C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Dub needs help

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 08:38 AM
smacota1
Drifting

Received 402 Likes on 242 Posts

Yep... they hide reviews, but you can dig and find them. These 9 are all positive reviews!

9 reviews for Corvettes Etc that are not currently recommended

Note: The reviews below are not factored into the business's overall star rating.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/corvettes-etc-charlotte

They also make this statement on Yelp website:
Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews

Down with YELP!

Last edited by smacota1; 05-01-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Wolf74
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Dub has worked on my '65 white convertible several times. He has replaced the windshield, rebuilt the parking brake, changed the rear calipers, replaced brake lines and adjusted the doors. Quality work each and every time. He is known to do quality work and has a backlog so he isn't an "in and out in the same day you call kind of guy". He's not going to take shortcuts and will take the time to explain everything he is doing and why he has to do it that way for it to be "right".
Old 05-01-2019, 09:17 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 271 Posts

The poster hates everyone from his other reviews, How does Dub's " serve ice " really matter to this illiterate
Old 05-01-2019, 11:43 AM
GTOguy
Race Director

Received 3,446 Likes on 2,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert61
If you guys really really wanted a taste of what this thread is talking about you should come to Memphis. This is a daily way of life here. I hate to see how much we've devolved in the last 60 years and try as I may I can't fully comprehend how much worse it will be in the next 60 years. Not that it matters much for me.

It is enteresting to learn how Yelp truly operates. You would think some litigious type owner would record all of the corospondence of how they can help your reputation and sue them into oblivion.
It seems things like 'character' and 'integrity' and 'honor' are no longer seen in a positive light. Now, it's all about blaming others for your lack of character, bad choices, or failure to thrive. Gotta be someone else's fault. You're entitled, dammit. And they must be racist. As far as Dub is concerned, he is one of those rare characters (like Lars) that gives the car community so much more than we could ever give him back that it's amazing. We are truly blessed that there are people of Dub's talent and character out there that are willing to share their time and vast knowledge with us.....for free.
The following 7 users liked this post by GTOguy:
Easy Rhino (05-04-2019), Factoid (05-05-2019), Frankie the Fink (05-01-2019), Gary's '66 (05-06-2019), mike coletta (05-01-2019), SJW (05-01-2019), Westlotorn (05-04-2019) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-01-2019, 03:19 PM
sixtysixtom
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Dub has helped me out numerous times, always willing to help out no matter what the issue. When, I took a trip to NC I stopped by his shop to personally thank him for all his help.
Tom
Old 05-01-2019, 06:22 PM
ganshert
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

You guys crack me up!

One guy gets a bad Yelp review and all honor and integrity are dead and the younger generation is ruining the world with their social medias! If we could only go back to the sixties when everything was all sunshine and rainbows.

Last edited by ganshert; 05-01-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:22 PM
SDVette
Safety Car

Received 1,296 Likes on 561 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (stock)
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

The flood of new reviews is what triggers the "not currently recommended" status.
By trying to help him, you've likely made it worse.

I know nothing about these people or this business. I've had mixed experiences with Yelp myself... but it is nice to have a forum to complain when you get screwed over by a devious business.
More than once, posting a bad review has provoked the owner to offer me a remedy.
It cuts both ways.
The following users liked this post:
ganshert (05-01-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Oaker57
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 146 Likes on 69 Posts

I hate this whole social media review thing period. I never use them because there is no way to verify if said reviews, Pro or Con, are the least bit legit..!! For all we know, people are writing a review for their business owner friend as a favor, they can lie and he can swear to it. That's how social media is bringing human communication to a stand still in my opinion.

Bottom line, if you have a problem with the service at any business, at least have the ***** to go talk to them face to face instead of hiding behind a keyboard.

Dub, keep on doing what your doing, you have proven time and again you do the right thing. Thanks for helping all of us as you do, and I don't expect any less from you. You have always been there to answer my questions and as I've told you before it's much appreciated...!!!

Just my 2 cents

Mark
Old 05-04-2019, 04:03 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,089 Likes on 4,740 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by ganshert
You guys crack me up!

One guy gets a bad Yelp review and all honor and integrity are dead and the younger generation is ruining the world with their social medias! If we could only go back to the sixties when everything was all sunshine and rainbows.

I guess I come from a different generation where slamming somebody undeservedly is frowned upon....even if its only once...
The following 3 users liked this post by Frankie the Fink:
GTOguy (05-05-2019), mcb55-210 (05-04-2019), vettebuyer6369 (05-05-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 04:20 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,967 Likes on 1,199 Posts

Seems like it has (d)evolved to be more of an antisocial media in the past few years.....
Old 05-04-2019, 05:30 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,053 Likes on 1,935 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by mike coletta
Yelp is knocking them off faster than we can get them up. Yesterday, there were 9 postitive reviews, and this morning there are three. What a bunch of crooked bastards.
Why is this NOT internet extortion? There are entities that are supposed to be able to stop this. Is there some kind of loophole they are using?
Old 05-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Cerberus4u
As the owner of a restaurant, Yelp is the bane of the business community, and here is how it works..... Yelp, especially in the hospitality industry, is know to promote bad reviews and hide good ones... I have personally verified this by watching customers post complimentary comments and seeing that they don't show up on the Yelp page..... Then after some time and having your review ratings in the tank, Yelp calls you and "offers" to help get your company in better standing, if only you pay them $250-$1,000/mo.......

There is no question this business practice is what they do and I personally have talked with others in the business from all over the country and they all say the same thing and have the same story...... Thankfully google reviews has become more prevalent and more fair...

i can tell you personally, being a Conservative, who owns a restaurant in the State Capital, and - being a past elected official, our "friends" on the other side of the aisle use Yelp and other social media to attack your business on a very regular basis and these companies just don't give a Rats...A$$...... Very discouraging..

Now on the upside for DUB, one bad review is really insignificant, as much as it hurts to get your teeth kicked in publicly.....

Just my .02 on social media.......,

Rip Off Report works very similarly. Pay to play, and they bury bad reports. The actual owner of Rip Off Reports and I got in to it via email pretty heavily when I complained about one of his higher paying clients.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by ganshert
You guys crack me up!

I'm not sure where the "younger generation" issue came up other than you bringing it up? Maybe someone else brought it up, but I don't remember seeing it mentioned.

Would that be a form of victimship claiming, similar to pulling a race card, or a veteran's card, or a disability card?

Just wondering about perspective, since you went there.

Last edited by Easy Rhino; 05-04-2019 at 05:40 PM.
vettebuyer6369 (05-05-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 05:40 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,184 Likes on 748 Posts

dub is one of the ''SMARTEST'' people on this forum,

this whole internet review thing is BS
Old 05-05-2019, 01:23 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

I have to mention that every time I tried to use Yelp their high rated recommendations were lousy superficial businesses with a boastful w/s. Most I couldn't even bother to drive over to visit the shop. And the few I did I never got out'a the car. Machine shops with no machines to even display. Car shops full of expensive european cars. And none of the businesses I actually use seem to be listed by Yelp.

More of a product of our faceless internet and of course greed. This maybe getting off topic but any mentality can post nearly incognito w/o his/her reputation to defend. Oh and talk fake news now don't even get me started having to listen to all the commentary on national news suggesting how the country thinks or favors w/o verified data to back it up! How much news is actually news and how much is just some broadcasters commentary? Just report the facts! Can't they do that? Who wants to listen to someones counter culture imagination? Our politicians too. Enforce our boarders with electronic technology? Their brain is literally in outerspace.

I have to shut up now before I ruin a good thread.
tuxnharley (05-05-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Received 5,699 Likes on 2,859 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified

Social media - bringing happy people together to drive them apart through hate.

I believe Facebook which I originally used to stay in touch with distant family and friends has devolved into an evil, partisan organization. People I used to like and respect post some of the meanest, most biased tripe I’ve ever read. And if you really want to experience the darkest aspects of human nature, post a counter position...it’s just not worth it.
vettebuyer6369 (05-05-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 05:47 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
dub is one of the ''SMARTEST'' people on this forum,

this whole internet review thing is BS
This. Nobody pays attention to the internet unless they are brainless FB addicts.

Yelp can plainly see a bunch of his buddies are clogging up what are supposed to be reviews, not turing it into a FB page. Doing more harm than good.
Im sure DUB appreciates the support but..anyone who owns a biz understands. Who cares what that racist victim posts, if anyone pays attention to that then they got real issues in Moms basement

Totally believe all this myspace/FB crap has bred a new level of narcissist out there. Laziness, entitlement, victim mentality! Other countries are laughing how weak Americans are and they are RIGHT.
The real world happens when the PC is off. Go outside and do SOMEthing today.
My other half is like that.....addicted to the attention, believes everything google says....wanna break that stupid phone GD thing goes of round the clock.

Last edited by cv67; 05-05-2019 at 06:09 PM.
mike coletta (05-06-2019)

Quick Reply: Dub needs help