Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Kenwood navigation receiver question

Old 07-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Fast one
CF Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Kenwood navigation receiver question

I installed a DNX995S and the dimmer function has two levels, normal and bright. There is no gradual brightness control from the car dimmer. Is this how Kenwood designs the dimmer or is mine wired wrong?
Old 07-08-2019, 02:43 PM
lovinmyls1
CF Senior Member

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I too will be installing a DNX995S soon and have been researching how to hook everything as its been many years since I have done one.
So I ran across this post concerning several subjects including illumination....have a look: http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...ddx-9905s.html
Old 07-12-2019, 03:09 AM
madsonp
CF Senior Member

Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast one View Post
I installed a DNX995S and the dimmer function has two levels, normal and bright. There is no gradual brightness control from the car dimmer. Is this how Kenwood designs the dimmer or is mine wired wrong?
The illumination is controlled by the lighting circuit, it's only a on/off type thing when your headlights are on or off, so your brightness control from the car dimmer has no affect on the brightness of the display

Last edited by madsonp; 07-12-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kenwood navigation receiver question

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: