Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

4200NEX Rear View Camera quit working

Old 07-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Nate_M
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 4200NEX Rear View Camera quit working

I've had my rear view camera working when I put the car into reverse for nearly two years. It started getting kinda flaky this year but I didn't think anything of it at first. Now, it simply won't turn on automatically when I put it into reverse. I can manually activate the camera via the settings, but not matter what combination I use I can't get it to automatically turn on. Has anybody else had any issues with this? I'm really trying to avoid pulling the dash apart again just to check the wire, but I'm quickly running out of options.

Thanks,

Nate
Old 07-12-2019, 05:02 PM
TorchRedFred
CF Senior Member

Received 508 Likes on 418 Posts

Nate, any luck figuring it out? I'm curious if you have reverse lights when in reverse?

Anyway, free bump to the top for this thread.

Last edited by TorchRedFred; 07-12-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:08 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Run a wire from the Reverse light positive to the camera interrupter lead wire to the NEX. Also just check to see if your reverse lights are active.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Nate_M
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred View Post
Nate, any luck figuring it out? I'm curious if you have reverse lights when in reverse?

Anyway, free bump to the top for this thread.
Hey Torch, thanks for the bump. Haven't had time to take the console a part yet. I know the reverse lights come on when I put it in reverse, and the camera did work on a random drive the other day, but quit again. Who knows. I'll try to pin down a couple hours next weekend and see if the purple/white wire is the issue and let you know.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:09 PM
madsonp
CF Senior Member

Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate_M View Post
Hey Torch, thanks for the bump. Haven't had time to take the console a part yet. I know the reverse lights come on when I put it in reverse, and the camera did work on a random drive the other day, but quit again. Who knows. I'll try to pin down a couple hours next weekend and see if the purple/white wire is the issue and let you know.
Could be the RCA connection where your camera connects to the head unit could have come loose also. Check the power wire and ground for the camera too.

Last edited by madsonp; 07-16-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:15 AM
Pb82 Ronin
CF Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

I agree...for sure a connection issue with the camera. You have to take the console/HU to investigate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4200NEX Rear View Camera quit working

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: