Sponsored by:

line lock

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 06:33 AM
john1977
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default line lock

Is anyone using a line lock on there vette and if so where do you get one? Have looked in summit but they dont list one for a vette. Also how much trouble is it to install?
Old 07-31-2005, 06:52 AM
The Green Hornet
Melting Slicks

Location: Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer. Wisconsin
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Seen a post about a line lock install either on this fourm or cac.
Do a search on Line lock & see what comes up.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:47 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I got mine from Summit. Can't recommend the installation kit. If you have a Napa nearby you can get all the fittings and brake lines you need there. Used it for the first time yesterday - worked great!

here is my detailed installation thread - with pics

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...0&forum_id=119
Old 07-31-2005, 10:21 AM
motorpsycho502
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the photos in my sig if you want to see what a line lock does. I have the button mounted on the side of the shifter so you can hold it with your thumb. I also installed it a little different. the directions say to plumb it to hold the front brake pessure while pressing the button (allowing you to relase the brake pedal). this is a more difficult way to plumb it. so I simply put it in line with the rear brake line. The disadvantage is that this method block the pressure from reaching the back, meaning you must hold the pedal and the button at the same time. You also have to install the valve backwards due to the internal check valve in the solenoid valve. The end result is still a BIG burnout witout having to stress the trans/brakes so much.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:59 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

motorpsycho - I had to read your post twice to figure out WTF you were talking about!! At first it sounded to me as if you were totally defeating the purpose of a linelock. Installing it on the rear and still using your brake pedal??? The entire purpose of the linelock for me is so I don't have to use the brake pedal, and it keeps my rear brakes off. I have a 4spd. BUT, I figured out you must have an automatic trans, so using the brake pedal is no problem, and you use the linelock to keep pressure AWAY from the rear brakes. I get it now! and I guess that is a reasonable way to install and use a linelock with an automatic trans.

Get notified of new replies

To line lock

Quick Reply: line lock