Sponsored by:

Quick fixes

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Fstdraw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick fixes

Hope i've got this in the right forum. I've taken the small block out of our '69 coupe. The motor will be out of the car only 3 or 4 days. What can I do in short order to spruce things up a bit( in the engine bay) before I install the new 406? The car has the typical underhood problems all Vettes do, power steering fluid on things, replaced non-stock parts here and there, the black engine compartment paint worn off. I'm going to service the 4sp and repaint the bell housing, but could use advice on things to fix up or at least pay some attention to. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:08 AM
fast idle
Pro

a scrub brush with some paint thinner will get most of the grease and grime off and have it ready to paint.
tidy up wiring harnesses by re-wraping them with the plastic protector tubing. tuck away any unused leads (old a/c wires etc)
if you are painting use a semi gloss not a gloss,and be sure to cover any thing you don't want painted, it takes about two days but it will make it look 100 percent better.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:05 AM
ICEMAN59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

If you have time before the process starts order POR-15's kit it has degreaser, etching prep, primer and top coat. I did my engine bay and undercaridge in three days, you can see pics in MYCorvettte pics under my avatar.

Hope this helps,
The iceman
Keith.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:29 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by fast idle
a scrub brush with some paint thinner will get most of the grease and grime off and have it ready to paint.
tidy up wiring harnesses by re-wraping them with the plastic protector tubing. tuck away any unused leads (old a/c wires etc)
if you are painting use a semi gloss not a gloss,and be sure to cover any thing you don't want painted, it takes about two days but it will make it look 100 percent better.

i wanted a contrast since i had ablack vette and a black engine so i went with a different color for the eninge bay

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by bobs77vet; 05-09-2005 at 08:48 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Quick fixes

Quick Reply: Quick fixes