Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 subwoofer box ideas

Old 03-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Boostedsvt
CF Senior Member

Default C6 subwoofer box ideas

Well, I built this gigantic box for my C6 and it sucked. Tonight I cut it down, a lot, took all the little compartments I made off and it sounds way better. Itís a subwoofer placement issue. The box I have will not work and Iím back to the drawing board. Iíve taken a couple of pics of some of yíallís boxes and am studying them. I ran across this tonight while using google, looking for other ideas and I like it. I was wondering if anyone else has used their boxes?

https://www.netaudiowf.com/product/2...box-c6-ported/

I really like the idea of a ported box as thatís all Iíve ever used. The box I built is sealed and it just doesnít play the low bass that I like. My subwoofer manual gives me the specs I need to build a ported box but where this one fits is exactly where I need it to and with a price tag of $225 plus whatever, it seems like a bargain. When you ad up the materials that I need to build another box, seal it cause I canít seem to cut straight lines to save my life, carpet it and just the time it takes to do it I think a prefab may be the better option. The subwoofer is a 12Ē Morel Ultimo SC. If anyone has any better ideas, please chime in. I do want to be able to store my top.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:45 PM
TorchRedFred
CF Senior Member

You can check out subthump.com. Here is a thread with one of their boxes. They also have a down firing box for the C6.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...oofer-box.html

http://subthump.com/
Old 03-14-2019, 12:54 PM
TurboLX
CF Senior Member

I ran into the placement issue too where I figured out that cancellation was hampering low end performance in my car. I ended up making a different enclosure that moved the driver to a more central location to reduce the cancellation and I got a significant improvement in low end response.

HERE'S THE THREAD. I have since moved to a different configuration, but I still have the box/driver if you're interested in the for sale section HERE.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:31 PM
Boostedsvt
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TurboLX View Post
I ran into the placement issue too where I figured out that cancellation was hampering low end performance in my car. I ended up making a different enclosure that moved the driver to a more central location to reduce the cancellation and I got a significant improvement in low end response.

HERE'S THE THREAD. I have since moved to a different configuration, but I still have the box/driver if you're interested in the for sale section HERE.
Did you seem to get the best results from the back of the car? I talked to a guy at the stereo shop of the link I posted and he said the best placement for the subwoofer was at the rear of the car, slanted slightly up toward the glass. Iíve decided to try to build another box. Iím going to do a ported one this time. Please share pics of what you decided on this time. Iíve already got a pretty nice subwoofer and am trying to use it.
Old Today, 08:46 AM
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member

I wanted something that looked like it may have come from the factory, so I just installed a sub in a box that fits in one of the rear cubby holes on my 2011 GS.

Sound is good ...

Last edited by Turbo6TA; Today at 08:48 AM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: