Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 subwoofer box ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 10:49 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I decided to fill the rear deck with foam....now it sounds like a solid door instead of a hollow cave!

Old 03-25-2019, 05:06 AM
Boostedsvt
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
I decided to fill the rear deck with foam....now it sounds like a solid door instead of a hollow cave!

That’s the only part of mine I haven’t touched yet. I was thinking of dynomat but wasn’t sure how to get the panel off. You’d think that I’d have taken the time to figure it out since I did everything else but honestly got a little lazy there at the end!

Had to trim around where the door panel touches the door on the first one to get the door panel back on.

That’s why this door doesn’t have quite as much dynomat on it.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:51 AM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Also check all the wire connectors...the large white one to the trunk lock bracket can rattle along with the fuel door release one.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:39 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Just happen to pop in here. I put a CDT 8" Subwoofer, was not happy with it and changed to a JL Audio 8W1v3" subwoofer in my left rear cubby, with a build up of roughly 3.5 inches of MDF that matched the opening to give it the proper airspace. I made the MDF extension the exact same size as the cubby cover, the top layer had black speaker fabric. The cubby was lined with Dynamat. I then built a box, that sat behind the very front of the hatch area and blended in with the lip of the hatch front that covered the amp and crossovers. It was as wide as the rear, and about 8 inches in depth. I covered it in the exact black carpeting as the hatch carpeting. The amp had a connection for a computer fan and the box and allowed some, not great circulation of cool air. I never had an issue of thermal shutdown and I played my system LOUD. When I drove by people would come running out of their houses screaming and yelling because they thought the band was going by..
If you were not intimately familiar with the C6 hatch area you would never know the amp/crossovers and sub had been added.
I filled the cubby with roughly just over 1/2 with polyfill and if I really cranked up the bass I could feel the air kicking the back of my seat.
I have pics somewhere, I just need to find them.
I have to give credit to another Forum member that put a sub in the rear cubby, I just took it step further for my taste.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:51 AM
bdanyluk
Drifting

I also filled in the rear cubbies with foam, I am covering them up with the sub box and amps anyway, might as well fill it with foam. Only thing I ever put in there was my Exhaust commander thingy to open the muffler valves.

I am putting the fatmat in the doors, then 1/2" foam, then the weighted vinyl stuff, then 1/2" foam again....hopefully the door panel fits with all that. I covered the open holes in the doors with 1/2" mdf that I coated in wood glue to make them waterproof.

Old 03-27-2019, 04:35 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Large heavy glue soaked MDF in the doors, giant nuts and bolts, filling the rear cubbies with spray foam, and some of the ugliest sub boxes I have seen. I can't say I like much in this thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by TorchRedFred:
Curt D (04-20-2019), SPSandman (06-28-2022)
Old 03-27-2019, 04:54 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Yup...this thread is for special people like me who dont give a crap about what others think. But someone somewhere, will enjoy it.

Sharing good ideas is great...and sharing bad ideas is even better, so people can see how not to do things.

Whatever your opinion is...its the right one...because you have the freedom to think whatever you want. Other countries dont have such freedoms.
The following users liked this post:
compugeek5150 (09-30-2023)
Old 03-27-2019, 05:03 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
Yup...this thread is for special people like me who dont give a crap about what others think. But someone somewhere, will enjoy it.

Sharing good ideas is great...and sharing bad ideas is even better, so people can see how not to do things.

Whatever your opinion is...its the right one...because you have the freedom to think whatever you want. Other countries dont have such freedoms.

Good answer. Not trying to **** anyone off, I just have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. It seems to cause problems everywhere I go.
The following users liked this post:
SPSandman (06-28-2022)

Quick Reply: C6 subwoofer box ideas