C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Pictures of the newest addition and collection

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 05:57 PM
4440stevesvette
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

: smiliedrool::t humbs:
Old 12-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,014 Likes on 2,532 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

If someone is a crook - be it a petty thief or a Madoff-scale swindler - they deserve the consequences. If someone comes by their money and the things it buys honestly, they deserve the consequences - rewards if you will - of that too. If you're not happy with what you have, work harder, or longer, or smarter, and build yourself up, don't tear down someone else. If the OP has enough money for 100 Vettes, that's fine with me. There should be no connection between his posting his fine collection here, and attempts to suggest he and others with similar incomes are somehow responsible for people being on food stamps. That's total Rather, maybe people should look at what he has and use that as inspiration for what THEY, too, can achieve if they go about it right.

OP - nice Vettes, nice house, congrats on both and thank you for sharing them here!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:02 AM
aafadca
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 65 vette dude
I don't get it, what's wrong with CNN? MSNBC leans to the left, FOX leans waaaaay to the right. I watch CNN because I figure it's the only place where I can get unbiased news. They seem pretty balanced on both sides of the political spectrum to me.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 AM
aafadca
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 64con
Wow .I've never heard bs like this on this forum before ..please don't turn this great site into CRAP!!!!!!!!
Amen!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,366 Likes on 2,789 Posts

Originally Posted by hzz
You can't even enjoy the "fruits of your labor" anymore without someone trying to make you feel guilty for what you have accomplished in life.

It's not politically correct to do well. Everyone wants to bring you down to the lowest level. In their mind that is fair.

Well fair doesn't mean equal. Is it fair that someone who works their butt off should have half their income taxed away to pay for some lazy *ss who sits on a couch all day?

Without the "rich", where will all the bleeding hearts get the money for all of their social programs.

And who says everyone who owns a Corvette is rich? Maybe they don't p*ss their money away on crap...maybe they save up till they can actually afford to buy the car,foregoing other things like vacations,etc. How can you judge??

This whole topic and people like Saraholt make me sick.
Your comments on all your posts are spot on.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:50 AM
highschool67
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading this thread I thought I would check out some of Sarah's other posts. It appears she is a very angry individual.
Peace be with you Sarah.
Live long and prosper.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:58 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,366 Likes on 2,789 Posts

I have a collection, too.

Can I get a whiny liberal to call me names, please?

Old 01-03-2011, 10:02 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

I saw this documentry about some rich people in the US. I will not say where in the US but they interwiewed a rich female in her late 50`s and asked here paying about taxes. Her respond was "We dont pay taxes, that is up to the common man to do"

I had a little laugh when she said that
Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 AM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSaint
I saw this documentry about some rich people in the US. I will not say where in the US but they interwiewed a rich female in her late 50`s and asked here paying about taxes. Her respond was "We dont pay taxes, that is up to the common man to do"

I had a little laugh when she said that
That was Leona Helmsley, wife of a multi-millionaire hotel owner, often quoted as saying "Only the little people pay taxes"; she was also known as "the queen of mean". She later went to federal prison for tax evasion, and died there several years later.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:11 AM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869

Thank you:o:o

"I saw this documentry about some rich people in the US. I will not say where in the US but they interwiewed a rich female in her late 50`s and asked here paying about taxes. Her respond was "We dont pay taxes, that is up to the common man to do"

Of course there are SOME rich people who are like that, don't pay taxes, make money of the backs of employees they treat like crap, lie and cheat in business at every opportunity, even to the point of screwing their friends and families(see Madoff) just the same as there are SOME people on welfare who lie and cheat and are lazy scammers.

Overall, though, I think the rich are rich because hopefully they have contributed something to our world and society, using their special skill, in whatever that may be, to the benefit of the rest of us.

And overall, most of the poor are disadvantaged in some way or another, really do need the help of society, and are not scamming the system.

At least I hope so.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 AM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869

Old 01-03-2011, 11:05 AM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

OK, enough. I appreciate the comments here and the pics of the OP's vettes but there is way too much other crap started by saraholt and it belongs in off topic. I'm locking it down.

Quick Reply: Pictures of the newest addition and collection