. You have a lot of nice equipment there, definitely looks great and it looks like it should sound great too.

Glad it all worked out though. I remember PM'ing you about my concerns about Dennis and my order, and then I ended up getting my order and you didn't. Sometimes things work out in the end regardless as I wasn't happy with that set up anyway since I was expecting more from my aftermarket setup. All the stuff I got in that order has since been replaced and is long gone but it was a long road of redoing my system more times than I wanted to get to where I am now. I think I'm finally satisfied enough with my system to be done for now, lol. Enjoy that ZR-1, having a true sound system definitely adds to the enjoyment of owning a Corvette.
The following users liked this post:
DNAST1 (09-15-2018)
Old 03-02-2020, 09:40 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I went the cheap way, bought one!
Old 03-03-2020, 12:45 PM
mfi2000
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

Looks good...

Get notified of new replies

To Finally my system is done!

Quick Reply: Finally my system is done!