Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Kenwood navigation receiver question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Fast one
Safety Car

Received 348 Likes on 220 Posts

Default Kenwood navigation receiver question

I installed a DNX995S and the dimmer function has two levels, normal and bright. There is no gradual brightness control from the car dimmer. Is this how Kenwood designs the dimmer or is mine wired wrong?
Old 07-08-2019, 02:43 PM
lovinmyls1
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I too will be installing a DNX995S soon and have been researching how to hook everything as its been many years since I have done one.
So I ran across this post concerning several subjects including illumination....have a look: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ddx-9905s.html
Old 07-12-2019, 03:09 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast one
I installed a DNX995S and the dimmer function has two levels, normal and bright. There is no gradual brightness control from the car dimmer. Is this how Kenwood designs the dimmer or is mine wired wrong?
The illumination is controlled by the lighting circuit, it's only a on/off type thing when your headlights are on or off, so your brightness control from the car dimmer has no affect on the brightness of the display

Last edited by madsonp; 07-12-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Kenwood navigation receiver question

Quick Reply: Kenwood navigation receiver question