Sponsored by:

Chrome Wiper Tray Cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:56 PM
NBC3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Wiper Tray Cover

I was out the other night looking at another 76 to buy - parts car. The one I was looking at had a chrome wiper tray cover. I have never seen one like this. Its usually the black plastic one. Has anyone seen the chrome ones and more importantly, is there a vendor who sells them?

If not maybe Bangcok Dean could design and sell a nice shiny stainless one with a logo stamped on it
Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

There are not many folks who would want a chome wiper cover that will reflect sun into your eyes like a mirror. It might be a "keeper" on a show car...but not a good choice on a driver car. [I've never seen one for sale in an aftermarket catalog...]
Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Bric
Racer

I think he's talking about a tray cover for under the long hood of the rubber bumper cars. This wouldn't apply to your chrome bumper car with the pop up wiper door.

The cover would be concealed almost entirely until you opened the hood. Then you'd see it. I can't see any sunlight getting in there and causing a problem.

I'd be interested in one myself in stainless or even powder coated satin black!

Bri
Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I've seen them in black/paint-to-match, but never chromed.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:26 PM
NBC3
Racer

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
There are not many folks who would want a chome wiper cover that will reflect sun into your eyes like a mirror. It might be a "keeper" on a show car...but not a good choice on a driver car. [I've never seen one for sale in an aftermarket catalog...]
I have a 76 and the tray cover is completely covered by the hood. I have one from Ecklers that is black plastic but WOW, you should see this other one. I think I will try to buy the cover even if I cant get the car.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Lon Wayne
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vader Vette

Just painted mine silver the car color and it looks marvelous I wolud buy that chrome one if you can.
I also taped the outline on my back deck Fake air vent did the outside metal flake silver and the inside Gloss black man they pop off the back deck. Im getting ready to do the vent at the top of the hood.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:00 PM
NBC3
Racer

Originally Posted by Lon Wayne
Just painted mine silver the car color and it looks marvelous I wolud buy that chrome one if you can.
I also taped the outline on my back deck Fake air vent did the outside metal flake silver and the inside Gloss black man they pop off the back deck. Im getting ready to do the vent at the top of the hood.
I was talking to the owners and they had the cover made. So, I offered them money my tray cover in exchange. We'll see what happens. Would love to see pictures of what you are doing...
Old 08-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Lon Wayne
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill get some pics for for the first of the week gotta go over to Dayton and fix A hottub Sunday and the Remote control Jet Scramble is here to so My Sunday is super busy But Ill get Pics for Monday.
I did get the hood done man it looks good I think.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
NBC3
Racer

Default I bought the car

I was thinking about the wiper tray and went to see how it was fastened down. When they opened the hood there was another goodie that I hadn"t noticed. The entire underside of the hood is soverlayed in mirror stainless - NICE!
I spoke further to them and found out a few more things. In the end I bought the whole car for 3K. Not bad for a spare parts department.

The car belongs to the local police department and was used as their "Zero Tolerance" car. It has the same stripe package as their cruisers including a little light bar on top.
When I asked what was up with selling it, they said that the purpose of the car was to educate kids about the dangers of drugs and alcohol, but that every time they brought it out the attention was all from guys in their 40's and 50's.
It was built 15 years ago and has its own enclosed trailer. They have put maybe 20K kilometers on it since they built it.

Excited
B
Old 01-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's actually a VERY cool car. I would love to see a lot more pics of it when you get a chance.

Also, let me know what other goodies they included into that car that you're not going to use...I might be interested in some of the more unique or odd parts or accessories.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
NBC3
Racer

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy
That's actually a VERY cool car. I would love to see a lot more pics of it when you get a chance.

Also, let me know what other goodies they included into that car that you're not going to use...I might be interested in some of the more unique or odd parts or accessories.
DB,
once I get into it I will let you know what's there. Here's a question for ya. In Canada it is illegal to run a vehicle with red and blue lights unless you are an actual law enforcement vehicle. The bar lights on this vette are going to have to come off. Are you allowed to have them on a vehicle in the states? would they be worth anything down there?

Get notified of new replies

To Chrome Wiper Tray Cover

Quick Reply: Chrome Wiper Tray Cover