C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Car trailer delivery options

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Randy G.
Race Director

Received 552 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by W Guy
Yes, their attention to detail is outstanding. Amish workforce. The location of the side door was calculated to match my cars. I went for the rubber flooring so I don't slip and bust my butt.
Verne
Attachment 48116699

They even clocked the washers on the hitch and matched the RTV color on the edges!
Attachment 48116700
Amazing quality. Did you get to do the factory tour? My wife and I did, and we got to see the Amish build the trailers. No cars in the employee parking lot, either. They use horse and buggies. Watching them wire brush the finished welds on the aluminum to give them a "brushed look" was amazing.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:02 PM
Randy G.
Race Director

Received 552 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickenbach
Nice trailer. I bought the same truck. Only thing I don't like is the tank on the side that hangs down. I'm glad you don't tow the car with the Jeep. I see the exotic guys tow an enclosed with their car using X5s and Range Rover Sports. I believe the reason Bruce Jenner killed that lady was he couldn't stop in time with an overloaded trailer
That's a beautiful truck. My guess is north of $80K in that beauty.

One thing that bothered me that I mentioned on the L5P Duramax forum when I bought my truck was the opening below the grille in the middle of the bumper for the trans cooler. Looked like a nice place for rock waiting to take it out. I found a stainless billet grille black powder coated some of the guys recommended on ebay for about $40 and put it on. Now I sleep better.

If you aren't already a member you should join up and get in the L5P discussion board. It needs more action. It's here. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/

Here's the grille I added.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Rickenbach
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy G.
That's a beautiful truck. My guess is north of $80K in that beauty.

One thing that bothered me that I mentioned on the L5P Duramax forum when I bought my truck was the opening below the grille in the middle of the bumper for the trans cooler. Looked like a nice place for rock waiting to take it out. I found a stainless billet grille black powder coated some of the guys recommended on ebay for about $40 and put it on. Now I sleep better.

If you aren't already a member you should join up and get in the L5P discussion board. It needs more action. It's here. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/

Here's the grille I added.

That's a good idea. I have seen some morons put LED lights in that opening. I had my last GMC for 9 years and sold it for $14k less than I paid for it. It wasn't stock, but that's a hell of a deal.

Last edited by Rickenbach; 07-27-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Car trailer delivery options