Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Build Sheet

Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 AM
audiec
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Blank Build Sheet

I just dropped the tank on my 74 last weekend. My car came from a north\central state, MI or WI, not sure which. I was excited to see the build sheet.

What I found was the fiber remains, I kind of expected it because the car was driven most of its life in a snowy wet climate.

So I have been shopping ebay looking for tank replacement parts and I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

A blank build sheet for your vette, just fill it in, cut and paste to your tank. Sounds like a Windows XP program...for just a meer $99 + $12.50 S&H. The seller even offers a phone number of a typist for an additional fee.

I personally love to see perfectly restored cars, but I would not give $111.50 for an 8 x 10 sheet of paper to glue to a tank that no one will ever see.

Bargin or not...
Old 11-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Patrick73
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, that is NOT a build sheet. The format for build sheets was completely different. That appears to be a reproduction dealer order form used by the local chevy dealer---not a document used on the assembly line in St. Louis and glued to the gas tank.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:53 AM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Reproduction window sticker....Triple A Enterprises...think it was $26 bucks..made from my dealer invoice below....

Dealer invoice..(upper right)in photo below..$50....available for 1977 vette and up....have no info on a build sheet...but it is similar to one posted..only have seen one real one...

Last edited by rihwoods; 11-30-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:56 AM
KapsSA
Safety Car

Received 170 Likes on 137 Posts

I "reproduced" the build sheet for my white 79. Original was in bad shape but readable. Took a copy of my black 79s sheet and photocopied it. Used whiteout on any incorrect info. Typed out all the correct info in the proper size and printed it all out. Then cut and pasted it together. Lot of the info was the same, mostly same options and interior colors, main difference was ext. color and transmission. Dealer stuff of course.Then photocopied it. Turned out pretty good. Keep it in in my folder next to the original. Wouldn't fool anyone but not my purpose. Just want to display an example of what it should look like.Apparantly I have tooo much time on my hands!

Mike
Old 11-30-2005, 12:07 PM
KapsSA
Safety Car

Received 170 Likes on 137 Posts

Rihwoods, I see how your California L82 was delivered to Arizona. Gettin' around the "not available in California" law . My black 79 was delivered outside Chicago for the same reason. I believe the "not available" law was mainly due to noise restrictions, not emissions. How lame .
Mike
Old 11-30-2005, 12:35 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KapsSA
Rihwoods, I see how your California L82 was delivered to Arizona. Gettin' around the "not available in California" law . My black 79 was delivered outside Chicago for the same reason. I believe the "not available" law was mainly due to noise restrictions, not emissions. How lame .
Mike
I bought it from the original owner when it had 9,000 miles on it.....It was delivered to AZ,then 25 miles were put on Vette(noted on warranty) then sold to La Jolla Motors as a "used" vette..hee hee...
In Calif,it was emmisions..you could not buy a manual transmission vette in California after 1975,either...not to mention the L-82...
Anyway,I got some pretty good documentation from the original owner...more than shown..think my tank sticker was lost when it was painted in 1987 ??? Don't have a clue on that...oh,one more thing..the original owner had fit duals with TWO cats...I got away with that all these years (smog tests) till recently when I had to replace exhaust.. Now I am legal...

Old exhaust:

Last edited by rihwoods; 11-30-2005 at 01:02 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Blank Build Sheet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blank Build Sheet