Sponsored by:

Need Complete Air Cleaner Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:50 AM
knkayotte
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Complete Air Cleaner Assembly

Here’s a trivial question. My 72 sb did not have the air cleaner on it when I bought it. What complete aftermarket air cleaner assembly will fit under the hood of a 72 without clearance issue?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Entropy
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I'm going to assume you have an L48 small block.

The Mr. Gasket 14" X 2" low profile air cleaner will clear. Around $30 in any decent parts store. I tried to fit a Moroso 1.5" drop low profile air cleaner with a 3" element under my hood, and no such luck. I'm running the Mr. Gasket 2" element now, but will be upgrading to a K&N 2.5" by 14" filter, since I have at least that much rooom to go up (I know there are argument about K&N, search the threads, but I couldn't find another manufacturer that makes that size). Or, you could go out and buy a replica at any of the several sites that sell corvette parts.

trw
Old 09-23-2005, 11:18 AM
GaryS
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knkayotte
Here’s a trivial question. My 72 sb did not have the air cleaner on it when I bought it. What complete aftermarket air cleaner assembly will fit under the hood of a 72 without clearance issue?
I also think that you can buy the complete air cleaner unit, lid and wing nut from most vendors, including Paragon and perhaps Dr. Rebuild. Check them on line. Bet you can find it there.
Gary

Get notified of new replies

To Need Complete Air Cleaner Assembly

Quick Reply: Need Complete Air Cleaner Assembly