C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Midyear Market Values

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 12:02 PM
NINETNINEVETT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ricks327
I think their value is going to follow the stock market.
BJs get the big $$$ but that is not what you can usually get on the street. Remember that you pay 8% over the price to B.J. commission. Then you pay state taxes. Very few cars can make it to B.J. Most of the buyer could not get their money that they invested back when they pursche from b.J. When the market is strong every thing is strong and when inflation worries hit the market few buy the big priced toys. B.J. cars in most cases are not good investments. The only real winner out of all of this is B.J. and the speed channel.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:26 PM
gpizz
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I firmly believe that older muscle cars and midyear corvettes specifically are still very popular with the younger car guys(generation-x). I own a 01 Z06(530RWHP), a 01 Viper GTS, and several midyear vettes. I get more thumbs up and more more crowds of younger people when I drive my old vettes than I do with my other newer cars. The younger guys tell me the old vettes "look cooler", "sound meaner" and are funner to drive than the others.

Quick Reply: Midyear Market Values