C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

CCW in C2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 12:12 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,268 Likes on 1,689 Posts

I like my little Ruger LCPII pocket pistol. I know, the Ruger lacks the cachet of Glock, and the .380 round isn't anyone's first choice in a gun battle. But, it'll get the job done in a pinch.
Don't leave home without it.
The following users liked this post:
vettebuyer6369 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:26 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

I have a Ruger LCP in 9MM. It slips right into a back pocket, and it may not be quick draw, but at least you have it,and it isn't obvious you are carrying, esp if you are only wearing jeans and t shirt.

Get something like these, and it "de-prints" the outline of the gun, so it doesn't look like you have a gun in your back pocket, from behind.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...cket-holsters/

Oh, one other reason to not get involved trying to be hero, it isn't uncommon for robbers to work in pairs, the stick up guy, and somebody incognito, watching his back. I am aware of couple wannabe good Samaritans that got shot by the incognito guy, when they tried to be Dirty Harry and point a gun at the stick up guy.

Doug
Old 06-13-2019, 01:37 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Ruger LCR .38 wheel gun or my S&W M&P 2.0 9mm bottom feeder for me. For an extended solo road trip you could always use one of these Hornady RFID safes, secured to the PS seat track with its provided cable strap, sitting on the PS seat with easy access via encrypted bracelet, key fob or RFID decal on your cell phone. This is what is on my nightstand but its portable for that matter..

https://www.hornady.com/security/rapid-safes/

Maybe throw a shirt or ball cap over it when you stop for gas, etc..

There are several sizes, they are cheap and very secure..great for those with kids and about $125..

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 06-13-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quick Reply: CCW in C2?