C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone sell a COMPLETE interior package?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 12:45 PM
minitech
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Just because no one offers "Complete interior package for 1968 Corvette" does not mean you couldn't call the vendor and tell them you want to buy all of it at the same time. Forum vendors are notorious for giving discounts on large purchases at the same time, some even give a discount if you continue to buy from them. Be sure to tell them you are a forum member.

Get someone on the phone and let them know what you need and see what it costs. You might be surprised.

If it were me I would take a look at what I already have. If no color change then clean up the panel and use it if it still looks like it is in good shape. A new part will just look very much the same and probably won't fit as well as your original parts. If you want you could re dye the panels same color to look "Newer" if same color but I don't think it would make any difference. Definitely can spray dye to color change and it looks like brand new parts.

Why spend $100 on a panel that looks exactly the same as what you already have?

Always remember the C3 is not a precision device at all. The whole interior comes out with a phillips screwdriver just about. And even stock fit was never to the level of current fit and feel. And that is a very good thing. Cool cars they are!

EDIT: Almost forgot. You can buy a set of interior fasteners, screws, etc that are all new and if doing a new complete install that might be a nice touch.

Last edited by minitech; 11-08-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:00 AM
ARMYcorvette
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering how most things from Will *** fit. I understand that not everything is going to fit perfectly like modern cars do, it's just that I'm deployed and my bother is trying to finish my car for me by the time I get back. I am trying to avoid a massive headache for him lol. I'm currently deciding between Will *** and Al Knoche.

And yes I'm trying to gut the interior because mine is trash, and put all new items in there.

Last edited by ARMYcorvette; 10-21-2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:28 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi A,
There are only a couple of manufacturers of interior parts.
Al Knock is one of them.

You should speak to the folks at Willcox to see which manufacturers parts they are selling.

MANY of the new soft parts look pretty in the box, but are a nightmare to install and fit well.
This is why folks feel restoring what original parts you can is a wiser way to proceed.
Regards,
Alan
Old 10-21-2017, 07:43 AM
ARMYcorvette
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the insight, it is much appreciated. I will talk to my brother and see if he can find someone to restore the parts. For the parts that are destroyed, do you know which manufactures are the best ones to look for, and the ones to stay away from?
Old 10-21-2017, 08:03 AM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by ARMYcorvette
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering how most things from Will *** fit. I understand that not everything is going to fit perfectly like modern cars do
I got all my interior from Willcox, and I`m pretty happy with the fit of most everything. Only a couple small spots.... top right corner of the dash pad, and I had to heat the door panels with a heat gun just a bit. Other than that, I think it looks pretty good.

Quick Reply: Does anyone sell a COMPLETE interior package?