Sponsored by:

Need Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 11:13 AM
pmurray
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Exhaust

Does anyone have expierence with Walker chambered exaust?
http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=4.1293

I would like a little noise from the pipes. Or would Flow Masters be a good choice with out cahnging all the pipes?

I have a 1972 350 w/AC

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:19 AM
mandm1200
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a little noise from the pipes then the Walker exhaust may not be the right choice. You'll get much more than a little noise from them. They sound great at idle and are noisy while driving normally. My daughter could hear me more than 1 1/2 mile away. Punch it and it rally loud.
By the way, I love them!
Old 05-14-2005, 01:49 PM
chris75stingray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw another post saying that those pipes have a pretty bad fit. you might want to see if you can find it.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:19 PM
tigers123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default about fit

I put shorty headers on so you throw the first section away as the muffler shop will have to bend it. If you are using stock cast iron manifolds I do not know how the first section fits. That being said I liked having the muffler shop fit it as the fellow welded tabs on the rest of it and screwed it to the rear crossmember before the axle. He also was able to use the hangars for the stock location for the back section. But by welding those tabs on he prevented the back section from drooping because of the clamps and running around the spare tire carrier. [1974 corvette] He also put a crossover in for me on the pipes for resonance. For all this he charged 110 dollars parts and labor which I considered extremely fair. They are loud above idle outside the car, but not inside the car. I myself personally think there is a little restriction to them and you lose a little top end power. Seemed more free flowing with old exhaust. That is opinion and not backed by fact.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Exhaust

Quick Reply: Need Exhaust