Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1967 427/390 convertible project

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:30 PM
bkeese
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Mosport and dBanks, I sure am glad you and your brother didn't get by baby. Talk about word, your tell half truths and lies. First, never did I ever say 30K -35K that was a dream. Second, Dan tried to force a right of first refusal down my throat, which I refused. I told him he would only get first right of refusal after we reached a deal which we never did, thank God. Dan you are extremely pushy and I don't respond well to that. You said you were about to jump in the car and drive down and I told you not to, we haven't reached a deal. There were at least a half a dozen people who I had talked to before you that I wanted to hear from. Third, I was talking to someone who offered me $35,000 when you called and I didn't accept. I called you back only after he was done and while you attempted to force me to accept your offer, he called back. I did put you on hold (just about the only thruthful thing you said) just as I did him when you called. He then offered $40,000 and I accepted and told your brother who proceeded to call me every name in the book and I hung up on him. Not the kind of people I want to do business with nor should anyone else. Forth, Dan's offer was contingent on a "through inspection", like removing the paint from the pad and who knows what else. He is a self proclaimed "Number freak", and these terms were unacceptable to me.

Did I ever accept your offer, Not no, but HELL NO!

DBanks, I'm in it for the money, who are you kidding. I've owned this car for 12 years, 62 #1 for 25 years and 62 #2 for 30 years. My first car was a 62 which I sold to go back to school, the second vette I sold was a 71 which I owned for 5 year and the last vette before this one was my 1953 that I owned for 10 years.

You my friend are 23, how many years have you been in the hobby? I'm in it for the Love!!!!!!!!!!! You are in the vette restoration business and I'm in it for the money, "What a joke!"

It isn't sold until the seller says sold not the other way round.

If you hadn't noticed from above post, I'm a little sensitive on the subject of my vettes.

Vettes for me are a love affair and I'm particular about who gets them.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:41 PM
SBR
Safety Car

Received 678 Likes on 382 Posts

I don't know what happened but on your first post it clearly lists the price of your car at 35K. It's your car and your right to sell it as you wish but maybe you should have stated best offer or offers over 35K.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:47 PM
mbeeman350
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'07-'09

So can the seller confirm that the car is sold?
I am a native Marylander... and was ready to make the trip to look at the car
Old 10-15-2010, 11:05 PM
MosportGreen66
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Bob,

I was not going to dignify your lies with a response, but I thought it was better to justify the reasoning for my second post.

To answer some of the questions and comments you pose... It is interesting to me that you refer to the Corvette you just sold as your “baby”. Typically, when that term is used it means there is deep care for the automobile. Changing the list price of a car to maximize the money you profit on a car clearly is not worthy of the term “baby”. Situations like this take the fun out of the hobby.

Dan never forced right of refusal down your throat. That was a term you did not have a problem agreeing with when your original price range was still reasonable in your mind! Dan offered to get in the car and come down to Maryland being that, that was the next step in the “deal” to finalize the transaction. Did you actually want to sell the car or keep it?

Who buys an accident damaged Corvette without inspecting it first? I do not care if the car was priced at $1,000 or $100,000, it is simply unreasonable to ever imagine a sight unseen transaction. Second, you advertise the car as being an “original motor”. How can you expect a potential buyer to make a deal with you with thick orange paint on the engine pad surface? Better yet, how do you know it is the original motor with that thick paint on the pad? And you question Dan’s idea of an inspection? In the economy we are in, with the classic car market the way it is, you really question a buyer wanting to make sure a long time investment (to be) is original? The first thing a knowledgeable buyer will do is check the tags and remove the paint from the engine pad to verify its originality. Or maybe when Dan suggested that you just panicked because you are hiding something? Regardless it is not my problem… Thankfully!

Let’s be honest Bob, Dan did not call you every name in the book nor is he pushy. That is completely fabricated. Dan is a stand up guy with a great reputation and you my friend are not telling the truth. You fished for Dan to increase his offer and when he asked what he needed to do to secure the deal you did not respond. Then you answered a different call and accepted an offer without seeing if Dan would even match the price.

Dan and I are young and do own a small scale restoration shop. We’ve been around cars since before I can remember. It is a part time operation where we deal with one - two customers at a time. We have clients on this forum, we have clients that own some of the largest collections in the world and the work we have done has been highlighted domestically and internationally. And no we are not in it for the money. Our business was and is based on trust, honesty, passion and fun. Which of those qualities do you have? But this is not about my company, this is about ethics. If you wanted $40,000 that is perfectly fine, but be honest and tell all interested parties that is what you want. You did no good by wasting my brother’s time and selling the car WHILE HE WAS ON HOLD!

I hope your deal goes through, I hope the new owner is satisfied with the car he got and I hope the moderators of this excellent forum realize that you used their website as a means to sell your car while upsetting other members.

Have a nice weekend,
Dave

Last edited by MosportGreen66; 10-15-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:15 AM
69-z28
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 67 project

I wasn't going to say anything but I cant let Bob get beat up alone about his sale of one of his (babies). I to spent a part 2 days trying to buy Bobs car.

I first saw his posting at 4am on the 14th and informed him I was very interested in his car. I left bob my # and asked him to call me.
About 8am on the 14th Bob emailed me back and said he would get some pictures on the 15th because he had the day off and would talk to me when he got home from work that night.

I again emailed Bob again at 12PM on the 14th telling Bob I would take his car for his asking price if the car was hit as he described.

Bob called me when he got home from work on the 14th and I believe I was the first person he talked with. He explained to me his love of corvettes and about his 62's he owns and that he really hates to sell the 67 but something came up and he needed the cash fast .

I again told Bob if The pictures of the car showed what he was describing I would take the car. He again told me he really hated to sell the car but something came up. He also said he was overwhelmed with all the responses and wondered if he cut himself short pricing his car at 35k.

On the 15th at around 2pm I saw the pictures Bob posted . After seeing them I was sure I wanted the car. I called Bob and Explained to him I wanted the car. He said he had a bunch of people that also wanted it. Then Bob got a beep and said Ill be right back. I guess one of the other interested parties called. Bob came back on in about 2minutes and he was sorry for the interruption.We again talked about the car and I explained to him I wanted the car from what I saw in the pictures. He than said I have a few people that also wanted it for the 35k. I told bob let me think on it and hung up the phone.

I called Bob back in 5 minutes and said Bob what will it take to buy your car right now. I offered 40k he agreed. Done Deal.

Here's How I look at it with the prices these cars are fetching. Its like buying a house . The asking price is 100k and the real estate agent tells you there's a bunch of people interested in it at that price your going to have to offer more. I offered what I thought the car was worth to me.
And got the car.

I commend Bob for not starting a bidding war. It could have got ugly.

Last edited by 69-z28; 10-16-2010 at 03:19 AM. Reason: added
Old 10-16-2010, 09:38 AM
DBanks
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 69-z28
I commend Bob for not starting a bidding war. It could have got ugly.
He created a bidding war, or at least tried to. Bob asked me repeatedly what my offer over $40,000 was. I said I'm not interested in playing games. I'm glad you got the car. I hope its not a restamped motor.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:10 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

with all that has been said can see both side to this need to lock this post.....Man needs the money and really didnt want to sell the car. Story closed..... Man I am sorry that you had to sell it for what ever reason.....
Old 10-16-2010, 10:45 AM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

OK, this is over.

Quick Reply: 1967 427/390 convertible project