Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Should I Do About Ssbc

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used the phone and e-mails given on their site, I cannot get a hold of anyone with a title higher than sales
its always sales who reply.
and have alway ask for a manager or supervisor
to respond or call me.

Last edited by MEGLADON; 04-14-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:12 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

just added the reply from them
Old 04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

may be a manager but sure has spelling errors in his 1st sentence discuss ...where's ed??
Old 04-14-2005, 05:34 PM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

How are they going to proof that it's a material failure ??? Any test would be more expensive than the rotors - surface hardness, material composition and so on....
Improper use of brakes ? Hmmmm....
Old 04-14-2005, 05:57 PM
WayneLBurnham
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megladon, thanks again. I will not consider SSBC now.

What utter asses.

Even the harder pad materials should not grind away rotor material like that, even if grossly undressed and installed. Failure to break in the pads just damages their performance and causes squeaks.

*THIS* performance car SLAVE (I don't know about "enthusiast" - maybe I did once, but I'm way down the performance car crack ho drain now!) has read and played around with all sorts of brake products.

I never once caught a reference where any pad material without foreign inclusions will eat into rotors in the manner you've described. Accelerated wear, sure. Cutting deep grooves in a few hundred miles? PLEASE! Hawk pads of all types and levels warn you exact break-in is very important - FOR FUNCTION (and for pad life and lack of squealing) - not because it will nuke the rotors in a few run hours.

I do remember the one product I bought from SSBC - my vacuum pump, made in Spain. Noisiest thing you ever heard - like a couple or three performance electric fuel pumps with an ice cruncher and a stray banshee thrown in for good measure. It works decently, although my cam never produced the super low vacuum predicted which necessitated its installation.

Oh yeah, with the poster above on the pathetic grammar too. I might be a white trash version of an "on the veranda" cultural bigot, but if a person in a responsible position in a company cannot manage to use the King's English (or Mr. Webster's "American") in a formal business complaint letter, all my lights go from green to yellow and few start blinking red. That guy sounds like one of the idiots *I've* worked for!!!

Last edited by WayneLBurnham; 04-15-2005 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Bcuz I rits worsts thun them guy at SSBC...
Old 04-14-2005, 07:17 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Originally Posted by WayneLBurnham
What utter asses.

Even the harder pad materials should not grind away rotor material like that, even if grossly undressed and installed. Failure to break in the pads just damages their performance and causes squeaks.

*THIS* performance car SLAVE (I don't know about "enthusiast" - maybe I did once, but I'm way down the performance car crack ho drain now!) has read and played around with all sorts of brake products.

I never once caught a reference where any pad material without foreign inclusions will eat into rotors in the manner you've described. Accelerated wear, sure. Cutting deep grooves in a few hundred miles? PLEASE! Hawk pads of all types and levels warn you exact breakin is very important - FOR FUNCTION (and for pad life and lack of squealing) - not because it will nuke the rotors in a few run hours.

I do remember the one product I bought from SSBC - my vacuum pump, made in Spain. Noisiest thing you ever heard - like a coupel or three performance electric fuel pumps with an ice cruncher and a stray banshee thrown in for good measure. It works decently, although my cam never produced the super low vacuum predicted with necessitated it's installation.

Oh yeah, with the poster above on the pathetic grammar too. I might be a white trash version of an "on the veranda" cultural bigot, but if a person in a responsible position in a company cannot manage to use the King's English (or Mr. Webster's "American") in a formal business complaint letter, all my lights go from green to yellow and few start blinking red. That guy sounds like one of the idiots *I've* worked for!!!
LOL sounds like this pumped you up pretty good

All this could have been avoided if they told me to change my pads in the first place I don't want to cut my rotors, thats the whole reason I bought new ones in the FIRST PLACE

I really should have bought from VBP I called them yesterday
and told them of a part that fell off my dual mount, and they sent me a brand new one, I was gonna pay with a credit card, and he
then said (" NO CHARGE") THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE
Old 04-14-2005, 07:40 PM
nastee383
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Older Than Dirt
You can always file a complaint with the BBB.
Don't bother, they won't do jack.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I have not found a website like the one below that includes automotive businesses....

http://www.resellerratings.com/

I checked several stores when I bought my digital camera - amazing how bad the customer's feedback is for some camera stores... even more amazing how bad the stores are....

I'd think if you post your experience on a website like this one it will at least give you the warm and fuzzy feeling that potential customers read it before buying from them...

Maybe you should just email them the link to this site and ask again for new rotors .. and no more from them....
Old 04-14-2005, 08:43 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

I sent them this one, and my other thread in tech/performance
"LOOK WHATS HAPPING TO MY BRAKES" and never got a response it even has pictures
Old 04-15-2005, 09:32 AM
cosmicvette
Melting Slicks

What a lovely letter that was!

I mean really who uses CAPS LIKE THAT ANYMORE, I THOUGHT WE WERE OVER THAT.

Don't waste your time shipping the rotors back they are just scr*wing with you.

They were unlucky they chose a board member to p*ss off, I know a few will have second thoughts when buying things from this supplier now, I certainly will. Silly silly people, for the cost of a couple of rotors they now stand to lose $$$$$ from many potential customers that will go elsewhere.

At the end of the day semi-metallc pads shouldn't eat up rotors like that. Sounds like the pads were stuffed to me, it isn't a matter of you selecting the wrong product it seems more likely that the pads were of poor quality. What sort of distance of driving are we talking to cause this deep scoring of your rotors?

I have run semi metallic pads before and they did eat rotors more quickly but it wasn't like they cut the rotors to shreds.

cosmicvette
Old 04-15-2005, 01:56 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cosmicvette
What a lovely letter that was!

What sort of distance of driving are we talking to cause this deep scoring of your rotors

ALL city driving, with a few freeway runs
Old 04-16-2005, 05:38 AM
cosmicvette
Melting Slicks

How many miles did you do?

I have done several thousand on a set of semi-metallics and still not worn out the rotors or the pads. And that was with cross-drilled rotors as well.

cosmicvette

Quick Reply: What Should I Do About Ssbc