Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summit Point National this weekend......

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:17 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Summit Point National this weekend......

Just dropped the car off at Summit Point. This is the first National of the Northeast Division and likely the largest T1 field short of the Runoffs! Everything looks good on the car, lets hope she and i can make it through this weekend with no breakage and some points towards the runoffs! I am in a group of class A competitors so I will have my work cut out for me! Should be a blast!

Joe
Old 04-07-2006, 06:27 AM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper02Z06
Just dropped the car off at Summit Point. This is the first National of the Northeast Division and likely the largest T1 field short of the Runoffs! Everything looks good on the car, lets hope she and i can make it through this weekend with no breakage and some points towards the runoffs! I am in a group of class A competitors so I will have my work cut out for me! Should be a blast!

Joe
Joe, I will be there with the Phoenix gang.

What is your car number? I'll come by and say hello.

Frank G.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:47 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper02Z06

Joe

Good Luck!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:29 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Good Luck Joe
Old 04-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Do try not to bend anythign!

I'll see you sunday!

Mike
Old 04-07-2006, 09:12 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

What is your car number? I'll come by and say hello.
Frank,

Joe's car is the red #86. He is paddocked with the "Phoenix Gang," so he'll be hard to miss. BTW: stop by the #40 car and say "hi." I am right across from AJ, Dr Bob and Joe.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Bob 33
Racer

See you guys tomorrow at Summit. Today is "Seat Time" at Summit, but I'm passing it up to get some work done. Look forward to seeing (but not doing) some good driving tomorrow and meeting Joe A and some of the other T-1 crowd.

Bob 33
Old 04-09-2006, 09:56 AM
JRD77VET
Team Owner

St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Any updates?
Old 04-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Bob 33
Racer

I just returned from Summit, leaving just after the combined T-1/T-2/ T-3 run. Andrew Aquilante came in first overall in his Viper with several Vettes in hot pursuit, one (black #17) closing the gap until the checkered. Andrew drove very well but also benefited from a huge early lead in this large and mixed field. There were several highly placed Subarus who cashed-in on a cold rainy qualifying day yeaterday to get high qualifying positions. After a few laps, they were eventually passed by the faster Vettes. I leave more accurate, better informed, points-oriented entrants to post the details of who did what. An interesting development was that Corvette Master John Heinricy drove a Cobalt as did Joe A. in T-3. Heinrocket's Cobalt did not finish, pulling into the pits fairly early in the run. Meeting and having the opportunity to talk with John was an unanticipated pleasure. It was also a pleasure to finally put some faces together with some names at Summit.

Bob 33
Old 04-09-2006, 07:08 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

how about finish order of T1 ??
Old 04-09-2006, 09:12 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by the blur
how about finish order of T1 ??
I only know:

1st Andrew Aquilante
2nd Lance Knupp
Old 04-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Bob 33
Racer

Aquiilante (1) and Knupp (#17) (2) are also all I recall for sure, as noted above. Between the mixed classes running simultaneously, iffy sound system, and no results posted ala football scores on a giant scoreboard, SCCA does not make it easy to keep track. I'm fairly certain of the top 4 or 5 but think it best for the actual competitors to chime in with the accurate results. There were a few excursions, but, again, I leave this matter to the principals who can provide a more vivid account. As I left, a giant herd of Spec Miatas were savaging each other as they were buzzing around the track.

Bob 33
Old 04-09-2006, 11:24 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

I left the track well before final results were posted. I jsut got home after a 5 hour drive, so I am VERY tired:

1. Andrew Aquilante (Viper)
2. Lance Knupp (C5)
3. Mike Scornivachi (C5) good job Mike!
4. Pete Kulka
5. Cliff Murray (I think)
6. Bob Kahn (blind man's bluff!)
7. Jason Berkeley
8. ?
9. David Pintaric
10. Judi Warren
11 ?
12 ?

ABS tripped off (going over curbing) causing me to flat spot front tires while in 3rd... and NO ONE close behind me. Eventually the tire went flat on lap 21 (of 23) while I was in 4th. Car is dirty but otherwise unhurt. Now I am planning on going to New Hampshire to reclaim lost points from this race...

Last edited by BuckeyeZ06; 04-10-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:35 AM
jasonberkeley
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I was running right behind Dave on the opening lap, going into turn 3, and it fealt like somebody tapped my right rear, or something went horribly wrong with the brakes for a second) and the car snap-spun around, off-track to driver's left. I got back on about 3/4 of the way back, stuck in with all the SSC and SSB cars, and managed to climb back up to 6th (thanks in no large part to the misfortune of others like Mike Solley, Joe Gaudette, and Dave Pintaric- not the way I wanted to move back up- sorry to hear about those guys problems!). With three laps to go, I started having fuel pick-up issues (I should have put an extra gallon in!), and had no power above 5,000 revs, which allowed Bob Kahn to get me, so I wound up 7th and Bob Kahn was 6th.

I came real close to wrecking hard into a berm and tree at driver's left after I got tapped. The weekend could have been better, but it could have been worse!

Nice meeting Joe Gaudette, and seeing Dave Pintaric! Sorry to hear about your problems! Hopefully we will all have a better next race!

Jason
Old 04-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Bob 33
Racer

Great job, Andrew and Lance, who would have had great dual if the race was a couple of laps longer. I was at Turn 10, and they finished a few car lengths apart, from my perspective. Lance was slowly shortening Andrews huge early lead. Mike Scornivachi in blue #99 did a great job clawing his was up through the traffic to finish 3rd. Place figuring was complicated because of traffic and because several contending red Vettes suddenly disappeared. (Hmmm? It's been awhile, did they get passed, or are they not coming???) There was no drama at turn 10 were I was posted. Amy Ruman ran off and left everyone in the GT1 class. Love hearing those monsters rumble by!

Bob 33
Old 04-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, Joe had a bit of a scare... He went off at the end of the front straight at better than 120mph. His brakes apparently boiled the fluid from racing through the pack and they gave out. Fortunately he didn't hit anyone, and didn't get stuck in the peas... He did try to do another lap, but had picked up so much crap in the drivers rear tire bead that the car was vibrating pretty hard.

It was good watching you guy run, and I came away with a better perspective... They should run you guys with the GT1/2 cars... Would make for less slow traffic!

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Summit Point National this weekend......

Quick Reply: Summit Point National this weekend......