Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 C6 Vette and music via bluetooth audio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 10:40 AM
CarolynnM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 C6 Vette and music via bluetooth audio?

i have a galaxy android phone and a 2013 c6 vette. How do i play my music on my phone via bluetooth? ps 1.the phone is paired but only phone calls work via bluettoth
2. get a "Device Not Detected" error msg if i attempt to use aux cable via console.
HELP... please.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:10 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Unfortunately the bluetooth in a C6 is only for phone calls and will not stream music. Some have purchased a small bluetooth adapter that plugs into your aux cable jack to stream music wirelessly from your phone. I ended up replacing the head unit with a Pioneer so I never used one but members claim it works well.
The following users liked this post:
CarolynnM (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:18 AM
CarolynnM
3rd Gear

Thank you touchredfred!! where do i purchse these bluetooth adaptors for my car? What exactly are they called, just a "bluetooth adaptor"?
Old 06-25-2019, 12:02 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

You can find them on Amazon or even at a Walmart. I think the cost is usually between $15-25 for one. I did a search for "bluetooth aux adapter for car" on Amazon and a few come up. Not sure which brand is best or if it matters. They plug into the auxiliary jack and you have to charge them every so often since they run on an eternal battery.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:16 PM
CarolynnM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by torchredfred
you can find them on amazon or even at a walmart. I think the cost is usually between $15-25 for one. I did a search for "bluetooth aux adapter for car" on amazon and a few come up. Not sure which brand is best or if it matters. They plug into the auxiliary jack and you have to charge them every so often since they run on an eternal battery.
thank you!!

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 C6 Vette and music via bluetooth audio?

Quick Reply: 2013 C6 Vette and music via bluetooth audio?